Madurai Mani Iyer Centenary Celebrations Chennai Oct 28,2012

Carnatic Musicians
venu sundar

Re: Madurai Mani Iyer Centenary Celebrations Chennai Oct 28,

Post by venu sundar »

Madurai Mani Iyer music is part of many MMI Maddys lives.It was amply proved again on the 26th May 2012 when his concert of Shanmukananda Hall Bomby@Mumbai waselayed LIVE and the fans of the great MAdurai Mani iyer were present well in advance of the schduled time of 5-30 PM.The credit goes to ALL the rasikas and more important to S/'s SL Narasimhan,VIjaykumar and Jayaramakrishnan for their very sincere and dedicated efforts Kudos to the trio for reviving the memories of great and soulful music.The highlight of the evening was the presence of legenday Lalgudi Sri Jayaraman Sir who accompanied MMI along with the late powerful Palghat Mani Iyer on
Mridangam and Sri Kothanda raman on Ghatam.
MADURA MANI concert started with the popular and evergreen NADA THANUMANUSAM and in the native language KUTCHERI
KALAI KATTIYADHU.MMI followed it with Sahasra Kala mandithe
Koluvai Unnade Muthuswami Iyer Krithi and Dharini Telusukunti was
in detail and the team of Lalgudi,PMI and KR Iyer excelled in all aspects of the soulful song.Of course the BEST was YET TO BE and
Sivans KANAKANKODI VENDUAM was taken up and this writer could SEE many of the rasikas were NOT only excited but also a few
became too emotional with JOYOUS tears inn their eyes.As it was very
aptly put on the ADs KETKA KODI KAATHU VENDUM.KAA VAA
and Kandan Karunai songs were on the list and Mathrubutham and the RAGAM THANAM PALLAVI In SHnmugapriya was another hit.Even
at 15 minutes past 9 PM the rasikas numbering 150 or so at that stage
refused to accept the concert was over Such was the magic of MMI team consisting of LALGUDI PMI AND KR IYER<We are all very much indebted to MADURAI MANI 100 organisers in particular to S/S SL NARASIMHAN JRK AND VIJAYAKUMAR FOR THE EVENT>
The MADDYS OF MMI left the venue with Madurai Mani on their lips

The wonderful concert began with Nadha Thanumanusam and the maddys were excited to the extreme and the concert started with a magical touch at once.The audience became very emotional including the writer who rarely missed any nMMI concert in his hay days.

grsastrigal

Post by grsastrigal »

Normally, I edit my post from my blog and reproduce here. But this, I reproduce as it is........

Ever energetic “Yessel” organised a programme on MMI live on Saturday, the 26th May 2012.

It was organised in Krishna gAna sabhA. Yessel must have got lot of confidence after seeing the crowd in RK Convention Centre.

To tell you about the RK Convention Centre Programme, last month there was another live recording of MMI that had been played and nearly 300 people attended in the centre which has the capacity of only 100. One could see people sitting in stairs listening to the concert. (as told by KGS secretary)

To my knowledge, I have never seen a recording being played in a sabha and attended by 300 people with an empty dais. I have seen the dais full and few rasikas but not this way. Even I saw few people in the last 2-3 rows. Great going...GKD (gAna kalA dhara)

This was for the first time that the podium is empty throughout 3 hours and 30 minutes with only a portrait of Shri MMI and people were clapping, besh, sabhAsh many times to acknowledge the best of music of Shri MMI. I was wondering if some unknown person visited that day, what he would have thought about us- Audio playing, podium empty......and rasikas sitting in rapt attention....!

This concert was the programme of 1957 at Mumbai –Shri MMI with Shri LGS and Shri PMI and Shri Umalyalpuram Kothandarama Iyer-Ghatam. Though I have the recording with me and I have heard it few times, KGS acoustics and MMI’s voice were superb and one should be there to experience that. Honestly, at home, I would never have heard this concert continuously for 3.30 hours. I wanted to make it at any cost as I missed RK Convention concert. PMI's mridangam as it must have been too close to mike was like a thunder.

Interestingly, I met a person who attended 1957 concert in Mumbai. He added that the concert was held at PoddAr College hAll and not in ShanmugAnandA hall as the hall was not constructed at that time. This was like- rasikas sitting on the floor and the artists sitting on the bench covered by carpet. Kudos to some “mahAnubhavA” who recorded the concert. He also added that it was july concert and on a Thursday, with heavy pouring outside. I realised later that the disturbances in between must have been because someone opening the nearby door.

Brihaspathe-atAna kriti-one of the navagraha kritis was not played (deleted) because it was Saturday. I strongly felt that kriti also should have been played. Any kriti on any day by MMI is a beauty..

Another news was that LGJ was 27 years old and a bachelor.

