Shri Ramakrishnamurthy-Shri Papanasam Sivan on his 125th Jayanti.

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
bhaskaran19

Shri Ramakrishnamurthy-Shri Papanasam Sivan on his 125th Jayanti.

Post by bhaskaran19 »

Shri Ramakrishnamurthy Vocal
Shri. Sandeep Ramachandran - violin
Shri. Mannarkoil J Balaji – mridangam at
PS High School Dakshinamurthy Auditorium
----------------------------------
Yet another wonderful concert and great tribute to Shri Papanasam Sivan on his 125th Jayanti.
A chanceless Sahana with class alapana with shree padmanaabha marugaa vaa sharavanabhava muttayyaa vaa as nerval and exotic Kharaharapriya Alapana with kamalajaa manOhara shreekarakaruNaa as neraval that won thunderous applause from the overflowing (I literally mean ) audience virtually no space whatsoever and at times the organizers themselves have to sacrifice their seats.
Undoubtedly it was one of the best ever concert by Shri Ramakrishnamurthy and must give full credits to Shri Ashok Ramani for organising this grand musical tribute on his grand father’s 125th Jayanthi.
1) Tatvam ariya tarama muladhara surapate unadu Ritigaula
2) Ka va va kanda va ennai kava velava pazhani Varali
3) Chittam irangadenayya shendil velaiya nin Shahana
4) Balakrishnan pada malar panivorkkidarilai vara Dhanyasi
5) Shrinivasa tava charanau chintayami satatam Kharaharapriya
6) Kadaikkan parvai adu podume ena didukkan Khamas
7) Virutham
8) Shodanai sumaikka ivvezhai ala subramanya Kapi

HarishankarK

Re: Shri Ramakrishnamurthy-Shri Papanasam Sivan on his 125th Jayanti.

Post by HarishankarK »

Hope we will get to see the video recording in YouTube.
Srinivasa tava charanam is my favorite kharaharapriya song.

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Hope we will get to see the video recording in YouTube.
Srinivasa tava charanam is my favorite kharaharapriya song.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Yes, kudos to Ashok Ramani and his family for offering a series of concerts in celebration of tamizh tyAgaiyyA.

6: kaDaikkaN pArvaiyadu pOdumE
enadiDukkaN yAvum tIrumE (iDukkaN: troubles)

tiruppugazh

Post by tiruppugazh »

Boring list of songs. I hope the kid improves his repertoire.

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Tiruppgazh: What did you expect, Dikshitar/Thyagaraja/Syama sastri krities ? This was a PapanAsam Sivan 125th anniversary concert !

Item 3 should be "irangAdadhEnayyA" (irangAdadhu + yEnayyA) and not as mentioned above, which is a printer's devil in the book. Many musicians sing as "irangAdhEnayyA".
I have pointed this out several times in these columns and elsewhere and some musicians have corrected their diction,and many have not.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Ashok Ramani said in a programme, Sivan wrote 'Irangathenaiyaa?' and corrected a participant singing as 'irangadadhenayya'.

tiruppugazh

Post by tiruppugazh »

What did you expect, Dikshitar/Thyagaraja/Syama sastri kritis ? This was a PapanAsam Sivan 125th anniversary concert !
That I will expect in a TMK concert. Kaa vaa vaa and Tatvamariya has been sung so often. KVN sang Srinivasa all the time. Chittam, Balakrishnam are all songs that have been sung/played too often for my comfort. Sivan has composed so many other beautiful songs that can be learnt and sung.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

I agree with tiruppugazh. Not sure if they have a "no repeat" policy at the festival but that would be good to have.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

Members

Kaa Vaa Vaa was a special request before curtains up by none other than Shri Ashok Ramani

Mannarkoil Balaji

harimau

Post by harimau »

sureshvv wrote:I agree with tiruppugazh. Not sure if they have a "no repeat" policy at the festival but that would be good to have.
Smt Seetha Rajan, who followed Ramakrishnan Murthy, also sang "Ka Va Va".

Strictly speaking, it wasn't a repeat since RKM sang it putting adi talam in 1-kalai and Smt Seetha Rajan put talam as 2-kalai. :lol:

bhaskaran19

Post by bhaskaran19 »

While writing I have missed the most important aspect of this concert by oversight . Brilliant support throughout the concert by
Shri. Sandeep Ramachandran - violin - especially his display during Sahana and Kharaharapriya were noteworthy and Mirudangam by veteran
Shri. Mannarkoil J Balaji with his awesome "Thani" My apologies to them for this omission. Further it is easy to pass judgement without listening - all kirthis may be popular and each one has got their own identity and certainly Ramakrishna Murthy has excelled in it

arasi

Post by arasi »

A good mixture of the known and unknown songs by each performer seems to serve two purposes--rasikAs to savor again what they have heard of PS's songs, and get to know other ones which are as worthy of listening to as the popular ones. That way, more of his compositions come to light...

bhaskaran19

Post by bhaskaran19 »

arasi wrote:A good mixture of the known and unknown songs by each performer seems to serve two purposes--rasikAs to savor again what they have heard of PS's songs, and get to know other ones which are as worthy of listening to as the popular ones. That way, more of his compositions come to light...
This is exactly TMK did at Nanganallur recently. He asked what was sung on the previous days and he avoided those numbers

pperumal

Post by pperumal »

Good concert - liked it.
However, I expected atleast 1-2 rare Sivan compositions considering that it was a Sivan exclusive kachery.
Disappointed from that angle.

- PP.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Sl No 5

Unfair comment.you can comment in this way if you can sing better or more knowledgeable.May be it is both!