The Dhanammal Legacy - with Family Photos

Carnatic Musicians
annamalai

Re: The Dhanammal Legacy - with Family Photos

Post by annamalai »

knandago2001 wrote: This clip (1984 ?) is a poignant reminder of the struggles and their courage of conviction…. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=KFR396y35xk
The clip is vintage stuff in recording. So many great vidwans in attendance - Semamngudi, T. Brinda, MSS, Madurai Somu, Prof. SR, Santhanam, DKJ, Tiruparkadal Veeraraghavan, V. Thyagarajan, T. Rukmani, TVG, UK Sivaraman, Guruvayur Dorai, Sikkil Sisters, N. Ramani ... RK Venkatarama Sastri doing Abhishekam for St. Thyagaraja. If DKJ's concert was the National Program of Music (live broadcast from Tiruvaiyaru in the night), I attended the aradhana in person, but could not get into the pandal in the morning for the Aradhana.
Wish there was a recording when Ariyakudi and Maharajapuram Viswanatha Iyer were leading the Aradhana ...

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

A moment of nostalgia for me as I recognized my own Guru, Vaigal Gnanaskandan, as I remember him from 30 years ago. I recognized him from his jet black hair and his hand movement as he marked the taalam :). He is in a brown shawl a little to the left and behind Kunnakudi. Watched the dugukoogala part where his face appears clearly.

Thank you.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

While researching some stuff for something that originated from this thread, I stumbled across Smt. Mukta's grand daughter Uma Vasudevan's web site. In the Lineage tab, she talks about the family. There are a couple of photographs there, including a vintage black and white one: http://www.umavasudevan.com/umavasudeva ... neage.html

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

A question for the likes of RaviSri, MKR, or Nandagopal: in the web page posted by VK in the previous post, there is a statement that the sisters were constantly learning new compositions from different people....now, isn't this at variance from their lack of support for people who learnt from a whole bunch of different gurus?

knandago2001

Post by knandago2001 »

As long as students did not violate the idiom of the Dhanammal school – the values, aesthetics, technicalities, and aspects of presentation – and they had developed a taste for discrimination, I doubt that they were discouraged from learning under other gurus. In the professionally competitive world of performance, it is imperative that an artiste enriches his / her repertoire. Learning specific compositions from authentic sources (the composers or their shishya parampara) was one way to achieve this. Exposure to gurus who were not members of the Dhanammal school was actually favored – Brindamma and Muktamma trained under Kanchipuram Nayana Pillai and Veena Krishnamachar; Smt. Vegavauhini Vijayaraghavan learnt music from Ramnad Krishnan; T. Viswanathan from Swaminatha Pillai; Balamma trained under Kandappa Pillai and Mylapore Gowri Amma! (Her mother Jayammal did not perform dance in public; Veena Dhanammal had learnt dance from Tanjore Kamakshiammal, used to sing at sister Rupavatiammal’s performaces and was a connoisseur of abhinaya)

knandago2001

Post by knandago2001 »

“Will padam singing become extinct in these days of changing audience tastes?”
http://www.hindu.com/ms/2006/01/04/stor ... 040100.htm

yalane vanipai – Viswanath Parasuram & Sriram Parasuram
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPzxnxiN ... re=related

ini enna pechu? Smt. Subhashini Parthasarathy
http://www.raaga.com/greetings/track-se ... ?tid=78069

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

knandago2001 wrote:As long as students did not violate the idiom of the Dhanammal school – the values, aesthetics, technicalities, and aspects of presentation – and they had developed a taste for discrimination, I doubt that they were discouraged from learning under other gurus.
That makes perfect sense..I do wish that this point is emphasized when people recount stories of how they did not like people to learn from a whole bunch of gurus. :)

knandago2001

Post by knandago2001 »

Daughter of Dr. T. Sitapati Iyer and Smt. Kanakammal, Smt. Savithri Rajan was a much acclaimed musician and musicologist trained by Veena Dhanammal. Watch “The Flying Bird” online – a story of her life directed by Vishnu Mathur; Starring Savithri Rajan (1989) http://www.1channel.ch/watch-248956-The-Flying-Bird

Smt. Savithri Rajan’s tribute to Veena Dhanammal http://www.worldcat.org/title/classical ... /056720731 If someone has a recording to share, that would be awesome – many thanks in advance.