Shri LGJ’s presence moved many of the rasikAs, including me in tears. Each and every time when the violin played, whether it was Bairavi, vAchaspathi, kAmbodhi... I could not stop seeing this Great Man in sheer admiration.. “Oh God. What a magic he created during those years”. In KGS, when I saw his hands trembling and one of his colleagues lifted his hand, I was crestfallen and thought- “the hand which created magic and making me everyday even today (today morn, I was listening to GNB,LGJ, PMI) -and could not reconcile the reality of age factor. If we take the Ranjani ragamalika pallavi in that concert. The way he played ranjani varNam with Shri GNB (my morning) and the way he played for Shri MMI - what a difference. sheer job/ecstacy. MMI's occassional accolades..!!!!. wah.

While MMI was singing swaram in Bairavi, LGJ's assistant was wiping his tears with a cloth. I did not know whether it is the music or because of his health. But it was really touching scene I will never forget in my life.

Let me take Einstein’s comment on Gandhi, to suit to our Shri LGJ

“Generations to come, it may be, will scarce believe that such one as this ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth. We are happy to see him live sitting next to us in flesh and blood”

His son’s GJR krishnan’s smile, while LGJ playing violin, was to show the “Proud” movements of son-father relationship.

Coming back to Shri MMI, also met few people who attended 400-500 concerts. I could have got more stories if they are asked to speak. But the concert duration and the paucity of time as KGS needed to close the halll. Another wonder was at least 60-70 people were there till the last minute and no one walked out during Tani. !!!!!!.

One thing is certain- I need to precaution Yessel to be more careful in arranging the programmes like this.. If it is continued, certain things will happen..

1. He may have to hold the session in Chepauk statdium or Nehru stadium very soon

2. This will spread to all the other metros and we can meet Yessel only in the Airports.

3. Cleveland will have a session of his 1963 Programme.

4. Above all, December season, MMI will be a tough competition for other artists. The other sabhas may have to refuse to give timing for other artists because of overwhelming response to MMI concert.

5. MA- December season will read like this.

24.12.12- 7.30 PM

Madurai Mani Iyer- Vocal
TN Krishann- Violin
Palani Subramaniya Pillai-Mridangam
Umayalpuram Kothandarama Iyer- Ghatam
This was 1962 programme held in Calcutta
With an introduction speech by Trichy sankaran on his guru Palani and about the programme.
No season tickets will be allowed for this. Only Daily tickets. Price will be.....
Raskias will be requested to take the seats one hour before the programme as the seats will be served first cum first serve basis.
There was no 4.30 PM concert on this day.

Coming back to KGS, Rasikas request was pouring after RTP, He started with yerumayil in Mohanam followed by kandhan karunai, all murugan songs.

Thanks yessel... once again, for making my week end so nice and wonderful. With the scorching heat outside and humid condition, this was a sort of big relief.

kapali

Post by kapali »

Interesting and lively post written with feeling and nostalgia. This novel concert format being presented during and as part of the MMI centenarary celebrations and has become so successful should be an excellent opportunity now for all those who had not attended MMI'concerts and who would like to become a part of that experience. I am sure this will turn out to be a hit in other cities also as mentioned by Sri GR Sastrigal.

Balummi

Post by Balummi »

I have been listening to this Bombay concert and some hundreds of his other concerts for more than 25 years but still with the acoustics of Krishna Ghana Sabha with hundreds of rasikas it was really a great experience and MMI came " live " on the stage. Thanks to Essel & Co.

annamalai

Post by annamalai »

This is unbelievable - a near full house @ KGS for a recorded concert. Kudos to all organizers and the die-hard rasikas who came in numbers.
Dunno what can we infer from this ? In this age of abhangavanis, there are still die-hard fans for good music ?

In that concert, I love MMI renditions of Bruhaspathe, Seethavara Sangeetha and Sree Mathrubootham, ... When MMI sings Kandan Karunai (Beemplas) esp. during andamadium adimanganum ...., there is only ghatam accompaniment - and it so melodious ... shows the restraint of PMI.

cacm

Post by cacm »

[quote="annamalai"]This is unbelievable - a near full house @ KGS for a recorded concert. Kudos to all organizers and the die-hard rasikas who came in numbers.
Dunno what can we infer from this ? In this age of abhangavanis, there are still die-hard fans for good music ?

KNOWING the ORGANISERS (having worked with them) I am not surprised! ALL THE KUDOS TO THEM& THE RASIKAS.....A GOOD OMEN FOR THE OCT 28 MMI FUNCTION AT CHENNAI BHARATHIYA VIDYA BHAVAN (2: 30-9:30 P.M.). DETAILS SOON......YOUR WORDS " good music" took me back exactly 55 years when the immortal MALI was asked for suggestions by a visitor where he can listen to "good music"; Mali without a moment of hesitation or thinking said right away go and listen to Madurai Mani Iyer! He repeated it to several others also. Mali was a big fan of MMI!....VKV

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Really Very Happy to know Mali's suggestion to hear MMI's music........MMI's music is EVERGREEN............each song is a gem by itself......each song can be heard 1000 times still we would love to listen......that's the impact of one & only one MMI !!! I really don't know how many times i would have listened " vinanaa sahkuni " in Pratapa Varali. Listening still continues.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

GRSastrigal, thanks for your recollections of the concert.
I was deeply touched by your description of the great Lalgudi-sir's presence at this event. What history we celebrate in our music!

