Kalakkad Ramanarayana Iyer

Carnatic Musicians
gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

I am not sure wherther we have already posted any article about KR Iyer. If not it can be started.Expecting posts about him. Many years back, his song 'Raman azhaikkiran , Poi Varugiren , Sanchalam Viduveere" in a film (forgot the name ) was a hot favourite of mine. CAN ANYBODY POST IT? WHAT IS THE RAAGA OF THE SONG? I am sure either cm lover or Lakshman will be raring to have a go . gobilalitha

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

why no followup action by any member? gobilalitha

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Are there no rasikas.org mebers from Tirunelveli, who can post? gobilalitha

Ramakr

Post by Ramakr »

'Raman azhaikkiran , Poi Varugiren , Sanchalam Viduveere" - were from the movie "Baktha Ramadas" directed by Yaragudipati Varada Rao (Y V Rao)...I don't really know the year........
He was the first person to set "Lalitha Sahasranamam" to tune and it was presented in front of his holiness Shri Kanchi Paramacharyal...... http://www.kamakoti.org/newlayout/print ... 943387bd05

- Rama
Last edited by Ramakr on 20 Mar 2009, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Many thanks. wonderful . I request all the forumites to go to the website mentioned above and read about the greatness of K.s Ramanarayana iyer , how he was blessed by JAGATGURU PARAMACHARYA
GOBILALITHA

pattamaa

Re: Kalakkad Ramanarayana Iyer

Post by pattamaa »

Does anyone possess LP record released by Kalakkad ramanarayana Iyer on Lalitha sahasranamam? Seems he is the first one to set to music with blessings of kanchi acharya..

cacm

Re: Kalakkad Ramanarayana Iyer

Post by cacm »

Kalakkad Ramanarayana Iyer's rendition of Ganamudha Panam was brief but ENCOMPASSED EVERYTHING that both the raga & kriti exposition to make it PERFECT acc. to both MMI & SEM. MMI followed his pattern & in my opinion showed how to present a raga& kriti BEST equalling ARI'S unique ability to do it in very little time.......VKV