She nurtured “Sampradaya” – Bhama Rajagopalan
http://www.hindu.com/2001/04/23/stories/09230702.htm
This article includes some nice photographs http://www.columbuscarnaticmusic.org/pd ... radaya.pdf

knandago2001

Post by knandago2001 »

No, it is not entertainment. It is not a `nice,' `likeable' style. It demands that you meet it halfway. Then it transforms you – Aniruddha Knight
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/dance/article10660.ece

Smt. Kalanidhi Narayanan learnt music from Kamakshiammal (Brindamma’s mother) and dance from Mylapore Gowri amma, Chinnayya Naidu, and Kanappa Pillai. In this lec-dem, she performs abhinaya for “maaname bhushanamu” – Smt. Geetha Raja, Brindamma’s disciple, provides vocal support http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bbDXNqK ... re=related

A padam / javali exclusive from Smt. R. Vedavalli
http://www.dhingana.com/padams-and-java ... lbum/16803

Albums by T. Viswanathan
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/ ... 10,00.html
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/tviswanathanflute

Enna_Solven

Post by Enna_Solven »

Nadopasakas - 07 - T Brinda and T Muktha - Ososi - Mukhari - Padam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-k8ZTEAG0c

maduraimini

Post by maduraimini »

knandago2001,
Thanks for the padams. I liked the Kamboji one by Viswanath and Sriram Parasuram. I love padams sung by Brinda and Muktha and am glad to know artists still sing them. Would like to hear more Kshetragna padams if someone can post them. Thanks in advance.

clmweb

Post by clmweb »

A very fascinating thread, that I only stumbled upon thanks to a long stopover at the airport... My grandfather owned the house in Gandhinagar next to their residence, consequently my mother was well acquainted with them, especially T. Brinda's daughter Vegavahini Vijayaraghavan. While not being much of a Carnatic listener, my mother would always tune in when the sisters or Ms. Vijayaraghavan performed on the radio or TV.
-Karthik

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

clmweb, 'My grandfather owned the house in Gandhinagar next to their residence'

May I know, just out of curiousity, are you Director L.V.Prasad's grandson or S.S.Vasan/S.S.Balan's grandson?

clmweb

Post by clmweb »

I was probably still in kindergarten when I last visited the house, so I will have to check on the exact location (next/next-but-one) or who subsequently purchased it in 1980(?). My grandfather was Barrister S.Krishnamurthy.

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

It must be the next but one. To the left of the Gandhinagar house of Muktha is film director L.V.Prasad's house and to the right is movie moghul S.S.Vasan's son S.S.Balan's house. Just opposite Muktha's house was T.N.Rajaratnam's bungalow.

cienu

Post by cienu »

Satyajit Ray's monumental documentary on the legendary Bala Amma is now fully available on Youtube. A truly immortal classic which must be watched fully...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2cC2Y0mJvw

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

cienu avl,
Excellent! Thanx for the wonderful link.
Thanjavooran 20 05 2012

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

thanks, Cienu. What a treasure!
I have always been wondering if that documentary would ever be made available to the public.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Cienu: Thanks for the link. For all the "buzz" heard belatedly in the Music Circles of Chenai including the Music Academy about the Dhanammal-Balasaraswathi's legacy to Dance and Music, it required a Satyajit Ray to recognize the greatness of Bala--Ravi Shankar has paid several tributes--from the heart to Bala's dance. Yet both in Dhanammal's last days as wellas Bala's the Music Fraternity was apathetic.