I cannot believe that a person can command such a following decades after his passing. Only MMI!

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Dear rasikas,
I was enthused (by this reportage duly conveyed by a good friend) to search and download this(?) concert recording from sangeethapriya.org. Unfortunately the recording quality of that concert is not too good. Also it is labelled as 1956 MMI-LGJ-PMI-AR. Is it the same concert? Where can I purchase a good quality recording please? Thanks....

cacm

Post by cacm »

mahavishnu wrote: I cannot believe that a person can command such a following decades after his passing. Only MMI!
Dear mahavishnu,
I have pondered this question for several decades and the answer comes from MMI himself! If you read the article by B.V.K.Sastry as well as his radio interview- both available on Disc1 of the free dvd set given away at cleveland-MMI has pointed out the CRUCIAL ROLE of Swara Suddham, Sruti Suddham, sarvalaghu& laya suddham, in addition to a good voice ALL OF them ATTAINABLE BY PRACTICE (which he has described) and APPLYING these to the compositions of the TRINITY(without which there is no Carnatic Music acc to MMI)......VKV

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

VKV sir, Yes I agree 100%.
And thank you for putting together the two-disc DVD set released during the Cleveland aradhana this year. The collection is well produced, compiled with a lot of love, devotion and passion and top it all off, it serves to educate people like myself who were born after MMI's passing.

Unfortunately, I will have to miss out on the centenary functions in Chennai due to work commitments.

I was also curious about which concert particular concert this was (MMI LGJ PMI Bombay '57). And if a good quality recording was available in the public domain. There are many people like me who are willing to pay top dollar for such a treasure.

cacm

Post by cacm »

Dear Mahavishnu & others interested in this particular concert:
I will be happy to search for this concert which EXISTS in my collection but I need some time as I am very busy with my trip to chennai before which I have visits within N.A. scheduled. If I am able to locate it easily I will write hear about it. Actually after I return in NOV my next main project is to concentrate on ALL concerts I HAVE of MMI recorded WELL & AVAILABLE. Of course it will be available FREE to any one interested.VKV

Balummi

Post by Balummi »

Dear VKV Sir,
I have now uploaded this Bombay Concert for the benefit of Rasikas . I think this will benefit those Rasikas who are not very concious of QUALITY . My feeling is that this recording is slightly better than the one that was played at KGS venue on 26 th. The link is http://www.mediafire.com/?b7ybakz86q8v9.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

MMI-LGJ-PMI-UmayKoth- BombayShanmughananda-1957
---------------------------------------------------------------

Song list of #38 post, I am sure Balummi has given the same

01- Nadha Dhanu.mp3
02 - O Jegadamba.mp3
03 - Shasrakara.mp3
04 - Brahaspathe.mp3

05 - Bairavi.mp3
06 - Koluvai.mp3
07 - Chethasri.mp3

08 - Dharini Telusu.mp3
09 - Dharini contd..mp3
10 - Thani.mp3

11 - Seethavara Sangeetha.mp3
12 - Khamboji.mp3
13 - Kaana Kann Koti.mp3
14 - Contd.,.mp3

15 - Ka Va Va.mp3
16 - Sri Mathrubootham.mp3
17 - RTP - Shanmugapriya.mp3
18 - RTP - Contd..mp3
19 -Contd..mp3
20 - Erumayil & Kandan.mp3

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Excellent recording of this concert was available in Sangeethapriya. I have recorded portions of it. Naada thanum;Chetasri & Sri Mathrubhutam i keep enjoying daily!

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Thanks, friends.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Dear Sri Balummi,
Many thanks for uploading the concert files at Mediafire. The files are of better audio quality than the ones I had.
Thank you for your kindness.
Sachi

cacm

Post by cacm »

UPDATE ABOUT MMI CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS AT CHENNAI ON SUNDAY OCT 28, 2012 AT BHARATHIYA VIDYA BHAVAN MYLAPORE: (2 P.M.-9 P.M.):
CURRENT TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EXPECTED HAPPENINGS: SUBJECT TO AGREEMENT FROM EVERY ONE LISTED HERE-THEIR CONFIRMATIONS ARE EXPECTED AFTER DISCUSSIONS WITH THEM-

