Ramakrishnan Murthy

Carnatic Musicians
Gamakam

Post by Gamakam »

I was very impressed when I listened to him a few months back. I keep listening good things abt. his singing from several friends and Connoisseurs. I wrote a profile on him my blog: http://carnaticmusicreview.wordpress.co ... nanmurthy/

I hope he will do justice to his talent.

mishram

Post by mishram »

He is amazing. Reminds us so much of Sri. KVN...

These kids have to be encouraged because they live outside India and their dedication to carnatic music is simply amazing. I wish they get more opportunities to perform. We listened to his concert in LA. We did not go with very high expectations but came back with the satisfaction of having listened to a seasoned artist!

PUNARVASU

Post by PUNARVASU »

Yes, this youngster is good;listened to him in MA on 16th Dec. at 12 noon; I think he had some throat problem; sang very confidently. I have heard him a few years back in a house concert somewhere in LA.

ram

Post by ram »

Listened to him for the first time in his first concert of this year's season and have since then gone to almost every concert of his. Phenomenal talent. Very very impressive. Seems to sing with a maturity beyond his age. The fact that he has listened to a lot of music shows in his singing. He also seems to plan all his concerts very well - he finishes them on time with sub-main/ main and other songs sung in proper proportion. May God bless him and may he grow from strength to strength.

srikant1987

Post by srikant1987 »

The fact that he has listened to a lot of music shows in his singing.
That's what makes it amazing! Wouldn't that be difficult to do that as an NRI?

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

srikant: iPods are available where he lives.. in fact he lives in the land where iPods are designed :P j/k I know you mean live concerts...

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

awesome talent . Listened to him last in july ( unfortunately couldnt listen to him this season ) in an arangEtram of one of kalidas sir's student . I just loved the way he sang " sri subramanyAya namastE " that day .