Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

Re: Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Post by CRama »

Today,there was the concert of one young vidwan-BharatKumar. I heard Venuganaloluni and Sree Sathyanarayanam. He sang very well. Both elaborate alapanas, swaras etc. Neraval at Sathya jnananandamayam Sarvam Vishnumayam- Looks like TMK's disciple. We should watch this musician.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yes. I heard his SubhapantuvaraLi and beginning of Sree Sathyanarayanam. Superb. His fast brigas in alapanai reminded me of TNS SP. Can some one throw some more light on the artist. I agree- we should watch him. Difficult to believe he is TMK's sishya.

kssr

Post by kssr »

He is sanjay's sishya. Suguna Varadachary's son. See sanjay blog.

http://sanjaysub.blogspot.in/2008/10/pr ... dents.html

But it is 6 years old -2008 !!

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

A SS's disciple sounding a bit like TMK also ! paradox ? I heard his spvarALi and was impressed.When I told my friend who too was listening along about his mentor and mother,they acknowledged his resemblance to his mother.I have heard him in person a couple of years back at rAgasudha hall here where he sang a v.g.sankarAbharanam.It was tAnpura artist Ganesan who told me that bharat is SV's son then.hope he gets a better exposure and chances to perform more and more.he had 7 mor mins.yesterday.but it seems was not in a mood to sing !

kssr

Post by kssr »

They might have filled up with one more round of Oonjal seva!

CRama

Post by CRama »

Yesterday, 27/4, there was a very good Veena-Venu-Violin programme by young vidwans from Bangalore The names
Ramana Balachandran-Veena
Heramb and Hemant- Flute
Vittal rangan-Violin (leader)
Mridangam- I could not get the name. Songs I heard-
Brocheva-Khamas
Emanithalakavachu-Annamacharya song in the ragam SESHADRI- Ragam invented by Kanyakumari.
Raghuvamsasudha- Kathanakuthoohalam
Intha sowkhya-Kapi
A song in Sahana

The veena vidwan is a young boy of about 15 yrs. But played with good maturity and gnanam. I heard him in the Veena Festival also. Very promising vidwan. Others may be in twentees. Vittal Rangan is disciple of Kanyakumari. All the vidwans showed evidence of good gnanam and sadhakam. The entire programme was well crafted and well presented. Kapi ragam was played elaborately by all the vidwans. Vittal Rangan also sings well. He sang few lines of the Annamacharya song. Ragam Seshadri was similar to Madhuvanthi. One very appreciable feature was the balancing. All the instruments were heard clearly. Veena did not go subdued under the other instruments- as it happens in many such programmes.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Yes.it was enjoyable and as a rasika I was happy to see the young talents playing with such a perfection.seshadri & kApi I listened to.very good.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Seshadri: Probably it was designed by AK specifically for Naada neeraajanam as she has been playing during each of its annual festivals.

(When will someone come out with Thothadri :) :) ;) )

CRama

Post by CRama »

A few months back, I read somewhere that Kanyakumari has created seven new ragams in the names of the seven hills of Thirumalai- Seshadri is one among them. To me, it looked like Madhuvanti. There may be some subtle differences in swarasthanams. I do not know.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Kum.Shrutu Ravali of Vizag sang very well.her main in kAmbodhi - Emayya rAmA was executed well.her slOkam in peelu followed by bhajarE yadhunAtham was good too.

kum.sriramyA on violin played decently.burra sreeram on mridhangam did well.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Isn't Shruti Ravali the daughter and student of Manda Smt. Sudha Rani?

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

rshankar wrote:Isn't Shruti Ravali the daughter and student of Manda Smt. Sudha Rani?
yes

kssr

Post by kssr »

This is the second time I am listening to Sruti Ravali. Earlier in Kalavanta youth festival in Bangalore. Good performance on both occasions. The starting hamsanandi ragam was well rendered. However in the pallavi line there was a disturbing note. As it was the same disturbance repeated in all her sangathis my guess is that, as per the artist, it is deemed to be correct. Also, a very elaborate swara prastharam . To pull it off well for hamsanandi was indeed a difficult task. She appears to be still in her early twenties. For her age her performance is excellent. Wish her great success in the coming years.

Shyamala Rangarajan

Post by Shyamala Rangarajan »

On the 5th Sept, Aishwarya Madhavan (Vocal), accompanied by Ramapriya (Violin) & Sriram Madhavan (Mrudhangam), is performing in Naada Neerajanam. All these three artists are talented youngsters, belonging to Srirangam (also my place), needing our encouragement. I request our group members to listen to the concert and give their valuable feedback and suggestions which will help the artists immensely.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Yesterday, 9 Sep there was the concert of Shri S.Ramani, son and disciple of S.Shankar, Bangalore based famous vocalist. Ramani sings very well. Good throw in the voice, good stage presence, good imagination and follows the bani of his father. I heard Sree Mahaganapthe-Natai,Myuram Vis Sastry, Sree Sathyanarayanam and Marivere-Lathangi. Yesterday the programme was abruptly stopped at 6.55PM for reasons unknown. Ramani deserves exposure in Chennai music circuit.

kssr

Post by kssr »

I missed Ramani's concert. But I wanted to write about another Bangalore younster's concert. He is Vivek Sadasivam. Hiss concert at Nada neerajanam was very impressive. I heard him during Kalavanta 2014 and also in the Naad Bhed semi finals.

