Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
kssr

Re: Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Post by kssr »

Sriram Parthasarathy par excellence today, ESP Kalyani swaram. Brilliant. Bit of sruti problem during alapanai. But more than compensated in swarams.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Meduri Srinivas garu on veena. Sarasaangi now. Absolute fluency. Absolute perfection-confidence. Excellent smiling stage presence. It is sad that we miss so many great artits- leave alone listening to them- not even heard of them. A lifetime is not adequate to cover even a tip of the great art. Endaro... vandanamu.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

VasudA kEshav's concert today was satisfactory accompanined by VLK/mridhangam/HSRK.she sang niine nodi dhanyanaaneno in pantuvrALi,deva devam bhajeham - hindoLam and main bhairavi - jananaimAmava.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Charumathi Ramachandran's concert is on. The interesting part is that Mudikondan Ramesh is accompanying her on the Veena.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today 15 Nov, there was the concert of Smt. K. Lahari consisting of HMB kritis - today being his birthday. She sang very well- Looks like TNS disciple. Mathe Malayadhwaja, himagiritanaye, Sarasamukhi, Neethu mahima, Samayamide (Budhamanohari and Thodi main. I did not hear the main song. Her concert in the RSS was also very good. An artist to be watched.

bombal

Post by bombal »

completely agree...a fine and smooth voice..she has a bengali look and sang pretty well..

the mridangam artists K Ramesh was also very good...his thoppi valanthalai cherchai was good...my suggestion is not to try too many of the podi sollus in the high pitched instrument, as that tends to get smudged.

good concert and I enjoyed it..

god bless

:namaste:

makham

Post by makham »

Lahari is the disciple and daughter of Sarawati Vidyardhi who herself is a disciple of Ivaturi Vijayeswara Rao and Nedanuri Krishnamurthy. Saraswati is associated with guruswara, an online portal for CM learning.

bombal

Post by bombal »

that confirms why I could hear shades of nedunuri garu's brilliance in both her raaga essays and kriti renditons..

:namaste:

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Lahari sang well.I think once I have heard an AlApanai of bhudhamanOhari by NSG in a radio concert.Lahari's hamsAnandi & tOdi were good.

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

"Singing for Nadaneerajanam this evening.... Do watch! 6 pm or so on SVBC"-Dr Vijayalakshmy Subramaniam.If you are not back home by then you may have it recorded .

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

VVS Murari- Violin
Skandasubramaniam-Mridangam
KV Gopalakrishnan-Kanjira.
Bhajare Manasa-Nattai -Bhadrachala Ramadas.
Hechharikaga Raa-Yadukula Kamboji-Thiagarajar
Kshera Sagara Sai-PoorvinKalyani-Papanasam Sivan-Ragam Neraval swaram in"yun arul indri oru Anuvum asayumo"
Bhajare Manasa-Karnataka Devagandari-Mysore Vadudevachari-Ragam swaram in "Rajakumaram Ramam"good exchange of swarams exploring the raga fully ..
Tani.
Shanthakaram Bhujahasayanam set in Bilahari,Sindhu Bhairavi, Madhuvanthi followed by "Namo Narayana"of Annamacharya.
Bajo madhura Hari nam-Kabir Bhajan-Lalit.?
Signing off with another no from Annamacharya."Oh Pavanathmaja"
Serene concert on Ekadasi day.

satyabalu

Post by satyabalu »

O Pavanathmaja was set to tune by her in Raga "Sankara" I understand.

CRama

Post by CRama »

The concert of KPNandini two days back in this channel was very absorbing. Paramapurusha-Shanmugapriya-Annamacharya immortalised by MSS and Janakipathe in Kharaharapriya were elaborated. Other songs I forgot. Her voice texture, patantharam, manodharamam all appreciable. I know she is featured frequently in all the Sabhas. I am yet to hear her live. This season I will attend one of her concerts.

arasi

Post by arasi »

With all the deluge of the season concerts, this thread hasn't been that active!

