K. Arun Prakash, Mridangist

Carnatic Musicians
Nick H

K. Arun Prakash, Mridangist

Post by Nick H »

I could find no thread for him here, but I think he should have one, so here it is!

There is an interview in today's The Hindu

Saw him only yesterday, accompanying Suguna Varadachari. Not only was his playing beautiful, but it was appropriately (even in the thani) gentle and delicate.

It might be easy to predict, given his lineage, that I would enjoy his playing. To any that think so, I can only say, "You're right!"

laks1972

Re: K. Arun Prakash, Mridangist

Post by laks1972 »

Aruk Prakash is the "Vellore Ramabadhran" of this generation, the only difference being that he has been seen getting into complex arithmetics when required, especially in Thanis.

Not many play mrudangam softly nowadays except a few such as Arun prakash. May his tribe increase and save the audience from noise induced headaches.

saarangam

Post by saarangam »

The gentle and soft playing of Arun prakash,with silence at appropriate moments, makes him unique among the presentday mrudangam artists.
Wish him all success in his career.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

I echo all the sentiments about Arun Prakash-- I hope he stands steadfast to is style as VR has done for over 6 decades amidst the onslaught of comparisons with his peers and younger mridangam artistes!!