START WITH PRAYER SONG BY SMT. Nithya & KUM. Vidya at 2 p.m. First session :
PRESENTATIONS ABOUT VARIOUS ASPECTS OF M.M.I.'S MUSIC. Starting with excerpts of a PARTICULAR M.M.I. CONCERT- 1964 MUSIC ACADEMY CONCERT WITH ACCOMPANISTS MYSORE T.CHOWDIAH- VELLORE RAMABHADRAN - ALANGUDI RAMACHANDRAN as a tribute to ALL the ARTSISTS, Dr. S.A.K.Durga, Dr. M.Narmadha, & K.S.KALIDAS WILL DISCUSS DETAILS ABOUT MMI AS MISICIAN & THE MAIN ARTIST, FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF WHAT AN ACCOMPANIST CAN LEARN FROM ACCOMPANYIONG MMI, THE DIFFICULTIES OF LAYA ARTISTS AS ACCOMPANISTS TO M.M.I.
THE SECOND SESSION WILL START WITH MANGALA ISAI BY NADASWARA VIDWANS S.KASIM & S.BABU FOLLOWED BY PRAYER SONG BY MRS. Aruna Ranganathan. THERE WILL BE A SERIES OF AWARD PRESENTATIONS & SPEECHES covering MMI & his MUSIC BY VARIOUS PERSONS . DR.V.K.Viswanathan & Cleveland V.V.Sundaram will be the moderators. Sri. Chitraveena Ravikiran will be the MAIN SPEAKER.
This will be followed by one and a half hour concerts covering MMI'S FAVOURITE songs by SMT. GAYATHRI GIRISH & PARTY AND SURYAPRAKASH& PARTY. These two artists TOTALLY dedicated their concerts to aspects of MMI'S MUSIC AT ITS BEST at the recent CLEVELAND FESTIVAL& THEIR CONCERTS WERE BOTH INSPIRING & A TOTAL SUCCESS.
MORE DETAILS IN DUE COURSE. PLEASE RESERVE THIS DATE AS IT IS GOING TO BE A GREAT CELEBRATION OF M.M.I. AND HIS ACHEIVEMENTS. VKV

cacm

Post by cacm »

AN URGENT REQUEST:
I am trying to collect a LIST OF SONGS RENDERED IN CONCERTS BY M.M.I. I personally know that he knew A LOT MORE THAN HE PRESENTED IN HIS CONCERTS but did not present all his repertoire for various reasons based on discussions with him as well as Late Vellore Ramabhadran. Though I have a long list of his concerts I DO NOT HAVE ALL OF THEM.
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY LIST FROM ANYONE. I AM PLANNING TO PUBLISH IT AS PART OF THE BROCHURE TO BE DISTRIBUTED ON THE CENTENARY CELEBRATONS AT BVB.
PLEASE send the list to me at : vkv@juno.com THANKS, VKV

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

VKV Sir
Very nice to hear that you are conducting the celebrations . Link of VishnuRamPrasad , mmi website is giving list of his songs to a certain extent
http://maduraimani.tripod.com/id31.html

cacm

Post by cacm »

Rajeshnat, Thanks. I request others to give their lists also. VKV

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

VKV sir, It will be nice to hear MMI's "koluvai" in Bhairavi ; "Vinanaa sakhuni" in Prathaapa varaali; "Nijamarma" in Umaabharanam, Sarasaangi Ragam and Swathi Thirunal's Jaya Jaya Padmanaabha song( This may be the only song of ST sung by MMI ?) in the celebrations.
Although it will be very difficult to play so many of his songs in the celebrations some special songs have to be played is my request. " manasu nilpa " in Abhogi is another such song - ( I vaguely remember-this is an AIR Concert- Balummi can confirm)

Balummi

Post by Balummi »

Dear Manjunath & VKV Sir ,
MMI had sung Manasu Nilpa ( Abhogi ) twice over AIR , once in the National Programme with Chowdiah and another in the normal AIR Chennai broadcast with Govindasamy Naicker .
Some of the other rare recordings are :
Karunai Seivai ( Hamsadwani ) with Lalgudi Sir
Sarojadala ( Sankarabaranam ) - twice in the AIR broadcast
Akshayalinga ( Sankarabaranam ) with TNK
All the Navagraha and Navavarna Kritis of Dikshitar excluding the compositions in Ganta , Ahiri & Sri
Nithya Rupa - Darbar
Vasudeva Eni - Kalyani
Seethavara - Devagandari
Ninnu Vina - Thodi
Ra la Seetha - Hindola Vasantham
and many more . This list is not complete.

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

palukava dEmi ra rama- Devamanohari- Mysore vasudevachar- this is in an AIR Album also a rare song.

manasu nilpa with Chowdiah has an excellent swara rendition. I have not heard with Govinda Swamy Naiker

cacm

Post by cacm »

Dear VSManjunath & BaluMMI,
EVERY SONG RENDERED BY MMI IN THE CELEBRATIONS ORGANISED BY THE GROUP FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS WAS CHOSEN FOR VERY SPECIFIC REASONS. The same logic applies to the Centenary Celebrations & I hope to explain why the choices were made during the Function.
THANKS & PLEASE CONTINUE WRITING THE LIST OF SONGS. VKV

annamalai

Post by annamalai »

hello, my 1 1/2 cents only.

