Translation of tanjam eNDrAlE - Papanasam Sivan please

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
narayara000

Translation of tanjam eNDrAlE - Papanasam Sivan please

Post by narayara000 »

Can someone please provide translation of pallavi and anupallavi

tanjam eNDrAlE (varNam) - AbhOgi - Adi - P.Sivan

P: tanjam eNDrAlE nenjam aruL surandE valiya
taNmukhil pOlE vandu anjElenru uvandaruLum ayyA
A: vanjam koNDOr pOla vanmam koNDE miga manam
varundum enmEl aruL siriduminDri maranda vindai ennenbEn ayyA
C: mA tavar paNi kapAli ALa manam uNDO ilaiyO sol uyar

rshankar

Re: Translation of tanjam eNDrAlE - Papanasam Sivan please

Post by rshankar »

The pallavi and anupallavi have to be taken together to understand the nindA stuti:

Oh Lord, who understands and showers his blessings (to grant fearlessness) by appearing like a huge cloud with grace gushing forth from your heart at the mere request for refuge, what do I call this amazing and malicious way you, like a fraudulent person, are ignoring me, a man ridden with worries and anxieties?

(I was not able to find this in a rather exhaustive text of all of Sri Sivan's compositions.)

pallavi
tanjam eNDrAlE nenjam aruL surandE valiya
taNmukhil pOlE vandu anjElenru uvandaruLum ayyA

Oh lord (ayyA) who understands (uvandu) and showers his blessings (aruLum) to grant fearlessness (anjEl enRu) by appearing (vandu) like (pOlE) a huge (valiya) and cool cloud (taNmugil) with grace (aruL) gushing out (surandE) of (your) heart (nenjam), at the mere request (enRAlE) for refuge (tanjam),

anupallavi
vanjam koNDOr pOla vanmam koNDE miga manam
varundum enmEl aruL siriduminDri maranda vindai ennenbEn ayyA

what (enna) can I call (enbEn) the amazingly (vindai) malicious (vanmam koNDE) way you have forgotten (maranda) me? You don't seem to have (inRi) even a small amount (siridum) of blessings (aruL) to shower upon me (enmEl), who is consumed by worries (miga manam varundum), like (pOla) deceitful people (vanjam koNDOr) do?

caraNam
mA tavar paNi kapAli ALa manam uNDO ilaiyO sol uyar

Oh kapAli, who is worshiped (paNi) by mighty ascetics (mAtavar), do tell (sol) if you are of a mind (manam uNDo) to admit me into your grace (ALa) or not (ilaiyO).

narayara000

Re: Translation of tanjam eNDrAlE - Papanasam Sivan please

Post by narayara000 »

Thank you