Please let the admin know if you face any errors.

Madurai T N Seshagopalan

Carnatic Musicians
shankarank

Re: Madurai T N Seshagopalan

Post by shankarank » 17 May 2015, 21:15

A vintage concert - already part of many peoples collections is out on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoMCRTxVjv4

K Nagarajan

Post by K Nagarajan » 27 Jul 2015, 21:14

Kindly refer post 26 in this thread.

Can we have the link for the concert (TNS-LGJ) in which the raga Sankarabharanam is featured as mentioned
in the posting mentioned above and also the link for the RTP in suruti.

[Sri.TNS has given a number of memorable concerts in the late 1970s and the early 1980s
in which he is accompanied by Sri.LGJ on the violin.

Fortunately for us a few of them are availble in the public domain.
Nagpur concert (TNS-LGJ-Palghat R Raghu-G Harishnkar) in which Karaharapriya (pakkalanilapadi)
is the main raga and the swara kalpana contains a number of mind boggling mathematical permutations
and combinations with TNS in full form; and it is superfluous to say that Sri.LGJ played it all with absolute ease.
Another concert (TNS-LGJ) in which he has sung all Papanasam Sivan compositions with Varali being the main raga].

K Nagarajan

K Nagarajan

Re:

Post by K Nagarajan » 29 Jul 2015, 21:59

SangithaRasika wrote:I havent heard a lot of TNS but my 2 personal favourites are, one uploaded by our own.... coolkarni - Shankarabharanam accompanied by Lalgudi and the second one is the RTP in Surrutti. This was a spontaneous one as he announces later that "his conscience didnt allow him to complete the concert without singing a pallavi in the concert"
Regards,SR
Please share this concert with us ( and if it is a commercial release, please give the details).

Thanks.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS » 25 Sep 2015, 15:04

RTP Audio request.

Can anyone kindly share "Padathikaga Pa layathirkaga La Vinyasathukaga Vi ..." Pallavi by TNS please? Many thanks.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS » 25 Sep 2015, 19:16

braindrain wrote:This is from the wonderful concert at the 'koothambalam' of Kerala Kalamandalam, part of their platinum jubilee celebration...

The concert started at 9:30 pm and it was 2: 45 am, by the time it was over. One fantastic concert to remember.
You can watch thef ull concert here. Awesome concert!

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS » 25 Sep 2015, 19:16

MaheshS wrote:
braindrain wrote:This is from the wonderful concert at the 'koothambalam' of Kerala Kalamandalam, part of their platinum jubilee celebration...

The concert started at 9:30 pm and it was 2: 45 am, by the time it was over. One fantastic concert to remember.
You can watch thef ull concert here. Awesome concert!

CRama

Post by CRama » 27 Sep 2015, 11:21

Thanks Mahesh and braindrain. That four houre+ concert was fabulous. But the files get opened in a disjointed manner (like present day TMK concerts). After the Dharmavathi kriti, the thani of Soundararajam is coming. Then comes the RTP alapanas- Bhairavi and Sindubhairavi- then comes Soundararajam. But the alapanas are awesome. It brought to mind two same RTP I heard those days- Once in Bombay and once in Chennai. In tahe slokam, for the phrase Navarasabharithaihi, TNS brings two rounds of Navarasas in 18 ragas. The raga rasas capsulated in just two words- King of manodharmam.

Thanks to the uploader.

There is one more concert TNS with HKVenkatram and Arjun Kumar in the YT. Wonderful concert. I attended that concert. It was in Malleswaram Venugopalaswamy temple in early 1990s. Five raga alapanas, RTP Kalyani. Main Adathu Asangathu with Neraval at Chinnamchiru padangal- Absolute bliss. Visit that.

varsha

Post by varsha » 30 Oct 2016, 09:23

braindrain

Post by braindrain » 30 Oct 2016, 10:43

varsha wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKAXRJ2MYRA
what a beauty !!!
This is the one. Thank you. I, probably, was sitting next to the person who recorded this ..

CRama

Post by CRama » 12 Nov 2016, 12:23

https://youtu.be/0vrjEbxy6RI

I chanced upon this wonderful concert of the Maestro. There are some gaps in the recording. But music is continuous. Splended RTP in Natakurinji. Enjoy.

shankarank

Post by shankarank » 02 Apr 2017, 10:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_7iU2rs270 - wow - bovine music for the cows? ;) :lol: . Still ARI stipulation of a vARNam is met! 8-) :lol:

ratanabhinav

Post by ratanabhinav » 19 May 2017, 23:12

Hi all

I have uploaded a video on youtube, Here is the link
Sri . TN Seshagopalan Ragam Tanam Pallavi Brindavana Saranga
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ngUZ1Uw_LQ&t=472s

Regards
Ratan Abhinav