With respect to Mani Iyer's music, I enjoy his unique approach to ragas, effortless kalpana swaras and most importantly sruthi suddham and his felicity in handling rare ragas - Umabharanam, Nalinakanthi, suddhabangala, gowda malhar, chitta ranjani, ...

IMHO, with respect krithi rendition, other vidwans have excelled - be it DIkshitar or Thyagaraja krithis - for e.g Askhaya Linga Vibho is superbly rendered by T. brinda or Ramnad Krishnan.

I think even Mani Iyer's uncle Pushpanavam's repertoire was only 19 krithis and his focus would have been more on raga exposition than singing new krithis.

kapali

Post by kapali »

Incidentally MMI's Manasunilpa- Aboghi with Chowdiah and PSP is an AIR sangeeth sammelan concert , since I remember it vividly having personally recorded from the radio. Anyhow it was a superb piece!

Balummi

Post by Balummi »

Dear Manjunath ,
Apart from Palukavemi in Deva Manohari an excellent recording of Palukavemi in Poorna Chandrika is also available .
Young MMI singing in gramophone records of 1930's and 40,s are also available now
some of those old records are given below:
Anuragamule - Saraswathi Thaye Yezhaipal - Bhairavi
Dhunmarga - Ranjani Marukelara - Jeyanthasri
RTP - Kalyani - Pallavi : Bhajare Ragu Veeram
( an extended play )
Maale Mani Vanna - Kuntalavarali ( Tamil Isai )
An elaborate Raga Alapana of Suruti for Angaraka and excellent rendering of Swarakorvai for suruti
with Rajamanickam Pillai on the Violin - a private recoring in 1962 ?in Miller's Road
Paramugam - Karaharapriya - AIR
I shall inform about the other rare recordings soon.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Balummi: I thought the Devamanohari krithi is called Palukavade Mira Ramannatho whereas the Poornachandrika piece is Palukave Meera Deivama. Please correct me if I am wrong.

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Jayanthasena Ragam, Vinathaa Sutha......MSG on the violin and Swarams !!!
Last edited by vs_manjunath on 09 Aug 2012, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

kapali

Post by kapali »

MMI's jayanthasena recording which I had was with Lalgudi's accompaniment with extensive alapana and also with excellent swarams.

Balummi

Post by Balummi »

DEAR MKR, Manjunath & Kapali ,
I am not very familiar with the lyrics and what you have suggested appear to be correct .
I do not have any recording of Vinathasudha with Lalgudi as accompanist . Two of the Jeyanthasena are with MSG : one AIR recording and the other Sangeetha Nataka Academy concert.
Two with Chowdiah : Divine Life Society concert at Venus Colony and the other Indian Fine Arts Society concert 1965.
withTNK Academy 1967.
with Papa Venkatramiah - Palghat Mani Iyer' s daughter's wedding

cacm

Post by cacm »

We are coming up with a list of songs for a brochure to be distributed in connection with MMI'S CENTENARY CELEBRATIONS IN CHENNAI ON OCT 28TH & IN PLACES LIKE TIRUCHI where we hope to celebrate the centenary. So I am appealing to ALL RASIKAS to fill up the songs I am missing IN the MMI SONG LIST that he rendered in concerts.
According to many musicians WHO SHOULD KNOW MMI'S REPERTOIRE-LIKE VEEENA DHANAMMAL'S- IT WAS CLOSE TO A THOUSAND. However like the DARK ENERGY& DARK MATTER problem in PHYSICS& COSMOLOGY only close to twenty percent I have been able to trace down in recordings available & accessible to me after close to a ten year attempt.

I APPEAL TO RASIKAS TO ADD TO THE ALPHABETICAL LIST I HOPE TO PRESENT IN VARIOUS SEGMENTS HERE. THANKS, VKV

ALPHABETICAL MMI SONGS LIST: EACH SONG IS LISTED UNDER THE ALPHABET BEGINNING THE SONG.

A: AADAMODI GALATHAE, AADUVOMAE PALLU PPADUVOMAE, ABBARAMA BHAKTHI, ADI NEEPAI, AHSHAYA LIGA VIBHO, ANDAVANAE, ANGAHARAM, ANUDINAMU, ANURAGHAMULAE, APARADAMULAE
B: BALAKANAKA MAYA, BHAVANUTHA, BHUVANESWARIYA,
BRIHASPATHAE, BROCHEVA, BROVA BARAMMA, BUDHAM ASRAYAMI
C: CHAKKANI RAJA, CHANDRAM BAJA, CHIDAMBARAM, CHETASRI BALAKRISHNAM
D: DARINI TELUSU GONDI, DIVAKARA THANUJAM, DUNMARGACHARA
Last edited by cacm on 16 Aug 2012, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.

