Dr.M.Balamuralikrishna

Carnatic Musicians
venkatakailasam

Dr.M.Balamuralikrishna

Post by venkatakailasam »

"Unusual recording of Three- Dr.M.Balamuralikrishnas playing Viola, Mridangam and Kanjira respectively. The Piece is Shyama Shasthri's "Durusuga" in Raga Saveri. The audio and video is a bit out of synch, sadly :-( But this was how it was in the video I got. Sorry." )

Posted by Musique4ever at You Tube ( Musique4ever is none other than Prince Aswathi Rama Varma )

Part I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Grz1s9 ... re=related

Part II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLtREI1D ... re=related

To a quary

"I wonder how such a recording is possible.
I do not know if Balamurali sir played on all three instruments one after another and all are synchronised together into one video after editing....but that's extremely difficult..."
Prince, could you please clarify?

his reply was "Yes. He played on all three instruments one after another and all are synchronised together into one video after editing as you rightly said. And yes again. It is extremely difficult as you again observed correctly "

venkatakailasam

Nick H

Re: Dr.M.Balamuralikrishna

Post by Nick H »

We have a thread already: here

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

Nick H wrote:We have a thread already: here

Mod. I posted here only after searching. But I do not know how I missed the old link. Will you be able to transfer it to the already existing link ? Thanks

venkatakailasam

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Same thing happened to me last time I started a thread in this section :D :$

I'm sure the mods will oblige.

anandasangeetham

Post by anandasangeetham »

As a child I had listened to BMKs rendition of Nagumomu..in an LP 38 i think ....the whole disc was only that ...one side alapana and the other side the kriti and swaras....Unfortunately the disc (alsong with a collection of MSS UN concert and other gems) were lost...I tried to get a copy of this in cassettes and cds but to no avail..I got some but it was not of that quality...very bad rendition etc....Does anyone have this recording? or can suggest where to get this. I am sorry i am not able to more light on the accompanists or when it was recorded..all I can remember is that the disc was bought some time in mid seventies....

vintageaudio

Post by vintageaudio »

This is what you are looking for- EMI 7EPE 1611 (extended play record) Sri BMK with Sri Lalgudi Jayaraman and Tanjore Upendran
apprx duration 12 minutes. circa mid 1960s . Please check your e-mail box.