lyrics for Krutapuri kshetra-malayamarutham-Tyagaraja

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
bkishore

lyrics for Krutapuri kshetra-malayamarutham-Tyagaraja

Post by bkishore »

Pl post the lyrics for

Kritapuri kshetra girisha sabesha - malayamarutham-Tyagaraja

Could not trace the lyrics .

Lakshman

Re: lyrics for Krutapuri kshetra-malayamarutham-Tyagaraja

Post by Lakshman »

krtapuri kSEtra. rAgA: malayanAruta. Adi tALA. Tyagaraja.

P: krtapuri kSEtra girIsha sabEsha gItanAda susvara mipuDu telparAdA
A: shruti rAgAlaya sukSma tAra vibhAga sundarAnga sakala shObhita tEjOmaya
C: tAra tamyamulEka ekkuva dayatO taruNamidE rArA tAmasamu sEyaka
dhIra varANana divya kuNDaladhara dikku nIvani tyAgarAju sEvincina

aaaaabbbbb

Post by aaaaabbbbb »

Some changes::
shruti *rAgalaya* sukSma *tara* vibhAga sundarAnga sakala shObhita tEjOmaya
C: tAra tamyamulEka ekkuva dayatO taruNamidE rArA tAmasamu sEyaka
dhIra *varAnana* divya kuNDaladhara dikku nIvani tyAgarAju sEvincina

bkishore

Post by bkishore »

hope this is one of the rare kritis. Dr BMK has sung in his album. I haven't heard anyone singing this other than BMK

thanks for the lyrics

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Thanks Savitri for the corrections.

keerthi

Post by keerthi »

hope this is one of the rare kritis. Dr BMK has sung in his album. I haven't heard anyone singing this other than BMK
This is the rarest of the rare.. So rare that even tyAgaraja wouldn't have heard it. This is part of the fake set I have railed about endlessly. I hope nobody continues to sing such songs that are reminders of some anonymous person's dishonesty. I wonder that a knowledgeable musician, an expert vaggeyakAra no less than Sri Balamuralikrishna would sing and propagate monstrosities such as kAla-samhAra [saurAStra], this one in malayamArutam and rakSimpave [mAlavagauLa] all of which are plainly fakes, with less than average lyrics, full of mistakes.

This takes away a bit from his personal achievments and the glory of his TyAgaraja-ManabucAvaDi-Susarla-Parupalli lineage.

I shudder to even contribute to the textual correction, but can't help it. While BMK sings its as kRtapuri, it should be ghRta-puri. This song is on the deity of the saptasthanam shrine tiru-ney-dANam; wherein ney = =ghRta = ghee.

chitrapu1955

Post by chitrapu1955 »

Another small change:

A: *Sruti" rAgalaya *sUkshma* tara vibhAga sundarAnga sakala shObhita tEjOmaya

vineyan

Post by vineyan »

Ghrutapuri could be Thillaistanam which is next to Tiruvaiaru as it is called Tiruneistanam in Tamil which in Sanskrit is Ghrutapuri as Lord Nandhi and His consort were taken in procession after wedding and offered ghee there which is celebrated as Saptastanam festival covering seven Siva temples starting from Tiruvaiaru

kasiv86@gmail.com

Post by kasiv86@gmail.com »

Can I get word by word meaning for this song?

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

Keerthi,

"......I shudder to even contribute to the textual correction, but can't help it. While BMK sings its as kRtapuri, it should be ghRta-puri. This song is on the deity of the saptasthanam shrine tiru-ney-dANam; wherein ney = =ghRta = ghee......"

Please refer to the following post where I had commented on one such fake kRti.

There is one common feature in these two kRtis, that whoever is the person who wrote these, his mother tongue may be Telugu, but educated in Tamil - importantly, not knowing to read or write Telugu.

Notice the 'kRtapuri' for 'ghRtapuri' - in Tamil, k and gh are written as k க only. In the other kRti, there are two or more places where this feature can be observed -

சிவாபராதமு ஸேய ராது
(Siva)
சிந்திஞ்சு விநவே ஓ மனஸா
(cintincu)

Here the first line it is 'Siva' and second line 'cintincu'. But in Tamil both are written as சி only.

ஸப்தகோடி மந்த்ரமு ஸதிவிஞ்சிதேநேமி

Here the word 'sadivincitE' is a wrong Telugu usage, it should be written as 'cadivicitE in Tamil as 'ச' - சதிவிஞ்சிதே

Obviously, the fake is so glaring. But when person of the eminence of BMK endorses, then anything would get accepted as genuine tyAgarAja kRti. Sorry state of affairs!

viewtopic.php?p=363484#p363484