Smt.Kamala Kailasanathan

Carnatic Musicians
T.V.GOPALAKRISHNAN

Smt.Kamala Kailasanathan

Post by T.V.GOPALAKRISHNAN »

Would like to know some details about the above artist. I searched google and found that she had performed a concert at Music Academy, Chennai as under:
Sunday 23rd December 1962 3.30 to 5 p.m.
Srimati Kamala Kailasanathan (Vocal)
Sri Alandur Natarajan (Violin)
Srimati Kanakambujam (Mridangam)

Today I have recorded her concert, broadcast by AIR, Alapuzha, Trivandrum for about 45 minutes.

Regards,

TVG.
Sangeethapriya

RaviSri

Re: Smt.Kamala Kailasanathan

Post by RaviSri »

Kamala Kailasanathan was a grand daughter of silver tongue Rt Hon Srinivasa Sastri. She lived for some time in Trivandrum. I think she was an AIR artiste also. She is the mother-in-law of cine playback singer Malgudi Shuba. She is no more, died a few years back.

CRama

Re: Smt.Kamala Kailasanathan

Post by CRama »

KK was a reputed singer in Kerala and she used to give plenty of cutcheries those days- 60s-80s I have heard her many concerts. IIRC she was a student of TVM Music Academy and a batch mate of Parassala Ponnammal Mami. She was the staff of AIR, Trivandrum and she was settled in TVM. Her husband was a very senior Police Officer. She had a flamboyant style. Her music was rich in imagination and she had a very pleasant voice like MLV. There will be lot of Balamurali and MLV flourishes in her music. She used to sing lot of compositions of Balamurali when others shunned away. Her music lessons over TVM AIR was also eagerly awaited by students and house wives. Her reportire consisted of many rare compositions, rare ragas etc. She is no more. Her grand daughter is the actress Priya Mani.