Sumitra Nitin sings tomorrow, Friday the 20th. Hope some of us will be able to listen to her :)

I am sure kssr and others are going to keep this thread up to date :)

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Program for February 2015 is available from this link: http://www.svbcttd.com/NANI.pdf

arasi

Post by arasi »

kunthalavarali,
Thanks. This is very handy because I frequently turn on the channel to see what's on.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Sri.T.S.Krishnamurthy, a senior violinist from Bangalore is playing. Worth listening.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yesterday I heard portion of Kumari S.J.Jananiy (spelling as per SVBC or numerologist) concert. Quite good. Heard khamas and a good Bhairavi with Upachaaramu. The various pallavi sangathis and turn arounds were perfect and truly vintage. With more practice she will definitely be a good singer. Nice to see the new crop of quality singers.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Smt. Suguna Varadachari - Vidya Kalyanaraman- Gopinath- Shertallai Ananthakrishnan on 24th March 2015 - Muthuswamy Deekshitar Special Concert

There was a delay in commencement due to the usual Oonjal seva. When I switched on again around 6.45, it had started. Thank god I did not miss it. I was starting for my walk but was nailed to the seat by the music.

1. Seshachala Nayakam -VaraLi
2. Kshitija Ramana -Devagandhari
3. Santhana Gopala - Khamas
4. Bala Gopala - Bhairavi- R, N , S
5. Sri Venkata girisham - Surutti

It was an amazing concert. All students of CM must listen to a recording if it appears on Youtube or elsewhere. Devagandhari ragam gave its fragrance at every turn in the rendition. In Bala gopala , the words Draupati maana was rendered with such beauty and bhava, it cannot be explained. People should listen to her neraval and learn. Just one aavarthanam per round- superb variations- pure bhairavi catches.

Her rendering is deceptively simple but how many can sing like this today. Her voice has not been affected by age. Still fully in tact.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Trichy B Sivakumar's veena a few weeks back was excellent.
The programme was telecast late night by 10.15 p.m. due to another seva happening at the temple in the usual slot (6- 8 p.m.).

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

Yes, I did listen to the remarkable concert of Trichi Sivakumar.if you googleSVBC TTD, you get SVBC ttd YouRepeat in the search. There are many of the Nadaneerajanam concerts archived including Trichi Sivakumar.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

J A jayanth flute was featured on Mar 30.But SVBC suddenly discontinue the program to show UNJAL SEVA.SVBC should continue the program as per schedule.

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

As customary Jayant's concert is archived in the website mentioned in my earlier post.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Today's concert in Nada Neerajanam was by Chinmaya sisters- Uma and Radhika. Do not know who is who. Keeravani main- very well sung. Almost all items were sung very well. If they had chosen a sruti a notch lower, the one who sang purvikalyani would have been much more comfortable. The pitch and general nervousness created some difficulty in PK ragam. Sri.VV Ravi on violin was the usual high standard.

This is the third time I am listening to them first time in Chennai, next in BTM Bangalore and now this.

If I am not mistaken they are Sri.TNS's students.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

I believe they learnt from Sri NSG.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yesterday there was a very good concert by a young lady Lakshmi (could not get the surname)from Sydney. It was nice to listen to Kedaragowla elaboration. There are also recent threads on some Sydney music festival. It seems to be developing into another hub of CM. Wonder whose's disciple Lakshmi is. Also means that there is a good tradition thriving in Australia. Very heartening and happy.

arasi

Post by arasi »

kssr,
And London!

Yes, Priya Ram, Dubai too, as is NZ!

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

Her name is Lakshmi kumaraguruparan. I too enjoyed her concert. The accompanists were also good.i was not able to search further details about her, though curious to know her guru.The mridangist was N.C. Bharadwaj.The violinist was also good but couldn't catch his name.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

S.V.sudarsan was the violinist.yes she sang well.her rendition of ranganayakeem in nAyaki was enjoyable.seems to have a good guru,whoever it is !

priyaram78

Post by priyaram78 »

Today could fortunately watch Priya Sisters concert in SVBC channel. Hope to attend a 'live' concert while I am in Chennai and get enthralled once again.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Priyaram, Can you give the song list of today's prog.

priyaram78

Post by priyaram78 »

Wish I could.....but I was occupied with some chores so could not sit and jot down the songs. Enjoyed their renditions nevertheless.

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

Here's the link to their concert.An enjoyable one. http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=hKHJ9oNDz5U

CRama

Post by CRama »

Thank you Priyaram and Sitaky. Heard the concert. Excellent. Waiting for their concert in Bhakti Utsav this week in Narada Gana Aabha.

espras

Post by espras »

The highlight of the concert was the superb accompaniment on the mrudangam by Patri Satish Kumar. Purushothaman on the khanjari was quite good too.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Listened to an impressive performance of Sri. Vittal Ramamurthy and team in today's nada neeraajanam. He had seven additional violins , two girls vocal , a mridangam and one tabla. There were also two tamburas. How they first of all tuned all the instruments to the same Sruti is in itself an achievement. ( I am reminded of an incident. A few years back when SRI. MSG was asked if he would like a tambura artist, he politely declined saying that they already have three violins to tune- his, Narmada's and also his son's !!)

Besides being a top rung artist, I am sure that it will give sri. Ramamurthy great pleasure to be able to train so many students and pass on the valuable knowledge and tradition. The two vocalists also took some challenging songs and sang very well, including a Meera abhang(?!).

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

mIrA did not compose abhangs - abhangs are in marAThi, composed by the marAThi equivalent of haridAsas from karnATakA.
mIrA composed in brij bhAsa mixed with rAjasthAni, and in hindi her compositions are called bhajan(s) or pad(s) (poem)

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Dear KSSR,

Vittal ramamurthy is not featured much in Bangalore.A top notch accompanist heard often in Chennai and some times overseas.Hope Bangalore Gayana Samaja,Nadasurabhi and other organisations feature this great artist.

kssr

Post by kssr »

rshankar wrote:mIrA did not compose abhangs - abhangs are in marAThi, composed by the marAThi equivalent of haridAsas from karnATakA.
mIrA composed in brij bhAsa mixed with rAjasthAni, and in hindi her compositions are called bhajan(s) or pad(s) (poem)
But that is what the announcer said, if I am not very much mistaken :)

kssr

Post by kssr »

I hope that many of you would have listened to Sri.TVG yesterday. The ideas that he has got are really amazing. The highlight was a portion where Sri.TVG played mridangam as an accompanist to the violinist. The song was Aanandamrutha karshini. Sri.TVG actually could play the saahityam itself in mridangam. Interestingly when swarams were played, he played the same swaras from the left thoppi itself. Strokes were made with his right hand on the left side of the instrument and the left hand gave different levels of pressure on the leather to produce the different swaras. First time seeing the effect that was produced in such a close up. I have seen something similar in case of thavil.

Although Music Academy does not give sangeetha kalanidhi for a particular reason like mridangam, violin , etc but just for lifetime contribution to Carnatic music ( I guess I am right), Sri.TVG definitely deserves one even exclusively for his mridangam.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

"Although Music Academy does not give sangeetha kalanidhi for a particular reason like mridangam, violin , etc but just for lifetime contribution to Carnatic music ( I guess I am right), Sri.TVG definitely deserves one even exclusively for his mridangam."

I don't quite understand. Sri. TVG was awarded SK last year. Are you suggesting something different pl?

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yes. I am aware of the award last year. Most deserving. His mridangam is mesmerizing.

Incidentally, why not more than one sangeetha kalanidhi to the same person in different years for different areas of contribution? Was not Madame Curie given two Nobels?!!

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

Dear Rasikas, Happened to see Sri Patri Satish Kumar's Mrindanga Laya vinyasam and savoured every moment. I feel humbled to review the artistes or speak in such august company about the concert. Anyway I am providing the link to enjoy.
http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=dG1RvMCTI6A
Sita krishnamoorthy

kssr

Post by kssr »

Last evening on the last day of Godavari Pushkaram, Dr.BMK was felicitated by the CM and other dignitaries with shawls, plaque, envelope, etc., Then there was his concert.

