Wikipedia articles

Carnatic Musicians
srikant1987

Wikipedia articles

Post by srikant1987 »

There are some very famous vidwans and vidushis on whom there are no Wikipedia articles to be found.

Some of the senior rasikas, who know more about the artists may attempt to write about them.

I was looking for an article on Sri T K Govinda Rao and Sri T V Vasan.

There are no articles on Vidwans K S Narayanaswamy and Trivandrum R Venkataraman either.

tyagarajadasa

Re: Wikipedia articles

Post by tyagarajadasa »

Dear Shrikanth,

Thanks for pointing this about. Il work on KSN over the next week. He is my grand-mom's as well as my other Guru Smt. Kalyani SHarma's Guru. The latter has spent a lot of time with KSN (almost 15 years, when he was in Mumbai). I am sure she will have a lot to say about him!

--Gokul--

srikant1987

Post by srikant1987 »

Oh, that's very good!

Now I want to listen to you even more. :D Do tell if you come to Bangalore. :)

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Srikant 1987/Thyagarajadasa:
Kalyani Sharma has PAINSTAKINGLY brought out a book of KSN Sir a couple of years back. If interested I will get details from her--she happens to be my Cousin but PLEASE DO NOT HOLD IT AGAINST HER!!!

tyagarajadasa

Post by tyagarajadasa »

@ Shri Ramasubramanian:

Honored to know you!

I have that book! And I am indeed fortunate to have learnt some kritis in Shri KSN's pAThAntaram from Mami - each one is a gem! The book has some info about Shri KSN; but I thought that taking some more personal insights will help us all a lot. In fact I have been wanting to interview mami about Shri KSN and also Brindamma, one of her other Gurus, for a long time.

I have class today and will get this done!

@Shrikanth:

It will definitely be great to meet up with you and have a session! Eager to listen to you play the violin too! Pl do let me know if you will be in Mumbai, before I come to Bangalore ! :grin:

--Gokul--