Papanasam Sivan

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
cacm

Re:

Post by cacm »

cacm wrote:HI ALL, I notice Asok Ramani is posting in this site. May be he can be contacted to get copies of his excellent cd-rom a must for anyone interested in Sivan. vkv
Asok has done an EXCELLENT work on this cd-rom & it has most of the important info about SIVAN. Maybe he can re-release it. VKV

rshankar

Re: Papanasam Sivan

Post by rshankar »

Pratyaksham Bala wrote:The lyrics for the songs were penned by the music director Papanasam Sivan. He originally penned the song Vadaname Chandra Bhimbamo as Mugam Adhu Chandra Bimbamo. But when M. K. Thyagaraja Bhagavathar pointed out to Sivan how "Mugam Adhu" sounded like "Muhammad", Sivan changed it to "Vadaname".
In a Lec-Dem on Sri P.Sivan, Sri DKJ said that he was the one to point this out, and how Sri Sivan, who was so much older than he (DKJ) was, had no problems in accepting the critique of a young boy, and changing the lyrics.

ragam-talam

Post by ragam-talam »

I believe the lec-dem audio that rshankar refers to is available at sangeethapriya site. It's a must listen for rasikas of Sivan and DKJ!

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Can this link be provided for the benefit of rasikas, who were not fortunate to enjoy till now. DKJ has sung exclusively PS songs which is available as a folder in sangeethapriya site! The natabhairavi( sri valli deva) & kalyani( Unnai...) songs in addition to many more PS songs are available in this folder.

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

Re: Devamanohari
." There is also a lovely ganapati song by Papanasam Sivan that I heard Ashok Ramani sing many years back. Can't remember the words though. I think Sivan has also composed a varnam in Devamanohari."This I have cut &pasted from Raga thread. can anyone reply?

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

One of the members required the lyrics of his compositions. can try this link:

http://www.sangeethamshare.org/murthy/0 ... kritis.htm 400 numbers

venkatakailasam

venkatakailasam

one song composed by Nilakanta Sivan and rendered by Musiri can be found in this link:

http://www.sangeethamshare.org/murthy/0 ... anya-Iyer/

( Igaparam tharum perumai-Khamas )

venkatakailasam

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

The devamanOhari kriti by Shivan on Ganesha is shrI gaNapatiyE tiruvarul.
I don't think he has composed a varNa in this rAgA.

ragam-talam

Post by ragam-talam »

An excellent lec-dem by Sethalapathy on Papanasam Sivan can be found here: http://www.sangeethamshare.org/nvn/seth ... i-lec-dem/
An interesting tidbit on Sivan is that his mother tongue was Malayalam!

venkatakailasam

E'-SWARA-Bajanai sei maname-Papanasam Sivan singing- MiXing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTosrYUqYIE

Sri Vathapi ganapathiye -How and when it was composed

Song rendered by Smt Charumathi Ramachandran:

E'-SWARA-001-Smt Charmathi Ramachandran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF2UPtNJbI4

venkatakailasam

natakapriyan

Post by natakapriyan »

Sri panasam Sivan Has composed Many Sanskrit krithis ,(Sri valli,Narayana,Sriramabhadra etc) which are of high standard and are sparingly sung by the artists. Can anyone has all the sanskrit krithi with notations.

venkatakailasam

E SWARA-006-Sethlapathi Balsubramaniam-lecdem-on pApanAsham shivan ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCRXxYExFoY

E SWARA P Sivan 001 Papanasam Sivan concert 1971 concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDyxSHBYEbk

harimau

Post by harimau »

ragam-talam wrote:
An interesting tidbit on Sivan is that his mother tongue was Malayalam!
Not true.

He was from the village of Polagam which is in the Tanjore delta.

At a young age, his widowed mother took her children to Trivandrum to make a living for herself.

He studied Sanskrit at the local school and supposedly did not have formal schooling in the Tamil language.

This gives rise to the false impression that his mother tongue was Malayalam.