Cienu You may not remember-- check with your Mom-- Kalki Gardens was a regular haunt for Bala during her lean days-- there is a recording of Bala Singing --I think --Subramania Bhujangam-- in Viruttam done in one of these sessions--all done quietly without any fanfare by Mama and Mami(TS/MSS)--one of many pristine recordings at the Kalki gardens--most of it untraceable after the hasty wind-up of the Gardens in 1977(before the US tour). I wonder if Cienu has been able to resurrect some of them. I am sure Radha's elephantine memory should help!!!
Oh for memories,memories of the gardens--Cienu I have long thought about an idea of a series"Life at the Kalki gardens" try coaxing your Mom to share them with you--perhaps I can help in adding my reminiscences to it. That will reveal what a hospitable place the Kalki Gardens were for Music dance and art --More later.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

MKR- thank you for your reminiscences.
The Subrahmanya Bhujangam (sadha bala rupapi) sung by Bala, beginning in Hamsadhwani is an all-time classic and it is with a number of collectors now. I had no idea that it was recorded @ the Kalki gardens.

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

MKR, the Subramanya Bhujangam tape was available even 20 years ago, but the quality is very poor. If someone has a good quality recording of this wonderful work of Adi Sankara sung hauntingly by Bala, please upload it.

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

As for apathy of the music fraternity towards Dhanammal family, ordinary rasikas never understood their art since it required a lot of effort. But peers like MS, Ariyakkudi, Chembai, Semmangudi and many others were almost slaves to their music and Bala's dance.

I don't remember whether I have written about this in this thread: MS wanted to listen to Mukthamma and sometime in 2002, after Mukthamma returned from Cleveland, she went to Kotturpuram to her dear friend's house and sang for some 2 hours. Sowmya accompanied her. MS also requested Viswa to give a concert at her house and this happened in January 1999.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

RaviSri wrote:I don't remember whether I have written about this in this thread: MS wanted to listen to Mukthamma and sometime in 2002, after Mukthamma returned from Cleveland, she went to Kotturpuram to her dear friend's house and sang for some 2 hours. Sowmya accompanied her.
MS also requested Viswa to give a concert at her house and this happened in January 1999.
RaviSri - can you please give us a list of the items presented in these two concerts? Would love to see how one musician performs for another!

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

Mukthamma at MS's house: I don't know all the pieces that she rendered because I was not present. But I heard she sang vINA pustakadhAriNi (vEgavAhini of Dikshitar), shankarAchAryam (shankarAbharaNam of Subbarama Dikshitar), amba nIlAmbari (nIlAmbari of Ponniah), pArvati ninnu (kalgaDA of Shyama Sastri), rAma rAma (bhairavi padam, payyadA (nAdanAmakriya padam), sakhi prANa (senchuruTTi).

Viswa at MS's house:

1) srI saraswati hitE (mAnji; Dikshitar)
2) vINA pustakadhAriNi (vEgavAhini; Dikshitar)
3) palukuTachE (phalamanjari; PAtnam)
4) ethanai dAn viddhai (Ananda bhairavi; Anayya)
5) vidhi illArkku (karaharapriya; Anayya)
6) challanA (Kshetrayya's shankarAbharaNam padam)- This was a special request from MS.
7) mAdE avara sheyda (Ghanam Krishnayyar's bhairavi padam on Ramabhadra Moopanar) - At Karuppiah Moopanar's request.
8 ) jANarOyi (khamAs jAvaLi) -The Sikkil Sister's request.
9) maharAjuka ramannavE ( bEhAg jAvaLi)

He played AlApanas in phalamanjari, karaharapriya and shankarAbharaNam. Most of the songs, Viswa Sir sang with brief interludes on the flute. Supporting him were disciples B.Balasubramanian and Usha Shivakumar. Disciple T.R.Murthy provided accompaniment on the flute. On the violin was V.Thagarajan and on the ghanjira was V.Nagarajan. There was no mridangam accompaniment.

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

I don't know how the smiley came in place of 8. I don't use such things.

The atmosphere at such concerts (as at MS's house or Brinda's house) was rather informal with a lot of banter, conversation between the vidvan and the audience etc. Mostly only invitees were allowed. Everyone knows that all and sundry couldn't enter MS's house (that was not her doing anyway). None was invited for Muktamma's singing at MS's house in 2002. Only Mukthamma, Sowmya, Mukthamma's daughter and members of the MS family were present. Since MS and Mukthamma were related, and since she liked their music, Mukthamma would be invited to sing whenever MS wanted to listen to her. I was invited to Viswa's concert at MS's house only because I was a disciple of Mukthamma.

The atmosphere at Brindamma's house would be more informal with cousins, Sankaran, Mukthamma and Viswa (from the stage) indulging in friendly banter. Viswa would often forget the sAhitya in a song. Mukthamma would correct him, sometimes saying, "You are 12 years younger to me and you are forgetting. It takes a toNDu kizhavi to remind you." When Brindamma was alive there would be more fun. Of course Viswa would play (sing) seriously. They never let you go away without having dinner after the concert. At Brindamma's house you could gatecrash with people thinking you might be a disciple or simply an ardent rasika. Whoever came, Brindamma would personally welcome him/her by getting up from her seat on the verandah. She insisted on people being present before the concert began, not barge in afterwards. And woe betide anyone who tried to sneak away after the concert without having dinner. And what delicious dinners she would host! Well, those times now belong to dreams!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

RaviSri - thank you for both the list of songs, and a glimpse of the ambience at these concerts!
RaviSri wrote:I don't know how the smiley came in place of 8. I don't use such things.
It is not of your conscious doing! The numeral 8 followed by a ')' without a space are the keystrokes needed to create a smiley face! I have started to use numerals by themselves, or with a period after, to avoid this.

(mod note: Fixed by inserted a space between '8' and ')'. )
RaviSri wrote: Well, those times now belong to dreams!
Which is why you have to put them down in print, for the likes of us to experience vicariously. :) (and that was intended)...

vasanthakokilam

As per the requests, The Viswa posts have been moved to the Viswa thread: http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 14#p222414

varsha

Post by varsha »

What a Picture !!! The Gods must have descended to Earth that day , to watch this spectacle

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

This photo was taken in 1987 January on the sadas day of the Music Academy conference which was the 60th, diamond jubilee conference held for almost 18 days in December 1986. All Sangeeta Kalanidhis were present on that occasion, the others not in the picture being seated to KVN's right. On another day in December that year we had Balamurali (1978), K.S.Narayanaswami (1979), T.N.Krishnan (1980, TMT (1981), Doreswamy Iyengar (1984) and S.Ramanathan (1985) besides Semmangudi (1947), MS (1968), DKP (1970), T.Brinda (1976) and MLV (1977), the years in brackets being the years they got their SKs respectively. Starting from Semmangudi and ending with S.Ramanathan they all sat in a semi circle from left to right and were seated according to the year they were honoured. It was nice watching that spectacle. It was a function to honour all the SKs and to celebrate the golden jubilee of the Music Academy. There must be a picture of that with the Academy. It would be good if the Academy bureaucrats stopped snoring, lifted themselves out of their slumber and posted such rare pictures on their website, rather than slides of their mutual back slapping and furious dining in their AGM meets.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Ravi Sri: Your wish about the MA bureaucrats emerging from their slumbers--Fat Chance!!! they would put Rip Van Winkle to shame by topping his record!!!

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

Well MKR, at least they get up once a year to conduct what they call their annual conference, which for the last more than 20 years has been nothing more than a series of concerts from morning till night. There is nothing academic about the Academy now and I feel it is high time they changed their title from annual con-ference to annual con-certs.

archa

Post by archa »

The Music Academy has been doing excellent work in the last more than 80 years. It is unfair to criticise them. Much of our knowledge stems from the great musical work that the MA did all these years. Even seniors in this forum must have derived a great part of their knowledge from attending MA concerts and lecdems. We should not ridicule a guru type of institution. Some people may be miffed at their favourite musicians not getting SK title. But there must be solid reasons for that. On that account ridiculing a great institution is uncalled for.

ramanathan

Post by ramanathan »

RaviSri wrote:Mukthamma at MS's house: I don't know all the pieces that she rendered because I was not present. But I heard she sang vINA pustakadhAriNi (vEgavAhini of Dikshitar), shankarAchAryam (shankarAbharaNam of Subbarama Dikshitar), amba nIlAmbari (nIlAmbari of Ponniah), pArvati ninnu (kalgaDA of Shyama Sastri), rAma rAma (bhairavi padam, payyadA (nAdanAmakriya padam), sakhi prANa (senchuruTTi)
I had the good fortune of attending this private performance at MS Amma's house! And the song list is accurate to the best of my memory :)

ramanathan

Post by ramanathan »

RaviSri wrote:...None was invited for Muktamma's singing at MS's house in 2002. Only Mukthamma, Sowmya, Mukthamma's daughter and members of the MS family were present...
True! I must thank Smt. Sowmya and her father for letting me tag along to this one, primarily as a driver. We picked up Mukthamma from her house in Gandhinagar and drove to Kotturpuram. One of my priceless memories... I wish I had the presence of mind that day to carry a camera! :(

MV

Post by MV »

I generally read the Kutcheri Review only getting to other topics when I have time. But thanks to a snide reference by a forumite in the Review section about this thread (even that served its purpose :))), I have spent a very entertaining afternoon reading this fantastic thread. Thank you all for your reminisces. There was even mention of my Guru Bombay S Ramachandran and brought to memory some sarcastic gems he's littered my years of learning with him. :))

RaviSri

Post by RaviSri »

The photos in this thread are only partly visible. Why? Can anything be done about it?

balakk

Post by balakk »

Shivadasan

Post by Shivadasan »

Balakk,

Where did you get this rare photograph?

Has any one any idea who the musicians in this photograph are ?
One possibility is that the the person with the violin can be Thirukkodikkaval Krishna Iyer.
The face of the person above him is familiar and I remember to have seen his photo in some music books.

The lady should of course be Dhanammal

Shivadasan

balakk

Post by balakk »

Shivadasan Sir,

picture 1:

picture 2:

From this book on Balasaraswati
http://books.google.co.in/books?id=Q3Es ... mal&f=true

vasanthakokilam

BTW, just as FYI, post #3 of this thread has a higher fidelity version of the group photo to above: http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 84#p206384

Rsachi, you asked about why the photos are only partially visible. There is something with the forum software about displaying photos of bigger sizes. Until that is taken care of, do this. Right click, select Copy Image Location and then paste it to a new tab.

Shivadasan

Post by Shivadasan »

Sri balakk,

Thank you very much for the information.
Shivadasan

cienu

Post by cienu »

An interview with Anirudh Knight - Grandson of Balamma, by Gowri Ramnarayan which appeared in "The Hindu" Aug 28th 2009.
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/dance/it-i ... e10660.ece

arasi

Post by arasi »

Cienu,
Thank you for the interview which gives a glimpse into the mind of an artiste who was born into an age old tradition and took it upon himself to keep it going.

In Aniruddh's own words: No, it's not entertainment.It's not a 'nice', 'likeable' style but an art which demands that you meet it half way. Then, it transforms you.

Aditto

Post by Aditto »

RaviSri wrote:Senior vidvans/vidhushis stopped attending the Tiruvaiyyaru Aradhana from the mid-1980s itself. They would attend the Aradhana at the Thyagaraja Vidvat Samajam in Mylapore, Madras. Balamuralikrishna was the President of the Samajam for a few years, upto 1990. He would personally call up vidvans and request them to participate. Very few could refuse. And he conducted the Aradhana in an exemplary way. In January 1989 the Aradhana was attended by Semmangudi, MS, Brinda, Muktha, PSN, KVN, Vellore Ramabhadran, UKS, Guruvayur Dorai etc. After the exquisite Pancharatna rendition by all, which was far removed from the cacophony we witness at Tiruvaiyyaru, Balamurali requested MS to sing. She sang a couple of songs. I think it was Vijaya Rajendran who accompanied her. Balamurali then requested Brinda to sing. Now, none ever dared to ask Brinda to sing, but the way in which Balamurali requested and the hallowed atmosphere persuaded her to sing. And she and Muktha started on ‘kArubAru’. After the first line, Muktha signalled to MS to sing along. MS looked at Sadasivan who nodded and she sang with them. Balamurali provided viola accompaniment, UKS, Vellore and Dorai played the mridangam. Oh, the rendition was…..I cannot describe it. Sublime is the only word. MS sang exactly like B-M with no deviation in any sangati and the three voices blended beautifully. That is why cienu, I was asking you about kArubAru,.

