Sathur Sisters-Nada Inbam-30th June 2016

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
grsastrigal

Sathur Sisters-Nada Inbam-30th June 2016

Post by grsastrigal »

Sathur Sisters
Smt Bhuvana Rajagoplan
Smt Laltiha Santhanam
Smt Usha Rajagopalan-Violin
Kallidaikurichu Sivakumar-Mridhangan
Madippakkam Murali-Ghatarm

30th June 2016

Nadha Inbam-Annual festival-Raga sudha hall

This concert has been uploaded in parivAdhini in youtube, for those you want to listen to good music.

Though belated, it was a worth of a concert.

Writing a review is a challenge now a days as most of the concerts are uploaded live in one or other portal and it was instantly commented by rasikAs.

Sangeetha bhUshanam, kalaimAmani, Sathur AG Subramaniam’s disciples and daughters gave a neat and good performance in this venue.

Before I start this, I have an invitation to celebrate Sathur AGS’ centenary celebtrations at the same venue on 15-18 th July, wherein Ramakrishna murthy, Vijay Siva and OST are performing on those three days, besides address by Chief Guests Shri UKS, Sri.M.Chandrasekaran and Shri Vinayagaram (his ensemble too). Interesting point is, Sathur AGS performed the inaugural concert of Shanmuganandha sangeetha sabha in Bombay with Sri.M.Chandrasekaran and Sri.T.K.Murthy. Sathur AGS’ grandson, well know upcoming artist Krishna ramarathnam will be performing to carry the AGS bhAni to 3rd Generation.

Where Pallavi DarbAr was going great in Bharathiya vidhya bhavan, I silently moved to Raga sudha hall to listen to unadulterated pure Sastriya sangeetham.

Recently, we had an audio concert of alathur brothers organized by S.L.Narasimhan, , wherein N.V.Subramanian of Saraswathi vAgyekAra trust, gave a talk about AB and their music. He informed two things, excellent singing, innovative outpour, for excellent singing, he mentioned AB and Innovative outpour, GNB. He added “ரசிகர்களுக்காக அவர்களுடைய ரசனைக்காக தன்னுடைய மேடை தர்மத்தை அவர்கள் விலை பேசியதில்லை. (AB never traded the concert ethics for the rasikAs).

Sathur sisters fits in to this category. There were hardly 20 people in the hall and the kAmbOji’s “SubramanyAya namastE” spoke volume of their vidwat.

Indha gOpa- dasha rAga mAliga- Pancha ratna kritis rAga + Narayana gowla, Ritigowla, Gowla, kEdharam. –Veena kuppier.

namAmi vigna vinAyagA- Krishnaswamy Iyer- Swaram in “kshanAsthika palApti kara”

pAhimAm bruhannAyikE- husEni- Swati tirunAl-

Shanmugarpriya-sub-main- Smt buvanA-followed by “vadhanE vArule”-ThyagarAjar- Neraval in ‘tAri teliya deivamum nEEvu” (S)

TrilOka mAtA nanu-Paras-ShyAma Sastri

kAmbodhi-main-By Smt Laltiha followed Sri.SubramanyAya namastE- MD- (S)

Tani

sanchara tara-Ashtabhati-Sindu bairavi

Sri jagadamba-Ramachandra kavi- rAga mAligA

Mangalam

varNam was something new to me and to have the swarams shifting to one rAga to another was a delight and set the path for a real good concert. I observed there were only 9 rAgAs in the varNam and later, I heard that “sAranga nattai” was the 10th rAga and it was not usually sung…. . I could not understand the reason. Some one may clear this.

pAhimAm-husEni kriti- again there was a discussion- post concert- that it was not SwAthi tirunAl kriti. I was wondering what is happening ?

A neat 6 minutes ShanmugapriyA Alapana had all the ingredients and was well structured. This kriti vadanE was also unheard from the upcoming artists/recent concert

Sri jagadamba was popularized by their father.

Tani was very good. Violin was at times bit off-track. Overall it was good.

If some one wants to read the tamil review of Althur Brothers (audio) concert, following is the link:

http://grsastrigal.blogspot.in/2016/06/ ... st_30.html

CRama

Re: Sathur Sisters-Nada Inbam-30th June 2016

Post by CRama »

grs. Enjoyed your review of Alathur Brothers concert. That Mukhari song was Ema ninne or Entha ninne.