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

Papanasam Sivan was the chinna mAmanAr (father-in-law's younger brother) of Tamil matinee idol and Chief Minister of Tamilnadu, MGR, himself a Malayali. Sivan's elder brother P.R.Rajagopala Iyer took a Malayali as his second wife and to them was born V.N.Janaki who acted in films and later became MGR's wife. Sivan's early years in Trivandrum and this MGR relationship are his only Malayali connections. He was a pakkA Tanjorean.

venkatakailasam

Getting Sangeetha Kalanidhi award from Governor K. K. Shah at the Music Academy, December 1971

Concert 152-Papanasam Sivan concert
His mukthi day to day-10-10-2014

Listen at::
http://mfi.re/listen/a85162javfpxnk3/Co ... oncert.mp3

1.shri.pApanAsham_shivan-vocal
2.Dr.rukmiNi_ramaNi-(daughter)-vocal_support
Courtesy: Dr.N. shankara Narayana

Contents:
01-nI_indha_mAyam-varNa-DhanyAsi-Adhi-pApanAsham_shivan
02-shrI_rAma_nAma-aTANa-Adhi-pApanAsham_shivan
03-murugA_muzhumadhi-sAvEri-Adhi-pApanAsham_shivan
04-kShIrasAgara_shayana-dhEvagAnDhAri-Adhi-thyAgarAja
05-sAmagAna_lOlane-hindhOLa-Adhi-pApanAsham_shivan
06-rAra_sithA-hindhOLa_vasantha-rUpaka-thyAgarAja
07-thAmadham_En_swAmi-thOdi-Adhi-pApanAsham_shivan
08-swAmikki_sari_evvarE-kEdharagouLa-rUpaka-pApanAsham_shivan
09-shrI_rAmabhadhra-sAramathi-Adhi-pApanAsham_shivan
10-dhEvi_shrI_mInalOchani-kalyANi-Adhi-pApanAsham_shivan
11-nAnoru_viLaiyAttu-navarasakannada-Adhi-pApanAsham_shivan

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

A share from my friend Shri Kannan

I was a bachelor residing in South Mada Street, Mylapore, in late Fifties and early Sixties. I used to accompany Papanasam Sivan as a member of his famous "Bhajanai Ghoshti" doing the round on the Four Streets of Sri Kapaleeswarar Temple on all mornings before sunrise during the sacred month of Margazhi (December and January) when Sivan would render passionately his great compositions.

He was pretty ripe in age and toothless too. But great Musicians of his time, like Madurai Mani Iyer, K.V. Narayanaswamy. D.K. Pattammal, G.N.B, M.L. Vasanthakumari and a few other professionals joined him on special days to listen and learn how he sang his own compositions.

In one of his rarest of appearances, Madurai Mani Iyer, not very healthy that time, was prodded by the great Sivan gently, to sing a song. Mani Iyer sang, in his inimitable manner, Sivan's lyrically beautiful and evergreen composition that he popularised, on the Presiding Deity of Mylapore, Sri Kapaleeswarr, "Kapali, Nin Karunai...".

Everybody in the huge gathering on North Mada Street (A Grand Sweets Branch has opened its shop there now) was simply and visibly moved. Sivan, equally touched, said emotionally: "Mani, pinnale par, yar ninnindu thalai attinduirukkarnu. sakshath kapaliye vandhu nikkiraple ille?"

Stirred and impressed by this spiritually-charged comment of the great composer, everybody stood still, looking at the rear; . But we, mere mortals, saw nothing. But the great Sivan. looked entranced and with eyes moist, looked at the background of Sri Mani Iyer and did a 'Namasthe' with folded hands. We were all mesmerised and felt cleansed by this gesture of the grratt Sivan. The exclusive Darshan of Lord Siva given to Papanasam Sivan was the talking point in the Bhajanai that day.

When Papanasam Sivan was conferred the prestigious Award of "Sangeetha Kalanidhi" by the Music Academy in the year 1971, I was in the last row in the Balcony of the Auditorium standing and applauding. That was a Red Letter Day in my life.

cacm

Post by cacm »

Dear Sri.Thanjavooran,
VERY MOVING & YOUR ACCOUNT BROUGHT NOT ONLY TEARS BUT UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES OF THAT PERIOD ('50-'59) when I also attended the Margazhi Bhajanai Ghosthi.. Wish you had written it before CLEVELAND FESTIVAL (during SIVAN SYMPOSIUM) where I related similar happenings involving Ramnad Krishnan, LGJ etc. What a period it was. I related the story of Feynman meeting Einstein & describing it as equivalent to meeting GOD. I said being in the presense of SIVAN WAS TO ME a similar experience & the only other time I felt so was when Mahatma Gandhi got down from the train at Tambaram Railway Station & just smiled for a few minutes(It was his day of Silence). PLEASE WRITE YOUR EXPERIENCES MORE. VKV :!:

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

Thanks, Thanjavooran, for sharing .

cacm

Post by cacm »

"When Papanasam Sivan was conferred the prestigious Award of "Sangeetha Kalanidhi" by the Music Academy in the year 1971, I was in the last row in the Balcony of the Auditorium standing and applauding. That was a Red Letter Day in my life." Sri Kannan
I was outside the hall myself & found that AFTER the title business etc he was outside wondering how to get back to his home....What a Shame!...HAPPY SRI. MURALI has STRAIGHTENED out these GROSS disrespectful situations.....VKV

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Brought tears when a Mahatma of the greatness of Papanasam Sivan wondering how to get back home!!! This happens even now for mothers and parents who struggle for two square meals and the safety and security of home.

cacm

Post by cacm »

VK RAMAN wrote:Brought tears when a Mahatma of the greatness of Papanasam Sivan wondering how to get back home!!! This happens even now for mothers and parents who struggle for two square meals and the safety and security of home.
SIVAN HAD THE FULL SUPPORT OF HIS FAMILY, ANY CARNATIC MUSICIAN WORTH HIS SALT, AS WELL AS RASIKAS WHO CLEARLY REALISED & RECOGNISED HE WAS LITERALLY CLOSE TO A GOD IN AT LEAST A PARALLEL UNIVERSE.....FORTUNATE are those who were LUCKY to be in his presence...VKV

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

A share
வடமொழி சொற்கடல்

வடமொழியிலிருந்து ஆங்கிலத்துக்கும், ஆங்கிலத்திலிருந்து வடமொழிக்கும் ஏராளமாக அகராதிகள் உள்ளன. வடமொழியிலிருந்து தமிழுக்கும், தமிழிலிருந்து வடமொழிக்கும் அகராதிகள் உள்ளனவா என்று ஒரு நண்பர் கேட்டார். அப்படி எதுவும் இருப்பதாகவே தெரியவில்லை. வடமொழி அறிந்த தமிழர்கள் யாரும் இந்த முயற்சியில் ஈடுபடவில்லை என்று தோன்றியது.

தமிழிலிருந்து சிலப்பதிகாரம் – மணிமேகலை, பெரியபுராணம் ஆகிய பழந்தமிழ் இலக்கியங்கள் பலவும் வடமொழியில் மொழிபெயர்த்துள்ளனர். அந்த அறிஞர்களுக்கு வடமொழி நன்கு அறிந்த காரணத்தினால் அகராதி எதுவும் உருவாக்க வேண்டும் என்று தோன்றாமல் – அல்லது அதற்கு ஒரு அவசியம் ஏற்படாமல் இருந்திருக்கலாம்.

நண்பர் ஜடாயு பிரபல கர்நாடக இசை கலைஞரும், சாஹித்ய கர்த்தாவுமான பாபநாசம் சிவன் ஒரு சம்ஸ்க்ருதம் – தமிழ் அகராதியை உருவாக்கி இருக்கிறார் என்று ஒரு குறிப்பு கொடுத்தார். இந்த குறிப்பைக் கொண்டு எளிதாக இந்த அகராதியை கண்டு பிடிக்க முடிந்தது.

இந்த வடமொழி சொற்கடல் 1954ம் வருடம் முதல் பதிப்பு வெளிவந்து பிறகு சமீபத்தில் 2000ல் இரண்டாம் பதிப்பு வெளிவந்திருக்கிறது. “संस्कृत भाषा शब्द समुद्र: – द्राविड भाषार्त सहित: - தமிழ் பொருளுடன் வடமொழி சொற்கடல்” என்ற பெயரில் தற்போது என்னிடம் உள்ள இந்த பதிப்பு உள்ளே ஐந்து பாகங்களை உள்ளடக்கிய ஒரே புத்தகமாக இருக்கிறது.

வடமொழிச் சொல்லுக்கு பொருள் தருவதால் இதை அகராதி என்று சொல்லலாமே தவிர, வழக்கமான அகராதிகளைப் போல் இது தொகுக்கப் படவில்லை. சிவன் அவர்கள் இதை நூதனமான முறையில், சொல்லின் எதுகை மோனைகளை அடிப்படையாக கொண்டு தொகுத்திருக்கிறார். அதனால் அகராதியை உபயோகிக்கும் எண்ணத்தில் வார்த்தைகளை இதில் தேடுவது மிகக் கடினம் – மேலும் சாதாரண வினைச்சொற்கள், உரிச்சொற்கள் பெருமளவு இதில் இல்லை.

சில உதாரணங்கள்:

மூன்றாவது தரங்கத்தில்:

आननं – முகம்

काननं – காடு, பிரமன் முகம், ஜலம்

लेपनं- பூச்சு

वेपनं – நடுக்கம்

शोभनं – மங்களம்

இவ்வாறு புத்தகம் முழுவது எதுகை – மோனைகளைக் கொண்டே தொகுக்கப் பட்டுள்ளது. சிவன் அவர்கள் பொதுவான அகராதி குறித்த எதிர்பார்ப்பையும் மனதில் கொண்டு ஒவ்வொரு பாகத்தில் இறுதியிலும், அந்த பாகத்தில் வந்த அத்தனை சமஸ்க்ருத சொற்களையும் அகரவரிசைப் படி கொடுத்திருக்கிறார்.

சொல்லப் போனால், சமஸ்க்ருதம் நன்கு அறிந்து அதில் கவிதைகள் – சாஹித்யங்கள் எழுத முனைபவர்களுக்கு இந்த புத்தகம் பெரும் உதவியாக இருக்கக் கூடும். பாபநாசம் சிவன் அவர்களே ஒரு வடமொழி கவிஞராகவும், சங்கீத மேதையாக இருப்பதாலும் இவ்வாறு தொகுத்துள்ளார். சமஸ்க்ருதம் கற்க விரும்புகிறவர்களுக்கு இந்த சொற்கடல் உதவும் என்று தோன்றவில்லை.

வடமொழி = தமிழ் நேரடியான அகராதிகள் எதுவும் இன்னமும் இருப்பதாக தெரியவில்லை. இனி யாராவது சமஸ்க்ருதம் அறிந்த தமிழர்கள் அதனை உருவாக்கினால்தான் உண்டு.

இந்தப் புத்தகம் பற்றி: http://shivanisai.net

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Can someone please translate this?
As every member of rasikas doesn't read tamizh, these posts in languages other than English can sound like the proceedings of a secret society that excludes them - even if that was not the intention of the posting.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

It takes me a lot of time to read such long posts in tamil as I am not a regular reader of tamil and I agree with Ravi - a parellel translation in english is suggested.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

... translation in english is suggested.
Here is the gist of the contents :-

"There are Sanskrit-English and English-Sanskrit dictionaries, but there seems to be no Sanskrit-Tamil dictionary !

"However, someone gave a reference to a book named 'Samskrita Bhasha Shabda Samudra' written by Papanasam Sivan. This was published in 1954, and the second edition came out in 2000. Unfortunately, this a not a dictionary. Sivan has compiled rhyming words in Sanskrit, which could be of use to those who are familar with Sanskrit and who wish to write Sanskrit kritis as per prasa rules."

Pratyaksham Bala

'Shivanisai' -- promoted by Papanasam Ashok Ramani (grandson of Papanasam Sivan) and Dr. Rukmini Ramani (daughter of Sivan) -- has published a number of books by Papanasam Sivan, details of which are available at: http://shivanisai.org/publications.html

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Shri P B Avl,
Thanx! Nanri.
Thanjavooran
04 05 2015

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Sivan's bringing up in Trivandrum makes him a malayalee according to majority of tamilians. Many among us do not care where one was born, but who he is surrounded with has a lot to do with public impression of the individual even if he she talks Tamil at home. Sivan's compositions are full of bhava and I love it.

cacm

Post by cacm »

NOT TRUE HE IS CONSIDERED A MALAYALEE. Tamilian VKV .....I AGREE with rest of what you have written.

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

I have never heard any one referring to him as a malayALee. This is news to me. He was born in Polagam, ThanjAvUr district in Tamil Nadu. His given name was Polagam RAmaiya. People who saw him often in the village of PApanAsaam, also in ThanjAvUr district, with vibhUthi on his fore head, gave him the nick name "panAsam sivan" and the name stuck. His mudra in his compositions is "rAmadAsan"

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

I never knew that Ramnad krishnan played a big part in sivan composing nanOru vilayaatu bommaiya. Lovely writeup by ashok ramani
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 685199.ece

pvs

Post by pvs »

Have Ariyakudi, Chembai or Maharajapuram Viswanatha Iyer sung any of Sivan's compositions in concerts? It is mentioned so in Shivanisai.org but I haven't heard them or heard of them.

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

Ariyakkudi used to sing 'Karthikeya' in Thodi...then there arose 'a difference of opinion' between Sivan and Ariyakkudi. So Ariyakkudi switched to
Koteeswara Iyer's Thodi 'Kalitheera'.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

News to me. Can this be further elaborated.?
Thanjavooran
17 11 2015

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

:-) Thanjavooran ?

" The news that Ariyakudi was going to sing at the Tamil Isai Sangam after all spread quietly. Hearing, it, the composer Papanasam Sivan turned up one day, riding a rickshaw, at the door of N.R. Bhuvarahan, who was helping Ramanuja Iyengar to prepare the list of Tamil songs he would sing at Annamalai Manram.The visitor requested that NRB help in persuading Ariyakudi to sing Sivan’s already popular Todi raga composition in Tamil, Kartikeya gangeya, at the Sangam concert. Ariyakudi had recorded the song and the disc had drawn public attention
to the fine kriti. NRB replied that the list of songs for the evening had already been prepared and forwarded to the Sangam officials for printing. But he said he was sympathetic and would convey Sivan’s wish to Ariyakudi. When, a day or two later, Bhuvarahan broached the subject to Ramanuja
Iyengar, the latter asked him: “What! Don’t you know that Sivan has filed a suit against me for recording the song without prior permission?” NRB had really, not known about it and he was both intrigued and embarrassed. Ariyakudi then said: “Alright tell him [Sivan] that I’ll sing the song at the Sangam if he withdraws the case and extends his apologies.” He added that likely some Mylapore lawyer had misguided Sivan to file the suit.
Bhuvarahan conveyed this proposition to Sivan and the composer quickly accepted it, admitting that he had indeed been persuaded to file suit against
Ariyakudi by a lawyer who had argued that the frontranking musician was making lots of money from the disc while he, Sivan, was left with nothing. With the matter amicably settled, it was agreed that Sivan would attend the Sangam concert. Ariyakudi asked Bhuvarahan to inform Rajah Sir Muthiah Chettiar about it and to arrange transport for Sivan also. When he heard that Arivakudi would be singing one of Sivan’s songs and that the composer wished to he present on the occasion. Chettiar immediately arranged to have a car pick up Sivan and also Bhuvarahan who was to accompany him."

P. ORR

[ From 'Sruti' magazine ]

During "that " intermediate period, Ariyakkudi , who wanted an equally strong Tamil Thodi , started singing "Kali Theera". Afterwards, he used to sing either one. All his disciples learnt both songs from him.

pvs

Post by pvs »

Thank you. Very interesting events. Is Ariyakkudi's Kartikeya recording in existence/circulation? Would love to listen to this new Thodi of his. Any anecdotes of the other two stalwarts?

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

https://soundcloud.com/archive-of-india ... -iyengar-2

If you search for 'Kali theera' also, I think you will find it somewhere.

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

pvs [ #132 ]
>>Have Ariyakudi, Chembai or Maharajapuram Viswanatha Iyer sung any of Sivan's compositions in concerts? It is mentioned so in Shivanisai.org but I haven't heard them or heard of them. >>

Interesting question. Thanks.

We have established that Ariyakkudi had sung.

Chembai.... Though I have not heard it, we can ( authoratatively , on the basis of a concert review in the 40's ) state that he had sung
(at least ) " sakala buvana nAyakA" ( Kedaram) of Sivan.

Maharajapuram .... I don't have any facts ...yet; Since everyone around him was singing a Sivan song in those days , I suspect that he would have sung one atleast. But we will continue to dig for proof. When and if I get it, will post here. I don't know about Musiri or Chithoor either.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

There is an album of Shivan songs by Santhanam here:
http://mio.to/album/Maharajapuram+Santh ... %282002%29

pvs

Post by pvs »

@Pasupathy
Thanks for Ariyakkudi's "Kartikeya...". Excellent, as always. Would love to hear Sivan recordings of the other stalwarts.

Interestingly, there's another Sivan Todi kriti , "Kadaikkan Nokki Kavadadhum Eno?" by Ariyakkudi in the list! Maybe he picked the Todi numbers.

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

I am told that he composed almost 2000 songs?

Of late I have taken to expanding my collections by composer. So I kindly request anyone to put up a list of available compositions of Shri. Papanasam Sivan

varsha

Post by varsha »

additions deletions corrections Welcome

Adithalum Unai Vittamidai - Nata
Adum Deivam - Khamboji
Ambamanam - pantuvarALi
AmbaNeeIrangaemil - aThANA
Anandabhairavi - Anandabhairavi
Andavane Unnai - shaNmukhapriya
Appan Avadharitha - kharaharapriya
Arul puri ainkarane - Saraswathi
Arumugha-Shuddha Saveri
Balakrishnan Padamalar - dhanyAsi
Boomiyil Maanida Jenmam-Ashok Kumar
Chandrasekara - sindhubhairavi
Chidambaram En Manam- kalyANi
Chittam Irangada - sahAnA
Dasharathamajam - pUrvi kalyANi
Dayevilleya Dayalo - kharaharpriya
Devi Niye - kIravANi
Devi Sri Meenalochani - Kalyani
En Manam - Simendra Madhyama
Endan Manam - harikAmbhOji
Enna Thavam - kApi
Ennai Kaatharulvathu - Hemavathi
Esaneindha - cakravAka
Gajavadana - SrIranjani
Ganapathiye Karunanidhiye - kharaharapriya
gaurImanOhara - gaurImanOhari
Idadhu Paadam - khamAs
Ihaparamenum (T) = Simhendramadhyamam
Ini Oru Kanam - Sriranjani
Jaya Vittala - Bilahari
Ka Vaa Vaa - varALi
Kadaikan Nokki - Thodi
Kadaikkan Paarvai- khamAs
Kadalil - maNirangu
Kadhir Kaama Kandan - kAmbhOji
kalaivAni aruL purivAL
Kamakshi Kanchipuranayaki - Saveri
Kamala Pada Malarinai - Harikhamboji
Kana KanKoti Vendum - kAmbhOji
Kanavendamo - SrIranjani
Kanda Vandarul - AbhEri
Kanindarul - kalyANi
Kanna Kattarul - madhyamAvati
Kannanai Pani Maname - shaNmukhapriya
kannE_en_kanmaniyE-kurinji
Kapali - mOhanaM
Karpagamanohara - malayamarutam
Karpagambike - bilahari
Karpagame - Madhyamavathi
Karthikeya Gangeya - tOdi
Karunai deivame - sindubhairavi
KarunaiSevai - hamsadhvani
Karunakarane - Keeravani
Karunanidhiye - bauLi
Kumaran tal paninde tudi - yadukulakAmbhOji
Ma Ramanan- hindOLam
Madhava Maya - hamsAnandi
Mahalakshmi - SankarAbharaNaM
Malarinai Thunaiyye - Reethigowla
Manamekanamum - bhImpalAs
Matha Innum Vada- SrIranjani
Mayilapuriyil - bhairavi
Mooladhara Murthi - hamsadhvani
Murughanai - jonpuri
Nadamaadi Thirintha - kAmbhOji
Nambi Kettavar Evarayya - hindOLam
Nan Oru Vilayattu - navarasakannaDa
Nanganallur Ezhundarul - anandabhairavi
Narayana Divya Nama - mOhanaM
Narayana Nalina - Sama
Nee Indha Mayam - dhanyAsi
Nee Irangayenil - aThANA
Neeye Paramugam - Hamsanadam
Nekkurugi - abhOgi
Nijam Unnai Nambinen - bilahari
Ninnarul Iyambalagumo - pantuvarALi
Padame Thunai - Valaji
Pamalai - harikAmbhOji
Paramukhamenayya - kharaharapriya
Parasakti - hamsadhvani
Paratpara - vAcaspati
Parvathi Nayakane - shaNmukhapriya
Pirava Varam - latAngi
Polla Pulliyum - Mayamalavagowla
Ramani Bhajithal - Mand
Ranganai - Chakravakam
Sada Sivakumara - shuddha sAvEri
Sadananda Thandavam - bahudAri
Sadashiva Bhajaname- tOdi
SamaGana Lolane - hindOLam
Sangeethatrimoorthi - kEdAragauLa
Saravana Bhava - shaNmukhapriya
Saravana Bhava Guhane - madhyamAvati
Saravanabhavaguhane - kannaDa
Senthil Andavan - kharaharapriya
Sharade - Devagandhari
Sharanam Ayyappa - mukhAri
shiva Bhajaname- tOdi
Shivaya namavenre - kuntaLvarALi
Shodhanai - Kapi
Sikkil mEviya dEvadEvanai - Kambhoji
Singaravelavan - anandabhairavi
Siva Peruman Krupai Vendum - Suruti
Sivaganga Nagara Nivasini - punnAgavarALi
Sivakama Sundaree - mukhAri
Sivanai Ninandavar - hindOLam
Sri Jagadambikaye - latAngi
Sri Ramajaya- suraTi
Sri Valli DevaSenapathae - naTabhairavi
Sri Vathapi - sahAnA
Srinivasa - hamsAnandi
Srinivasa Tava - kharaharapriya
Sundareswara - Manirangu
Swamiki - kEdAragauLa
Taye Ezhaippal - bhairavi
Taye Niye - Bhairavi
ThamasamaAmma - kuntaLvarALi
Thamasamen - tOdi
Thamasinchaka Tala - Asaveri
Thaniga Valar - tOdi
Thanjam Niye - Thodi
Thatwam Ariya - rItigauLa
Thillana - Behag
Thiruppram Kundra Vela - hindOLam
Thunai Purindarul - varamu
Ullam Irangi - Hamsadhwani
Ullam Iranguvathu - kAnaDa
Umayor Pagane - nATa
Undukuladeivam - Thodi
Unnai Nambinen - Bilahari
Unnaiallal - kalyANi
Vandarulvaai - dEvamanOhari
Vanor Vanangum - Ananda Bhairavi
Varalaxmi - Salagabhairavi
Velava Vinai Theera - kIrvANi
Venkataramana - latAngi

