Sangeetha Swaminathan

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Sangeetha Swaminathan

Post by rajeshnat »

Sangeetha Swaminathan is a performing vidushi. She is a student of Karur Krishnamurthy and also Sudha Ragunathan . Her strength is her pliable voice and there is always sharp brighas. Her school and training has MLV'ism approach which is understandable . For me her approach in presenting music that reminds of Tanjore S kalyanaraman that personall makes her stand out . Most of the concerts she always presents some rare number and the rare number is sufficiently elaborated - so rare krithi presentation is not just a laundry list tick mark . I am told last week by her mother that she has presented as a very small kid - concerts in the areas of adambakkam and nanganallur . Her marriage has taken her to US and presently she comes to Chennai only during kutcheri season.

rajeshnat

Re: Sangeetha Swaminathan

Post by rajeshnat »

WHile seated for Abhishek Raghuram in nanganallur last week - Jan 2017, there was a old lady who sat next me(young still as per the prevailing nanganallur standards ) . We picked bit of conversation and I was asking her as to what OST and Sanjay sang in the last few days prior to abhishek concert. At that time few rows in front of me in the side I pointed out Karur krishanmurthy and told the lady that his daughter whose name is sangeetha swaminathan sings very well and you should also listen to her . I also realized looking at close contours that the lady next to me vaguely resembles sangeetha swaminathan . After few minutes the lady said she is the mother of Sangeetha swaminathan which i did not know at all .

O gosh my non internet campaign bombed - In this world the only person who does not need to be told about a vidwan and vidushi is their mother . I managed to wastefully resell to a rasika who needs no selling for vidushi sangeetha swaminathan.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Rajesh - you did something priceless - remember ' mecci unnai UrAr pugazhndAl mEni silirkkudaDi'? You probably gave her one such moment!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

sangeetha swaminathan dec 2016 music academy review that came on feb 03rd,2017
http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/m ... 136450.ece

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

If someone can decipher the message in the last paragraph of this review, I am sure many of us (the artist included) would be grateful! :)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Sangeetha Swaminathan review dated Jan 19th,2018. I personally like chandrakowns a lot , wish i was there.
http://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/m ... 464196.ece

CRama

Post by CRama »

Chandrakouns was a request by Nageswaran Sir and he attended the concert. After many decades, this year I attended one of her concerts and she sang quite well.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Excels in multi & rare raga RTPs. Like Keeravani/Kantamani or Ragavardini or Rathipathipriya. Her concerts at the Academy & for Charsur over the last few December seasons have featured such spectacular RTPs.

Also sings select compositions of vaggeyakaras like TSK, Madurai G.S.Mani, Dr.BMK etc.