cacm

Post by cacm »

CONTINUATION OF MMI SONGS LIST:
E: ELANEE DAYARATHU, ENDA VEDUKO, ENGLISH NOTE, ENI DAYANU, ENTHA BAGYAMU, ENTHUKU BEDDALA, ENTHA NERCHINA, ENUDAYAKUNADHA, EPPO VARUVARO, ERU MAYIL, ETHAVUNARA, ETHANAI VIDANGAL, EVARURA, EVARANI
F:
G: GANAMUDHA PANAM, GANAPATHIYAE, GIRIRAJA SUDHA (The FIRST Song he taught T.V.S.), GNANAMU SAGARADHA, GNAYIRUTHINGAL
H: HETCHARIGARADHA
I: INI ORU KANAM, INTHAKANNANANDA, INTHAPARAMUGHAM, INTHA SOWKYA
J: JALANTHARA, JANAKIRAMANA, JOOTHAMURARAE, JAYAJAYA PADMANABHA, JAYATHI JAYATHI BHARATHAMATHA
K: KAA VAA VAAA, KADDANA VARIKI, KAMALAMBAM, KAMALA AMBIKAE, KAMALAMBAM BAJARAE, KANAKKANKODI, KANDAN KARUNAI, KANDANE AVAR THIRUPADAM KANDARIYATHAN KANDANE, KOLUVAMARAGADA, KOLUVAIYUNNADAE, KAPALI, KARPAGAMAE, KARTHIKEYA KANGEYA, KARUNAI SEYVAI, KRISHNA NEE BEGANAE, KSHEERA SAGARA
L:
Last edited by cacm on 18 Aug 2012, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.

cacm

Post by cacm »

CONTINUATION OF MMI SONGS LIST:
M: MAA JANAKI, MAA KELARA, MAALAE MANIVANNA, MAAYAE, MADARPIRAIYAE, MAHA GANAPATHAE, MAHASURAM, MANAMVYALA KINCHARA,MANASA SANCHARAE, MANASA SRI RAMACHANDRU, MANASU NILPA, MARI VARAE, MEENAKSHI MEYMUDAM, MEENA LOCHANI, MEHA RANJINI RAGA- SONG NOT KNOWN THOUGH APPARENTLY IT RAINED HEAVILY AFTER HE SANG!-, MERU SAMANA, MOHANA RAMA
N: NADHA THANUM ANISAM, NADU PAI, NAGUMOMU, NANNU PALIMPA, NARADA GANA LOA, NEEDUMAHIMA, NENARANCHINANU, NIJAMARMAMULANU, NINNUKORI, NINNUNERA NAMMINARU, NINNU VINAA, NIJAMARMAMULANU, NIRAI MATHI MOZHI, NIRAVATHI SUGADA, NITHYA ROOPA
O: ORAJUPU, OH JAGADAMBA
P: PAA MALAIKKINAI YUND, PAGAIVANUKKUARULVAI, PALUKADEMIRA, PALUKAVMI, PANCHASAT PEERTHAROOPINI, PANNEN POOJAI, PANNAE UNAKKAGA, PARAMUGAM, PARATHPARA, PARITHANAMICHATHAE, PARUKKULLAE NALLA NADU
Q:
R:RAA RAA SEETHA, RARAA MAA INTIKI, RAMABHATHI, RAMANAIKKANNARA KANDANAE, RAMA NEEPAI, RAMA NEE SAMANAMEVARU, RAMA NINNAE, RAMANITU MAHIMA, RAMAM BHAJAE

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

cacm wrote:
ALPHABETICAL MMI SONGS LIST: EACH SONG IS LISTED UNDER THE ALPHABET BEGINNING THE SONG.

A: AADAMODI GALATHAE, AADUVOMAE PALLU PPADUVOMAE, ABBARAMA BHAKTHI, ADI NEEPAI, AHSHAYA LIGA VIBHO, ANDAVANAE, ANGAHARAM, ANUDINAMU, ANURAGHAMULAE, APARADAMULAE
B: BALAKANAKA MAYA, BHAVANUTHA, BHUVANESWARIYA,
BRIHASPATHAE, BROCHEVA, BROVA BARAMMA, BUDHAM ASRAYAMI
C: CHAKKANI RAJA, CHANDRAM BAJA, CHIDAMBARAM, CHETASRI BALAKRISHNAM
D: DARINI TELUSU GONDI, DIVAKARA THANUJAM, DUNMARGACHARA
VKV Sir, since this list is being printed some corrections may be required , I am sure in your tight schedule these small typo must have happenned:
1.ABBARAMA- APPA RAMA BHAKTHI
2.AKSHAYA LIGA- LINGA
3.ANGAHARAM- ANGARAKA MAASHRAYAAMI
4.DARINI TELUSU GONDI- .........KONTI

cacm

Post by cacm »