He has a deep rich mature voice. Disciple of Vidwan Thiagarajan , one of the Rudrapatnam brothers. His father, I am told is also a vocalist. His mother is a vainika and she was playing the tambura for his NN concert.

He is a real talent to watch. Hope he also does not move to Chennai :-s

CRama

Post by CRama »

Yesterday, 22/9, I heard another new young vidwan from Kerala. Shenkottai Hariharasubramaniam from Ernakulam. Very young vidwan, below 30, with good voice, vidwath, azhutham, padantharam, stage presence. The songs
Vinathasuthavahana- Jayanthasena- with sparkling swaras
Dinamanivamsa- with elaborate swaras
NT Tarangam- I forgot
Venugana ramana-Thodi- Uthukad as main song
Jo Achuthananda-Kapi
A devaranama in SPVarali.
I dont know about his guru, A Vidwan having good potential- to watch.

makham

Post by makham »

Ref Post # 317: He will be flattered to read that someone has estimated his age as under 30 ! He is 36. Known more for his Namasankeerthanam programs. Trained under Sri. Srimushnam Raja Rao and Smt. Padma Chandilyan. The NT tarangam he rendered was Damodara Taavaka in Keeravani.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Now s.malavika , a young artist is singing very well. No info on the net. Anyone knows about her guru,etc.?

CRama

Post by CRama »

I think she is Sudha Raghunathan's disciple.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

What I liked in mALavikA is her uninhibited open throat singing.her singing may not be perfect yet likable.her bilahari and latAngi show promise.It seems she is a fan of yesteryear heroine Sadhana !

harimau

Post by harimau »

kssr wrote:Now s.malavika , a young artist is singing very well. No info on the net. Anyone knows about her guru,etc.?
Trained in the gurukulavaasam mode for several years under Smt Padmavathy Ananthagopalan. Moved under Sri V Subramaniam (disciple of Semmangudi Mama) a couple of years back.

Don't know under whom she is training now after Sri Subramaniam's demise.

bombal

Post by bombal »

kudos to Malavika...her training from great gurus showed in her renderings...personally I felt that the mridangam could have been a little bit more accommodative rather than dominate and show his prowess at most times. the impact of that was the kalapramAnam was escalating at times.

violin accompaniment according to me was not upto the mark..

great promise and pray the Almighty showers his blessings for a bright future..

:namaste:

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

S Malavika:
Brilliant rendering.
'Asaadhyamaana saadhakam' is evident.
'Konjam nidaanam' recommended!

bombal

Post by bombal »

'Konjam nidaanam' recommended!

couldn't agree with you more on this Sivaramakrishnan sir..

kssr

Post by kssr »

Sriram Parthasarathy par excellence today, ESP Kalyani swaram. Brilliant. Bit of sruti problem during alapanai. But more than compensated in swarams.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Meduri Srinivas garu on veena. Sarasaangi now. Absolute fluency. Absolute perfection-confidence. Excellent smiling stage presence. It is sad that we miss so many great artits- leave alone listening to them- not even heard of them. A lifetime is not adequate to cover even a tip of the great art. Endaro... vandanamu.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

VasudA kEshav's concert today was satisfactory accompanined by VLK/mridhangam/HSRK.she sang niine nodi dhanyanaaneno in pantuvrALi,deva devam bhajeham - hindoLam and main bhairavi - jananaimAmava.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Charumathi Ramachandran's concert is on. The interesting part is that Mudikondan Ramesh is accompanying her on the Veena.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today 15 Nov, there was the concert of Smt. K. Lahari consisting of HMB kritis - today being his birthday. She sang very well- Looks like TNS disciple. Mathe Malayadhwaja, himagiritanaye, Sarasamukhi, Neethu mahima, Samayamide (Budhamanohari and Thodi main. I did not hear the main song. Her concert in the RSS was also very good. An artist to be watched.

bombal

Post by bombal »

completely agree...a fine and smooth voice..she has a bengali look and sang pretty well..

the mridangam artists K Ramesh was also very good...his thoppi valanthalai cherchai was good...my suggestion is not to try too many of the podi sollus in the high pitched instrument, as that tends to get smudged.

good concert and I enjoyed it..

god bless

makham

Post by makham »

Lahari is the disciple and daughter of Sarawati Vidyardhi who herself is a disciple of Ivaturi Vijayeswara Rao and Nedanuri Krishnamurthy. Saraswati is associated with guruswara, an online portal for CM learning.

bombal

Post by bombal »

that confirms why I could hear shades of nedunuri garu's brilliance in both her raaga essays and kriti renditons..

