Rajkumar Barathi

Carnatic Musicians
CHELLAM

Post by CHELLAM »

Does Anyone Know Anything About Rajkumar Bharathi?

I Am Not Hearing Much About Him These Days

Is He Singing In "december Season" Concerts??

Can Someone Give Me His Concert Schedule?

Thanks

greatkrishna

Post by greatkrishna »

Chellam,

RB was singing right up until about 2000. He has developed quite a serious throat problem and sadly could not keep performing. It is especially sad since RB's voice had such depth and weight. He is a fine vocalist.

worldkar

Post by worldkar »

hello there..i am rkb sir's student.....yes he doesnt perform now a days...due to the above stated reason...
we are building a website for him www.rajkumarbharathi.com
this will be up shortly....if you have any of his recordings or photos of concerts kindly mail them to worldkar@gmail.com

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Worldkar....We still recollect the wonderful concert of RB in Auckland, New Zeand. We pray for his speedy recovery and his re-appearance on the stage not very far into the future. Please do convey our best regards to him..

The EC members of NZCMS.

greatkrishna

Post by greatkrishna »

Hi worldkar,

I am a huge fan Of RB, is his voice problem curable??....we all hope to see his amazing voice in full form again soon....

worldkar

Post by worldkar »

i also hope he comes back to stage soon.........

prasad_vasan

Post by prasad_vasan »

Rajkumar Bharti a great soul and a vibrant artist...we miss him a lot so do the other listeners, I pray God that his voice is restored to spread the divinity of music

raorsharath

Post by raorsharath »

Hello, my name is sharath and i am adeciple of Sri Rajkumar Bharathi. Any members having his live concert recorded plz send it to me we are in need of his collections....

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Sharath...I will try and get the copy of Auckland concert....Will be back in few days.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

It will be a feast to us if some songs are posted in our forum or you tube, if permissible gobilalitha

raorsharath

Post by raorsharath »

Dear swaminathan i will be grateful to u if u could provide me with that concert...i can also provide a few excellent concerts i hav...saj jose concert and Pittsburgh...1992-93

Muthu

Post by Muthu »

Dear all
I am happy that all of you have started remembering RB. It is true that his voice was a golden voice and of late he abstained from singing due to some vocal cord problem. But, another significant development from his side is composing and orchestration. What a creative mind power he possesses. One classic example is that he has composed and orchestrated one CD called ' kANANAVAN KUZHALOSAI' sung by Mrs. Geetha Sudaresan, an accomplished vocalist stationed abroad. The lyrics were superb and coined by one Mr.Devusai. It is a tamil semi - classsical songs written gramatically. One can here again and again the CD. I came to know the CD was released overseas and still to come to India. One can realise the great creative potentiality of RB and it is same as when he sings. Let us all come together and revive him if he faces any problems. Can some one find out and bring to the forum so that we can bring him back. Also, we should all remember that he is breed from Mahakavi. So, he will have that inimitable and impeccable creative power. I too await to hear from the forum about RB. If possible I will ask my friend to upload sample Mp3 of the Kananavan Kughalosai. Best wishes and regards for bringing this topic in rasikas

raorsharath

Post by raorsharath »

Dear muttu we are also trying to make a web site of sir but unfortunately we do not have enough collections and we are waiting for the same. Sir never used to record any of the concerts for himself and always used to allow others to record but we have none who can voluntarily come and give some concerts.
one or two would definitely not help but one 0or two many times would make a large collection. Hoping that some one turn's up.....

tharunthilak

Post by tharunthilak »

Muthu - Are you saying that RB won't be able to sing anymore ? I thought he would be cured after the treatment. How is he now ?

Vidya Bharathi

Re: Rajkumar Bharathi

Post by Vidya Bharathi »

Dear all,

I'm Vidya, Mr. Rajkumar Bharathi's daughter. It's very very heartening to see you all support my father with such love. I too hope he gets back to the performing scene soon! He does music composing work for dance ballets now, and teaches advanced music classes, and I'm also his disciple. I'm very happy to see you all remembering Appa even long after he stopped performing. Thank you so much everybody :)

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Vidya Bharathi - so sweet and nice of you. We wish your appa all the best

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Vidya - First off - Welcome to the forum! Please do contribute ot the discussions when you can. My all time favorite of your dad's is his rendition of pAncAli sabadam - simple awesome. It will be great if he starts to perform again.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

vidya bharathi
Welcome to the forum , your dad can also join the forum and participate. IT would be nice if you could give few interesting anecdotes of mahakavi bharathi , those musical and literary anecdotes which are known only in close family circles.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Welcome, Vidya Bharthi!
Eagerly waiting for some family stories on your ancestor and the beloved poet of all times.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Hearty welcome to the Forum.

Sharatchandra

Post by Sharatchandra »

It is a strange co-incidence that almost after a few years I unearthed a cassette of Sri Rajkumar Bharathi today to listen to his Palinchu Kamakshi. Then my wife asked me as to why he stopped performing, and then I became curious and started browsing for more information and came upon this.

We pray to the almighty for his speedy recovery because he is truly a gem amongst artists and people. I remember listening to him close up at my Grandfather's memorial concert in Vijaya College of music, Bangalore, a few years ago, and never used to miss his concerts during the Ramanavami season in Bangalore.

I unfortunately do not have any of his live recordings but if such a repository is created, it will indeed be a treasure trove for all of us missing Sri RKB's music over the past few years.

Thanks,
Sharat.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Till few days back , my impression of this singer was very limited . About a decade back I have seen few doordarshan program where he had sung few light devotional songs ,I was not sure of how he has performed as a carnatic musician in concerts.

Then the best thing happened.Coolkarni called me a week back and gave these two links .Intense classicism with a very deep male voice(Shades of prof TRS is there). This concert(first part) was held somewhere in hubli.

vandisuhade-nAttai,deva deva - mAyamAlavagowlai, parvAthinAyakane-shanmughapriyA , dorakunA ituvanti (main and tani) - bilahari ,pArukullE nalla nAdu - desh,nOdidare + tamburi meetidava -sindubhairavi in the link http://chennairasika.wordpress.com/2010 ... ian-image/

and the concluding part in the link has a rare MD krithi saraswathi - hindOlam ,T krithi sadA madini - gambhIra vANi and a long kalyAni with tani, bhaathiyAr's parukullE - dEsh,thillAnA
http://chennairasika.wordpress.com/2010 ... ding-part/

ragam-talam

Post by ragam-talam »

Rajesh, thanks for the pointers. I am listening to the Sh.priya as I write this...
Amazing voice and truly meditative music.
What a loss to our music world that Shri Rajkumar doesn't sing any more. I pray that his voice is restored soon...

Sundara Rajan

Rajkumar Barathi

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Whatever happened to this artist ? I did not see him perform anywhere in Chennai the last Music season 2011-2012. There is no mention of his performance anywhere in this forum. He was said to be more popular in Bangalore circles. He did come here to the US many years ago.

rajeshnat

Re: Rajkumar Barathi

Post by rajeshnat »

Mods:
Merge this thread to
http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic. ... t=rajkumar

(Mod: Done)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Nice article for a musician who has rediscovered himself in a different form. Learnt a lot about his earlier days after reading this June 03rd 2016- Friday Review ,The Hindu writeup.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 681954.ece

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

IIRC, he's a graduate of the College of Engg in Guindy. His daughter, Vidya is a member here although I have not seen her posts in a while.
I also believe that his son composes music too!

Pratyaksham Bala

Vidya Bharathi
Post #15

Pratyaksham Bala

Niranjan Bharathi, son of Rajkumar Bharathi --
http://behindwoods.com/new-videos/tamil ... rview.html

varsha

Post by varsha »

https://archive.org/details/SrIGaNaNAth ... iTyAgarAja

kriti under tyagaraja label that runs like a dikshitar song and ends like a koteeswara iyer song :)
looking for more info on authenticity of the song

pscompanies

Post by pscompanies »

There is a LecDem by him tomorrow (Oct 22 2016) at Cornell University, NY.

http://carnaticamerica.com/event/lecture-demonstration/

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Vidwan Rajkumar Bharathi early recordings gives a touch of TRS . Then his pure musical vidwan trajectory took to compositions and operas after voice problems.

Mar25 2017 writeup of his
http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/m ... 608176.ece

Some one wrote many years back in the forum that there is a website for rajkumar bharathi that was getting ready , is that complete?

melam72

Post by melam72 »

As far as I am concerned, Rajkumar Bharathi should be occupying the place the Car Driver does today. His confidence, his padantharam, the fact that he can cater to both the Bovine and the humans without stooping to either level, not to mention his voice and grounding under his guru TV Gopalakrishnan (not of Sangeethapriya fame!)

But yet, Fate had other plans for him and us...

melam72

Post by melam72 »

It is the best solutions

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

But is it on Youtube?

Welcome back, Soniajain, I've been missing you!

varsha

Post by varsha »

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

The song is by K.Ramaraj.

varsha

Post by varsha »

thanks Lji

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

varsha: Re: shri ganeshatparam, it is listed in Ranga Ramanuja Iyengar's book as Tyagaraja's composition.

nagthilaka

Post by nagthilaka »

Can someone list all the compositions ( kritis, varnams, thillanas ) of Sri Rajkumar Bharati???
I will be very grateful.
Thanks

nagthilaka

Post by nagthilaka »

What is the raga of Rajkumar Bharati's thillana "Kannan enadagathe kaal vaitha nal mudalai "

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

This is a *brilliant* concert of his from 1999.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTZzpxv6JJ0

Sri.Rajkumar Bharathi-Vocal
Sri.M.A.Sundareswaran-Violin
Sri.V.Praveen-Mridangam
Sri.B.R.Ravikumar-Ghatam

Sree Ramaseva Mandali-29-April-1999

01-Varnam-Vasantha.
02-Siddhivinayakam-Mohanakalyani.
03-Thulasidhala-Mayamalavagowlai.
04-Iga_madelo-Khambodhi.
05-Bantureethi-Hamsanadham.
06-Pakkalanilabadi-Karaharapriya.