VS M,
THANKS. HAVE NOT YET CHECKED FOR TYPOS! VKV

cacm

Post by cacm »

CONTUNUATION OF M.M.I. SONGS LIST:
S: SABAPATHIKKU, SADANANDA THANDAVAM, SAHASRAKARAMANDITHAE, SAHIPRANA, SARASAMUGHI, SAMAJAVARAGAMANA, SARASHAKSHA, SARASASAMADHANA, SAROJADALANETRI, SEETHAMMA MAYAMMA, SEETHAPATHI, SEETHAVARA, SEVKKAVENDUM AYYA, SIDDHIVINAYAKAM,SOBILLU SPTHASWARA, SUKHI EVARO, SMARANYAKAM, SIVASIVA YENARADHA, SOGACHUDATHARAMA, SOGA SOGA MRIDANGA THALAMU, SURYA MURTHAE, SUBRAMANYEANA RAKSHITHORAM, SRIGANAPATHI, SRI KAMALAMBIKAE, SRI KAMALAMBIKAYAAM, SRI KAMALAMBA, SRI MATHRUBOOTHAM,SRI RAGHUKULA, SRI RANGAPURA VIHARA, SRI SARASWATHI, SRI SATYANARAYANA, SRI SUBRAMANYAYA NAMASTHAE, SRI SUKRA BHAVANTHAM, SRI VARALAKSHMI
T: THANI THANI, THATHVAMARIYA, THATHVAMERUGA, THAYAE YASHODHA, THAYAE YEZHAIPPAL, THELISIRAMA, THILLANAS-SANKARABHARANAM, SENCHURUTTI-, THIRUVADI CHARANAM, THIRIPUGAZH- HAMSANANDI, MOHANAM, SANKARABHARANAM-, THYAGARAJAYA NAMASTHAE
U:
V: VAAGESWARI, VAIDEHI SAHITHAM,VALLABHA NAYAGASYA, VALLI NAYAGA, VALLA NAGAYANAE, VASUDEVAYANI, VATHAPI, VAZHIA SENTHAMIZH, VELLAI THANARAI, VELUM VILLUM, VENKATACHALAPATHE, VEYORU THIZHI BHANGAN, VIDAJALETHURA, VINATASUDHA VAHANA, VINASAKONI, VIRIBHONI, VIJAYAMBIKAE,
X:
Y: YANE PALLI KODEER AYYA, YARO IVAR YARO, YOCHANA KAMALA
Z:

cacm

Post by cacm »

M.M.I. SONGS LIST: RAGAM, THANAM PALLAVIS
1) BEGADA 2) BHARAVI 3) KAMBODHI 4) KALYANI 5) KANADA 6) KARAHARAPRIYA 7) KIRAVANI 8) LATHANGI 9) MOHANAM 10) SANKARABHARANAM 11) SHANMUGAPRIYA 12) SIMMENDRA MADHIMAM 13) THODI

PLEASE HELP OUT WITH THE LISTS GIVEN IN POSTS: 58-63. THANKS, VKV

kapali

Post by kapali »

You may include "Evarani" -----Nagachintamani.
I presume Chidambaram you have typed is in Kalyani.

cacm

Post by cacm »

Dear Kapali, Thanks. I have added it. VKV

Balummi

Post by Balummi »

Dear VKV Sir ,
Some of the songs that I find missing in the list are:
M: Marukelara - Jeyanthasri - Gramaphone Record , Ma Ramanan - Hindolam - Tamil Isai
P : Pakkala Nilapadi - Karaharapriya
T : Thookia Thiruvadi - Sankarabaranam and
O : Orukal siva - Arabi - Tamil Isai

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Kantiki Sundara
Parimala Rangapate

cacm

Post by cacm »

Balummi wrote:Dear VKV Sir ,
Some of the songs that I find missing in the list are:
M: Marukelara - Jeyanthasri - Gramaphone Record , Ma Ramanan - Hindolam - Tamil Isai
P : Pakkala Nilapadi - Karaharapriya
T : Thookia Thiruvadi - Sankarabaranam and
O : Orukal siva - Arabi - Tamil Isai
THANKS! VKV

kapali

Post by kapali »

Sri VKV ---You may include "Evarunnaru"-----Malavasri

cacm

Post by cacm »