Dr.BMK introduced the first item to be in the ragam Pushkara Godavari. Further said "Godavari, Nadhi- Pushkaram (something else)' Everyone incl accompanists thought that it was part of the speech. But that was the song. Slowly the violinist recovered. It was just a brief song as the second line itself was something Murali...

Next Dr.BMK sang a brief raga for Hindolam. Even today, absolutely melodious. Then he asked his vocal support man to continue. He just poured on the listeners two bucketsful of apaswaram, in his so called alapanai. Then there was violin followed by alapanai by the other accompanying artist in Whistle. This surprisingly was suswaram. Actually nice.

I decided to proceed for my walk, just recalling the several brilliant concerts of this great artist that I had an opportunity to listen to as a student and immediately after college in Trichy, Thanjavur and Hyderabad in the 70s. How many Nagumomus have I listened and pancharatnams not to forget even Oru naaL podhuma which he used to sing casually in concerts!!

From the bottom of my heart, I prayed for his good health. Even seeing him on TV was a pleasure. May he also be blessed with a better set of sishyas!!

kssr

Post by kssr »

Vivek Sadasivam fro Bangalore 7.12.15

1. Gaana moorthe
2. Bhajana seya raada- dharmavathi
3. santhanagopala krishna - kamaas
4. Ramachandram bhavayami- Vasantha
5. mohanam main- naarayana - p.sivan

Very impressive programme.
One of the promising bangalore upcoming artists.
Originally sri. R.N.Thyagarajan 'student. last time i was told that he has taken residence in chennai to train under sanjay sub.
A gentleman of his grandfather's age is on violin. Uses his exclusive manodharmam even while following vivek.
Mmridangam, a tirupathi artist is quite supportive.
Vivek chose very slow tempo for the first three. Vasantha speeded up.
Mohanam by nature is difficult to negotiate in a error free way. Vivek doing his best.
Wish the youngster a great musical future.

CRama

Post by CRama »

I heard this concert. Vivek has got good potential and powerful voice. He will come up well.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Sri Vivek Sadasivam is disciple of his father and guru Sri Sadasivam, a maestro and later the sishya of Sri RNT and Sri SS, now.
Sri Pudukottai Ramanathan on Violin and Sri Sudhakar on Mridangam were accompanists and both are very senior vidwans and teachers,are highly respected.
Hearing him after a lapse of time, yesterday, I noticed change in his higher focus on classicism (true to Sri Sadasivam's class) to attractive presentation technique in line with the other young and upcoming vidwans and vidushees. Hailing from the family of musicians with Mudduswamy Deekshita's compositions sampradaya, I was surprised with madhyamakala, with tilt to turita kala rendition of 'Ramachandram Bhavayami'. Sampradaya of this kruthi is in vilamba kala and Vasanta in all its splendor and majesty. This aesthetic was given amiss with 'Thyagarajization' rendition.
I wish that this highly talented vidwan gains in vidwath rooted in the teachings of Sri Sadasivam, Smt.Revathy Sadasivam (Mother & also Guru) and Sri RNT, also gaining the cutchery presentation skills of Sri SS.

munirao2001

hydkarthik

Post by hydkarthik »

Namaskaram,

I am a B-high grade vocalist, a disciple of Late N.S.Srinivasan currently learning from Sri A S Murali.

I am performing for Nada Neerajanam on 29th of this month. Please watch the live telecast of the programme on Sri Venkateswara Bhakthi Channel (TTD-SVBC) between 6 PM and 7.30 PM.

You can also watch it online at
http://svbc.tirumala.org/ or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJzMwNIqA9Q

Regards,
B Sai Karthikeya
+91-9840930484

cienu

Post by cienu »

Wishing you all the very best Sai Karthikeya for your performance.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

It was crisp and enjoyable.