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

A Tamil article about Sivan in Cinema
சங்கீத சங்கதிகள் - 92
பாபநாசம் சிவன்
அறந்தை நாராயணன்
http://s-pasupathy.blogspot.com/2016/09/92.html

Pasupathy

Post by Pasupathy »

An article by Subbudu in Tamil about 1971 Music Academy Proceedings.
( when Sivan became 'Sangeetha Kalanidhi')
சங்கீத சங்கதிகள் - 93
சிவனார் மனங்குளிர
சுப்புடு
அக்டோபர் 1. பாபநாசம் சிவனின் நினைவு தினம்.
http://s-pasupathy.blogspot.com/2016/10/93.html

Aishwarya95

Post by Aishwarya95 »

Rigapada,

Could you please email the PDF to me? Thank you so much for your help!
My email ID is aishwaryaramesh5@gmail.com

jayasrichandran

Post by jayasrichandran »

Sir,
There is a papanasam sivan song titled illadadai virumbi in Mayamalava gowlai sung by Dr Jesudass in YouTube but the lyrics is not available.I humbly request our elite members to please share the lyrics.

Pratyaksham Bala

jayasrichandran wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 06:18 Sir,
There is a papanasam sivan song titled illadadai virumbi in Mayamalava gowlai sung by Dr Jesudass in YouTube but the lyrics is not available.I humbly request our elite members to please share the lyrics.
Lyrics given here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH-uEMizByM

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

RSR

Post by RSR »

148->
@shankarank
nice article selected. I wish that the part about the special event in commemoration had been copied and pated as excerpt.
merely giving the hindu link is not enough as I do not subscribe to the magazine and free reading is limited to a few articles per month for non-subscribers.
This may kindly be taken as positive comment.
----------------------
'idam tharakkoodaathu' in tamizh does not have any reference to gender at all.
it simply means do not allow .

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Well I did save a copy of this article for myself. But I did not want to get into violating copy right!
You can try with an alternate browser ( other than the one you normally use) and you may able to read this one article.