THANKS. I WILL.VKV

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

cacm wrote:CONTINUATION OF MMI SONGS LIST:
E: ELANEE DAYARATHU, ENDA VEDUKO, ENGLISH NOTE, ENI DAYANU, ENTHA BAGYAMU, ENTHUKU BEDDALA, ENTHA NERCHINA, ENUDAYAKUNADHA, EPPO VARUVARO, ERU MAYIL, ETHAVUNARA, ETHANAI VIDANGAL, EVARURA, EVARANI
F:
G: GANAMUDHA PANAM, GANAPATHIYAE, GIRIRAJA SUDHA (The FIRST Song he taught T.V.S.), GNANAMU SAGARADHA, GNAYIRUTHINGAL
H: HETCHARIGARADHA
I: INI ORU KANAM, INTHAKANNANANDA, INTHAPARAMUGHAM, INTHA SOWKYA
J: JALANTHARA, JANAKIRAMANA, JOOTHAMURARAE, JAYAJAYA PADMANABHA, JAYATHI JAYATHI BHARATHAMATHA
K: KAA VAA VAAA, KADDANA VARIKI, KAMALAMBAM, KAMALA AMBIKAE, KAMALAMBAM BAJARAE, KANAKKANKODI, KANDAN KARUNAI, KANDANE AVAR THIRUPADAM KANDARIYATHAN KANDANE, KOLUVAMARAGADA, KOLUVAIYUNNADAE, KAPALI, KARPAGAMAE, KARTHIKEYA KANGEYA, KARUNAI SEYVAI, KRISHNA NEE BEGANAE, KSHEERA SAGARA
L:
Ela ni dayaraadu
Entha veduko
Enduku peddala
Giriraja Sutha
Hechiraka ga ra ra
Jalandhara
Kaddanu vaariki
Karthikeya Gangeya
( Just for helping.....i have typed with some corrections)

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

cacm wrote:CONTUNUATION OF M.M.I. SONGS LIST:
S: SABAPATHIKKU, SADANANDA THANDAVAM, SAHASRAKARAMANDITHAE, SAHIPRANA, SARASAMUGHI, SAMAJAVARAGAMANA, SARASHAKSHA, SARASASAMADHANA, SAROJADALANETRI, SEETHAMMA MAYAMMA, SEETHAPATHI, SEETHAVARA, SEVKKAVENDUM AYYA, SIDDHIVINAYAKAM,SOBILLU SPTHASWARA, SUKHI EVARO, SMARANYAKAM, SIVASIVA YENARADHA, SOGACHUDATHARAMA, SOGA SOGA MRIDANGA THALAMU, SURYA MURTHAE, SUBRAMANYEANA RAKSHITHORAM, SRIGANAPATHI, SRI KAMALAMBIKAE, SRI KAMALAMBIKAYAAM, SRI KAMALAMBA, SRI MATHRUBOOTHAM,SRI RAGHUKULA, SRI RANGAPURA VIHARA, SRI SARASWATHI, SRI SATYANARAYANA, SRI SUBRAMANYAYA NAMASTHAE, SRI SUKRA BHAVANTHAM, SRI VARALAKSHMI
T: THANI THANI, THATHVAMARIYA, THATHVAMERUGA, THAYAE YASHODHA, THAYAE YEZHAIPPAL, THELISIRAMA, THILLANAS-SANKARABHARANAM, SENCHURUTTI-, THIRUVADI CHARANAM, THIRIPUGAZH- HAMSANANDI, MOHANAM, SANKARABHARANAM-, THYAGARAJAYA NAMASTHAE
U:
V: VAAGESWARI, VAIDEHI SAHITHAM,VALLABHA NAYAGASYA, VALLI NAYAGA, VALLA NAGAYANAE, VASUDEVAYANI, VATHAPI, VAZHIA SENTHAMIZH, VELLAI THANARAI, VELUM VILLUM, VENKATACHALAPATHE, VEYORU THIZHI BHANGAN, VIDAJALETHURA, VINATASUDHA VAHANA, VINASAKONI, VIRIBHONI, VIJAYAMBIKAE,
X:
Y: YANE PALLI KODEER AYYA, YARO IVAR YARO, YOCHANA KAMALA
Z:
Sakhi Prana
Sarasa Mukhi
Saara Saaksha
Smaraamyaham
Sogasu chuda tharama
Sogasuga Mridanga Thaalamu
Subramanyena Rakshitoham
Vallaba Naayakasya
Vellai Thaamare
Vinataa Sutha
Vinanaa sakhuni

cacm

Post by cacm »

THANKS! VKV

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Sri VKV,

In the following list, I have tried to correct the typos; have also added the ragas, talas and lyricists.

A:
ADa mODi galadE - cArukEshi - Adi - tyAga brahmam
ADuvOmE paLLu pADuvOmE - dEsh - Adi - subramania bhArati
appa rAma bhakti - pantuvarAli - rUpakam - tyAga brahmam
adi neepai - yamunAkalyANi - dEshAdi - dharmapuri subbarAyar
akSaya linga vibhO - shankarAbharaNam - misra cApu - muttuswAmi dIkSitar
AnDavanE - SanmukhapriyA - rUpakam - pApanAsham shivan
angArakam AshrayAmyaham - suraTi - rUpakam - muttuswAmi dIkSitar
anudinamu - bEgaDa - rUpakam - rAamanatapuram shrInivAsa iyengAr
anurAgamulE - saraswati - rUpakam - tyAga brahmam
aparAdamula - latAngi - Adi - tyAga brahmam

B: