Suryaprakash @ Nadasurabhi on 21st May 2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
kssr

Suryaprakash @ Nadasurabhi on 21st May 2017

Post by kssr »

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Nadasurabhi Cultural Association, (Regd.)
Phone: 25539368. Email:nadasurabhi@gmail.com Web: http://nadasurabhi.org
FB: www.facebook.com/nadasurabhi

cordially invites you for the monthly concert on

Sunday, 21st May 2017 at 4.15 PM

Venue: The Indian Heritage Academy Hall,
Near Police Station, 6th Block,
Koramangala, Bangalore. 560 095.

Vidwan R. Suryaprakash -Vocal
Vidwan T.S.Krishnamurthy -Violin
Vidwan Prof. V. Krishna - Mridangam
Vidwan Vyasa Vittala - Khanjira

Sri. Suryaprakash is a popular carnatic vocalist who had his early lessons in the Semmangudi bani and had advanced training from Sri.T.V.Sankaranarayanan and musicologists like Dr.V.V.Srivatsa. He has got a master’s degree in carnatic music from the Madras University. He has received the Best Vocalist Awards from Madras Music Academy, Indian Fine Arts Society, Krishna Gana Sabha, Parthasarathy Swamy sabha besides awards and titles from several prestigious organizations. He has performed widely within India and has had concert tours abroad on several occasions. He is an A Grade artist of AIR. He has released several valuable music CDs.

Sri. Krishnamurthy is a senior violinist who is known for his melodious bowing technique and pleasant tonal quality. He has accompanied all senior artists. He also gives solo concerts. He has trained many students on violin.

Prof. V. Krishna, has great experience and talent in the field of Carnatic percussion instruments. He heads the Percussive Arts Centre and has been providing mridangam support to senior artists for decades. Prof. Krishna is also HOD of the Mechanical Engineering Department in the PES University.

Sri. Vyasa Vittala, a senior Khanjira vidwan, is known for clear and effective presentation, adapting himself admirably to the mridangam and main artist.

kssr

Re: Suryaprakash @ Nadasurabhi on 21st May 2017

Post by kssr »

Song list of Vidwan R. Suryaprakash’s concert- 21/5/2017 @ Nadasurabhi, with TS Krishnamurthy, Prof.V Krishna, Vyasa Vittala.

1. Kannane karikol virutham -Mohanam
Aalilai mel Mohanam Varnam by Tiger Varadachariar
2. Seethapathi na manasuna Kamach N,S @ Premajoochi
3. Mamava Meenakshi Varali R,N,S @ Shyame shankari
4. Suryamoorthe Sourashtra
5. Kandukandu Sahana R
6. Arul sheyyavendum Rasikapriya S
7. Rama nee yeda Karaharapriya R,S @ Ghana saukya
Followed by Ragamalika swaram Behag, Sumanesaranjani, Darbarikanada
8. Tani Avartanam
9. Nee padambhujam …RTP Charukesi Tisra Triputa 2 kalai
10. Nanmeyum Selvamum Ragamalika virutham
11. Vanden unai Sudhadhanyasi
12. Thillana Hamsanandi –Own composition
13. Mangalam

kssr

Post by kssr »

CLICK TO ENLARGE

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

KSSR,
I came and stayed till the KHP swaras. I was pleasantly surprised to find a full house of avid listeners, on an IPL final Sunday, plus dark clouds!

Suryaprakash got into the stride from the word go and his voice was melodious. I liked Shahana and Varali items very much. KHP was handled well.

Thanks to Nadasurabhi!

melam72

Post by melam72 »

Sounds like a wonderful concert!

Suryaprakash is one musician I really want to listen to in the next season. A very consistent, technically perfect artist, endowed with impressive manodharmam capabilities and a pristine padantharam.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Thanks to Suryaprakash for singing my composition vandE tuNai tandE enaik kAkkum kandanE. Why is it that I have to miss his concerts while I am in Bengaluru? Because he's not heard as much there, I think. The only time I've heard him there was at SRLKM several years ago.

Bengaluru brims with CM in recent years, and I'm glad Nadasurabhi invited him to give a performance at Koramangala. May more and more of his concerts be heard in the big city.