B-M then went on to sing sItAvara sangIta jnAnamu which MS indicated to Muktha that she did not know.

After the programme was over they all came down the platform. We were standing near B-M. Semmangudi asked one of us, “Tell me where is this Sampradaya?” I replied that it was on Oliver Road. “Oliver Road-nu cholladEy, musiri subramaniam salai-nnu chollu. nAn dan MGR-kiTTa anda pEra vekka chonnEn” at which Brinda retorted, “Oh, Iyerwal, what a great service! Have you heard about a poor old lady called Veena Dhanammal. There is no road or street named after her. Probably she did not deserve the recommendations of periya manuShAL like you”. Semmangudi could do nothing other than grin sheepishly.
http://sanjaysub.blogspot.in/2014/07/ty ... for-0.html

This is how the environment might have looked !! Though the picture might not relate the above narration !!

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Shri Aditto
Thanx for sharing. Is it TT Vasu in the Aradhana facing us?
Thanjavooran
12 07 2014

cienu

Post by cienu »

Yes it is TT Vasu.
To MSS's left is Smt. Sundaram (Sundha Mami , student of Brindamma.)

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

BUMP. Aplogies if this has been posted before.

Tribute to Brinda from SRJ

That Shankarabaranam and me thinking of their Akshayalinga Vibho. Aha.

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

From another post - after dredging and mining sangeethapriya and Youtube, the following are the list of padams and javali recordings I found of Brinda & Mukta :

1) rAma rAma prAna sakhi - bhairavi
2) paripOvalara - bilahari
3) mEragadu rAmmannave (A: moratOpu) - sahAnA
4) parulanna mATa - kApi
5) mOsamAye gadavE - Ahiri
6) kuvalayAkshirO yeppaDi - gauLipantu
7) ayyayyO marapAyana (A : neyyamuna) - ghAnTa
8) vaDharaka pOvE (A: Adiyoka) - kAmbhOji
9) sAmi rAra - ragamalika
10) kasiki poyEne (A: osOsi) - mukhAri
11) AdinOmu phalamu (A : yAla padareme) - bEgaDa
12) E matalAdina (A: tAmarasAksha) - yadukula kAmbhOji
13) Emi mAyamu - kAmbhOji
14) ittanai tulambaramAi - dhanyAsi
15) marubAri tALanEnurA - khamAs
16) meragAdu lEchi - aThANA
17) nArImaNI kainadirA - khamAs
18) nee mAtale - pUrvikalyAni
19) paTTakurA - Anandabhairavi
20) payyadA - nAdanAmakriyA
21) sakhi prAna - chechuruTTi
22) smarasundarAnguni - paras
23) vagalADi bodana laku - behAg
24) vElavarE umai tEDi - bhairavi
25) yAr pOi solluvAr - thODi
26) yArukahilum bhayama - bEgaDa
27) ninnu jUDa - punnAgavarALi
28) pusalaramu - thODi
29) telisenu rA - sAvErI
30) ennATi - thODi
31) mariyAda teliyakanE - suruTTi
32) entaTi kuluke - kalyANi
33) tiruvOTTriyur thyAgarAjan - aThANA
34) idaiviDa innum - sAvErI
35) etthaikanDu - kalyANi
36) Ela rADAyanE - bhairavi
37) valapudAcha - varALi
38) vaddaNTEnE - pantuvarALi
39) gaddari vagalama - kalyANi
40) samayamidE rArA - behAg
41) inta mOham EmirA (A : sunta sEpu dAni) - shankarAbharanam
42) iNTiki rAniccEnA (A : goNTukADu muvvagOpAla) - suruTTi
43) muTTa vaddurA - sAvErI
44) vAnipondu chAlu vaddanE - kAnaDA

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

If any rasikas have any other recordings of padams and javalis either by Brinda-Mukta or others in their style, please do share the details here.