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Lahari sang well.I think once I have heard an AlApanai of bhudhamanOhari by NSG in a radio concert.Lahari's hamsAnandi & tOdi were good.

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

"Singing for Nadaneerajanam this evening.... Do watch! 6 pm or so on SVBC"-Dr Vijayalakshmy Subramaniam.If you are not back home by then you may have it recorded .

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

VVS Murari- Violin
Skandasubramaniam-Mridangam
KV Gopalakrishnan-Kanjira.
Bhajare Manasa-Nattai -Bhadrachala Ramadas.
Hechharikaga Raa-Yadukula Kamboji-Thiagarajar
Kshera Sagara Sai-PoorvinKalyani-Papanasam Sivan-Ragam Neraval swaram in"yun arul indri oru Anuvum asayumo"
Bhajare Manasa-Karnataka Devagandari-Mysore Vadudevachari-Ragam swaram in "Rajakumaram Ramam"good exchange of swarams exploring the raga fully ..
Tani.
Shanthakaram Bhujahasayanam set in Bilahari,Sindhu Bhairavi, Madhuvanthi followed by "Namo Narayana"of Annamacharya.
Bajo madhura Hari nam-Kabir Bhajan-Lalit.?
Signing off with another no from Annamacharya."Oh Pavanathmaja"
Serene concert on Ekadasi day.

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

O Pavanathmaja was set to tune by her in Raga "Sankara" I understand.

CRama

Post by CRama »

The concert of KPNandini two days back in this channel was very absorbing. Paramapurusha-Shanmugapriya-Annamacharya immortalised by MSS and Janakipathe in Kharaharapriya were elaborated. Other songs I forgot. Her voice texture, patantharam, manodharamam all appreciable. I know she is featured frequently in all the Sabhas. I am yet to hear her live. This season I will attend one of her concerts.

arasi

Post by arasi »

With all the deluge of the season concerts, this thread hasn't been that active!

Sumitra Nitin sings tomorrow, Friday the 20th. Hope some of us will be able to listen to her :)

I am sure kssr and others are going to keep this thread up to date :)

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Program for February 2015 is available from this link: http://www.svbcttd.com/NANI.pdf

arasi

Post by arasi »

kunthalavarali,
Thanks. This is very handy because I frequently turn on the channel to see what's on.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Sri.T.S.Krishnamurthy, a senior violinist from Bangalore is playing. Worth listening.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yesterday I heard portion of Kumari S.J.Jananiy (spelling as per SVBC or numerologist) concert. Quite good. Heard khamas and a good Bhairavi with Upachaaramu. The various pallavi sangathis and turn arounds were perfect and truly vintage. With more practice she will definitely be a good singer. Nice to see the new crop of quality singers.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Smt. Suguna Varadachari - Vidya Kalyanaraman- Gopinath- Shertallai Ananthakrishnan on 24th March 2015 - Muthuswamy Deekshitar Special Concert

There was a delay in commencement due to the usual Oonjal seva. When I switched on again around 6.45, it had started. Thank god I did not miss it. I was starting for my walk but was nailed to the seat by the music.

1. Seshachala Nayakam -VaraLi
2. Kshitija Ramana -Devagandhari
3. Santhana Gopala - Khamas
4. Bala Gopala - Bhairavi- R, N , S
5. Sri Venkata girisham - Surutti

It was an amazing concert. All students of CM must listen to a recording if it appears on Youtube or elsewhere. Devagandhari ragam gave its fragrance at every turn in the rendition. In Bala gopala , the words Draupati maana was rendered with such beauty and bhava, it cannot be explained. People should listen to her neraval and learn. Just one aavarthanam per round- superb variations- pure bhairavi catches.

Her rendering is deceptively simple but how many can sing like this today. Her voice has not been affected by age. Still fully in tact.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Trichy B Sivakumar's veena a few weeks back was excellent.
The programme was telecast late night by 10.15 p.m. due to another seva happening at the temple in the usual slot (6- 8 p.m.).

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

Yes, I did listen to the remarkable concert of Trichi Sivakumar.if you googleSVBC TTD, you get SVBC ttd YouRepeat in the search. There are many of the Nadaneerajanam concerts archived including Trichi Sivakumar.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

J A jayanth flute was featured on Mar 30.But SVBC suddenly discontinue the program to show UNJAL SEVA.SVBC should continue the program as per schedule.

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

As customary Jayant's concert is archived in the website mentioned in my earlier post.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today's concert in Nada Neerajanam was by Chinmaya sisters- Uma and Radhika. Do not know who is who. Keeravani main- very well sung. Almost all items were sung very well. If they had chosen a sruti a notch lower, the one who sang purvikalyani would have been much more comfortable. The pitch and general nervousness created some difficulty in PK ragam. Sri.VV Ravi on violin was the usual high standard.

This is the third time I am listening to them first time in Chennai, next in BTM Bangalore and now this.

If I am not mistaken they are Sri.TNS's students.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

I believe they learnt from Sri NSG.