Bharathi Ramasubban, Naada Inbam, 24/Feb/2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sankark

Bharathi Ramasubban, Naada Inbam, 24/Feb/2017

Post by sankark »

On the occassion of Maha Siva Rathri, a program dedicated to the janana, smarana, darsana and marana mukthi kshEtrams

with RKSK, KAP & Anirudh Athreya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlC55tUF2k4

NidhAnamAna (am not able to think right equivalent word, sedate perhaps or rather lack-of-rush?), azhuttamAma (gravitas/weight) sangItam. In a pretty powerful voice.

shankarank

Re: Bharathi Ramasubban, Naada Inbam, 24/Feb/2017

Post by shankarank »

I see some energy with KAP - yeah - good-good and volume seems to have been adjusted upward so His Majesty is audible from right side! ( hopefully not just in the youtube channel ;). Sollus also flowing with azhuttam!

tyAgarAjaya namastE - rendered with poise. Few questions came up. There is a KVN rendition where yOgISvara mAnasa saMyukta vadana vArijAya - flows back into vAgISadyakhila so continuously - as vArijAya ends on da - and vAgISAdyakhila begins on ni - I missed that one here!

The neraval on yOgiSvara was well done - but an occasional Chitoor style round back to vAgISa will bring exhilaration out of being on the same line! Some people will say theatrics - but AkaRShana of rasikas is important as well.

Also in akatAdi trirEkhAtma - she stresses aka(th)Adi - I guess the meaning there is a, ka, ta(tha) - the 3 letters in the trirekhA cakra - Dikshitar providing more evidence of divinity of letters.

akathAdi is taken as ga-ma-pA-da as in notation - but KVN does ma-pa-dA-pa - with dhiRga on thA matching dA dhiRga in bEgaDa with more expression. As a svarAkshara da on di is sUcita - but not sure if da on tha ( or ta) will make it a Suddha svarAkshara!.

I also feel there is some drag in satcitsukha vyAptayE - with the yati - what if it is satcitsUkha vyAptayE - if siksha in pANiNi can become sIkshA with dhIrga "I" in vEdic usage - ( ArSha prayOgam) - why not sukha to sUkha here! Something for Sanskrit scholars to opine! Is sUkha any corruption in meaning?

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

It was a lovely concert.

Sri KAP accompanies according to with whom he is playing. This is not new. As I am very used to seeing him playing with very soft voices, I was quite surprised to see him playing louder. This is not the first time I've seen it: I'm sure he always could and would.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

My observations on Arun date back to Sanjay's early days and later TMK's etc. I have watched Arun play recently with various artistes including the last years concluded tour of Ramakrishna Murthy (RKM). RKM is certainly not a soft voice or soft music, but not on the very hard end as well. I was pained to see RKM , a KVN style artiste being made into another TMK 2.0 - I had to leave the concert after Amba nIlayadakshi!

In this instance - by the way he does ta-ta-ku-dhin-ta-tom - no - even - dhin-ta-ka-tom - I can sense what is different!

And his body language tells you he is acting different!

Nobody denies he could or he would - but he didn't many times!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Well, OK... I didn't see many times!

The majority of my experience being hearing him accompany Smt Vedavalli and school, I had assumed that he always played slow, quiet and very background. I was surprised when I first heard otherwise! I think it might have been for TMK.

My perspective, of course, is that of someone who likes what we see as his (perhaps uniquely his) style of playing. :)

sankark

Post by sankark »

shankarank wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 09:26 I was pained to see RKM , a KVN style artiste being made into another TMK 2.0 - I had to leave the concert after Amba nIlayadakshi!
Please, kudumbathula (sishya) kuzhappam uNdu paNNAdhInga, Rithvik or Vignesh might get peeved. :lol:

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Rithwik and Vignesh are @ TMK 1.0 - no issues ! ;) :lol:

pperumal

Post by pperumal »

shankarank wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 22:50 Rithwik and Vignesh are @ TMK 1.0 - no issues ! ;) :lol:
I see Vignesh more of aspiring to be a TMK 'clone' - with time i hope and bless that he will find his own style.

- PP.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

After hearing the concert almost fully upto the SankarAbaraNam piece, the band drum play from KAP still exists in couple of numbers - AruNAcala nAtham for e.g. Is it that impossible to ruminate on a pattern that sounds traditional that descends a bit , flows a bit, that fits the rhythmic structure of the kriti - within his own paradigm?!

The feud is with his thinking - not his artistry!

tyAgarAjaya namstE and first part of Adiya pAda were accompanied with verve - for the first time I am hearing a seasoned Arun - in fact much different from his younger days - experience being expressed as well!

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

pperumal wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 23:50
shankarank wrote: 26 Feb 2017, 22:50 Rithwik and Vignesh are @ TMK 1.0 - no issues ! ;) :lol:
I see Vignesh more of aspiring to be a TMK 'clone' - with time i hope and bless that he will find his own style.

- PP.
Well said Shri pperumal. Agree with you fully on this.
With wishes,
Thanjavooran
03 03 2017