We rasikAs point out to several deficiencies in artistes--such as 'not in good voice, not that lively, lacking rich manOdharmam, slurring sAhitya, wanting in vidvat', and the list goes on--and then, we have Suryaprakash! I'm glad an important sabha like Nada Surabhi held his concert last weekend. Hope he sings in Bengaluru often, and also when I'm around :)

I have heard Suryaprakash sing the shuddha dhanyAsi song in Chennai. Neela Ramgopal has sung it in her CD of my songs...

kssr

Post by kssr »

arasi wrote: 24 May 2017, 19:47
I have heard Suryaprakash sing the shuddha dhanyAsi song in Chennai. Neela Ramgopal has sung it in her CD of my songs...
Suryaprakash did mention that it was a composition of Arasi and it has been sung by Neela mami in her CD.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Harini Raghavan
I am assuming you attended this concert also with your husband kssr . May I get your subjective detailed review?
KSSR,
Also please let me know the full pallavi line of charukesi please

hariniraghavan

Post by hariniraghavan »

Rajeshnat, Yes I attended Vidwan Suryaprakash's concert from beginning to end.
The ragamalika swarams were for the RTP and not Karaharapriya. The wrong feed was sent by me to KSSR. Regtret the error.
The full Pallavi line was - "Nee padambhujam dehi sada Yadava Madhava"
He is a versatile artist with lot of energy and passion to sing. His repertoire is amazing!

rajuvish

Post by rajuvish »

About a Music Concert, for a change:
An Excellent Nadasurabhi Evening: Suryaprakash Ramachandran Music!
For old timers, Ariyakudi's very meticulous concert strategy, Semmangudi's brisk pace, MaduraiManiIyer's shuthi-shudham and brilliant presentation of neraval and swara-torrents, and a very well planned/presented balance of major raagams and rakthi-and-bhava rich popular raagams, and for the modernist rasika's on the look out for novelty and change, the 'nayam' and rapport of 'Maharajapuram' and an intelligent mix of old&new in the whole scheme -- in all, a brilliant music concert, quite a combination of the essence of test, ODI and T-20: that was the Nadasurabhi music, music concert of Vidwan Sri Suryaprakash Ramachandran, in the Koramangala venue last week!
Right on time, punctuality reminiscent of DKP-Amma -- special word of 'besh' to Nadasurabhi, and to the team, senior support team, Sri T S Krishnamurthy(Violin), Prof(Dr)Krishna(Mrudangam) and Sri VyasaVittala(Ganjira) who were right on time, along with Sri Surya' Ramachandran, and in quick time merged into the sound system without much ado!
Tamil varnam in mohanam, TigerVaradachari's composition set the tone for the top quality music to follow, and the really concerted team effort!
Kamas(Seethapathe), Varali(Mamava), Sourashtra(Suryamurthe), Sahana(kandu kandu -- Dasar!), were very chaste, brisk and flawless in their presentation, as were Rasikapriya(Arul seyya Venum -- KaviKunjara, Koteeswara!) and Kharaharapriya(RamA neeyada), the two priya's rendered with amazing ease! Never a dull moment!
RTP, Charukesi, own pallavi lines with brilliant 'swara-akshara' technique (nee, pA, dA.....sa, dA.....in 'neepadambujam.... sadA'), and behag-sumanesaranjani-darbarikanada were absolutely befitting, charming 'midway', that flowed naturally into sudhadanyasi/udayaravichandrika, Dwijavanthi and hamsanandi own thillAna!
Own short compositions, and appreciative mention of Arasi, composer of one krithi presented, and Vidushi NeelaRamgopal, whose rendering was a guiding precedent(recorded), and a respectful mention of Guru's 'bani', and an im promptu, thoughtful 'dedication' of one item to a Rasika -- all of that, and the way the team of senior accompanists were more than encouraged and highlighted appropriately , made the concert totally top class! Violin, Mrudangam and Ganjira support was certainly 'A+ grade'!
Like the Charles Dickens character, one is left asking, "sir, please can we have more?"!