Neyveli Radakrishna - double neck violins

Carnatic Musicians
venkatakailasam

Neyveli Radakrishna - double neck violins

Post by venkatakailasam »

About Radhakrishna( Courtesy: MySpace-Neyveli Radakrishna

Radhakrishna was initiated into our priceless treasure- music at the tender age of eight. Got interested in learning two allied streams, vocal and violin.
Long hours of practice, insatiable thirst to learn, Guru's blessings and God's grace above all made him scale great heights.
Radhakrishna's latest feat- “STEREOSCOPIC DOUBLE NECK VIOLIN” is UNIQUE-- the first of its kind in Asia and currently third in the world. Nay. There were only two double neck violins in the world. Re-invention, re-modelling and innovative upgradation makes the double neck violin Radhakrishna plays the first of its kind in the world!

Its orchestral range spans a spectrum encompassing a range of four instruments-violin, viola, cello and double bass. The vibrational information of a string is gathered from two different points and then fused to provide extra degree of clarity and power.

Perseverance and assiduous industry has perfected his art. His unique style has created a niche in the hearts of rasikas and music buffs.
Well-versed in playing classical carnatic music, fusion, jazz, and contemporary music as well, he straddles the musical streams with great elan. It was a defining moment in his life when he participated in "Bharat Rathna" Pandit Ravishankar's "Festival of India III" in USA and CANADA in World's most prestigious Halls, notably Carniege Hall, New york, Disney hall, Los Angeles ..He has learnt he musical nitty-gritty of Hindustani music from Pandit Ravishankar. He considers it a privilege to play along with Anoushka Shankar.

"Godfather of Worldmusic" Ravi Shankar has hailed the playing of S.Radhakrishna as "Poignant and Fantastic".
Recently played a track in the album ‘soukha' where John mclaughlin and Ustad Zakir Hussain and mandolin wizard U.Srinivas played. In 2007, Album of Mattias IA Eklundh"Land of Freaks"(tear gas jazz)has been relased

You can have more details at MySpace-Neyveli Radakrishna

Some of his renderings are available at You Tube .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSd5hK2zC24 and at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeVjohZfbNY

venkatakailasam

mankuthimma

Re: Neyveli Radakrishna - double neck violins

Post by mankuthimma »

I have seen and heard L Shankar play the double violin as early the 80s. Not sure if the "Double Neck" differentiates it any way from the one I heard .
At the Carnatica anniversary bash I did hear Radhakrishna play this instrument and it was certainly not reposeful Music.
Difficult , the instrument may be . But we have also known getting the time tested aspects right in Carnatic Classical Music shall always be most difficult.
It shall always be the case of the Mind , more important , than the instrument.
Having said this much , I must congratulate him on his enterprise.And wish him the best.
BTW , Why does one , not pick up a Sarangi , and initiate it into CM.
Has the age of path breaking enterprise in CM really come to an end ?
I wish I could throw stones at the Fusion Concert halls , like the desperate Kashmiri Youth.