Erode Anantharaman - Prodigy or what?

Carnatic Musicians
VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XY0V1huQwU - take a listen to this prodigy.

arunk

Post by arunk »

Awesome. Ramji's isai mazhalai does throw light on the fact that there is some mind boggling talent that is possible at an young age.

Arun
Last edited by arunk on 23 Mar 2009, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Excellent performance. In fact, I heard more azhuttham and bhAvam revealing more sArangA in this boy's version than a veteran singer's version I had heard. Of course, I do not mean to elevate him to that level but this raises a question. What will be considered next levels for such a talented boy? Increase in repertoire (in ragas, thalas and compostions ), increase in manodharma and just plain ever accumulating experience and confidence?

cienu

Post by cienu »

Absolute delight to hear. Thanks VKR :) What an amazing level of confidence.

Wish Anantharaman all the very best for a wonderful CM career.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

I did see him about 6 months back @manakkAl's concert , right now erode anantharAman is quite a tall lad, hoping that will bring him more staminA to sing longer swaras ;) .For me this is my personal favourite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF6-Z_xyO9o

perarulalan

Post by perarulalan »

He sings very nicely and with great confidence too.

Disclaimer & Caution !!!
Our past threads on Prodigy related questions have turned to be more of threads of slander. I sincerely hope that members post words of encouragement than bashing another rising star!!
Last edited by perarulalan on 23 Mar 2009, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

ragam-talam

Post by ragam-talam »

Who is his guru?

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

http://erodeanantharaman.com/profile.php - this will answer all queries

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

the boy has a voice soaked in honey. no doubt a great talent. the mruthangam boy is another great talent.

arasi

Post by arasi »

What impressed me most was the way he approached a rAgam like sArangA, making it sound more interesting and appealing than in the way one often hears it in concerts. Of course, it is PT's emotive composition too.
VK, I agree with you. It is promising to see that in a youngster who might evolve with an inner growth of his own--with the guidance from his gurus, of course. I am sure his musical family, gurus of quality (this I am guessing by his singing) and his own love for music helps. A talent worth watching...
Last edited by arasi on 23 Mar 2009, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I've only once seen a performance by Ramji's youngsters, and I was amazed and inspired by every performer on the stage.

That it was just the once is obviously a big mistake on my part. Must put that right!

sramaswamy

Post by sramaswamy »

vasanthakokilam wrote:Excellent performance. In fact, I heard more azhuttham and bhAvam revealing more sArangA in this boy's version than a veteran singer's version I had heard. Of course, I do not mean to elevate him to that level but this raises a question. What will be considered next levels for such a talented boy? Increase in repertoire (in ragas, thalas and compostions ), increase in manodharma and just plain ever accumulating experience and confidence?
In my opinion, all this can be accumulated in any order and will definitely make him an improved and accomplished performer. However, I would emphasize on making the kid more interested in music related aspects other than performance and improve his communication abilities. I say this in view of what I see as the difference in someone like Ravikiran / Shashikiran and someone like U.Srinivas. While both are geniuses in their own right, I feel that U.Srinivas seems to have gone out of public view - probably he accomplished a lot in a very young age and he did not find any challenges later in life. Whereas *kiran family people are very active in other activities that provides variety and challenge for them. Ravikiran has been busy researching into Oothukadu and Shashikiran runs Carnatica along with others, writes books and organizes various events. I do not know whether these abilities were inherent in them or were inculcated. These kind of education provides an avenue for channelizing the talent in a way that will not saturate too soon. I have heard that U.Srinivas is busy and getting involved in Hindustani Music.

This is just a conjecture on my part. I may be wrong. However, this education - that of communication ability - to express views, opinions in a coherent way and to keep the other parties interested - is an important aspect for everyone. Especially in the Indian education system where I think this notion does not seem to be taken into account at all.

smala

Post by smala »

GOOSEBUMPS...for anybody......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ryE5lxjno&NR=1

Outrageous.

And yet another..........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrxXPzFIItU&NR=1
Last edited by smala on 24 Dec 2009, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.