Adityanarayanan @ Raga Sudha hall, Right Now

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sureshvv

Adityanarayanan @ Raga Sudha hall, Right Now

Post by sureshvv »

https://youtu.be/JKE-dbMwQZc

Apoorva Krishna
Vineeth
Sunil Kumar (K)

Impressive start. Singing with Attitude ;)

hnbhagavan

Re: Adityanarayanan @ Raga Sudha hall, Right Now

Post by hnbhagavan »

Very nice rendering.Good violin support by Vidushi.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Great choice of ragas to start concert. Reethigowla, Mukhari & Sahana.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

cErarAvtE reminds me of the TMK, TS & KVG @ KGS performance available in Charsur. Looks like TMK 1.0 is quite relevant and popular ;)

Great sound production and effect in mukhari!!

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Shabari pronounced as Sha-bha-ri though :( Needs to be fixed.

melam72

Post by melam72 »

shankarank wrote: 29 May 2017, 22:44 cErarAvtE reminds me of the TMK, TS & KVG @ KGS performance available in Charsur. Looks like TMK 1.0 is quite relevant and popular ;)
The highest proponent of TMK 1.0 is Madhav Iyengar. I listened to (interestingly enough) Bale Balendu in BGS last season. Right from the attire, to the voice, to the movement of non-singing parts of the body, he is a TMK clone.

pperumal

Post by pperumal »

No doubts about it.
Where is the whole "bANi" of his guru - the great Vidushi Suguna Varadachari?
Makes one wonder - that even though a student inherits a great lineage (the great musuri parampara), the stylistics of concert presentation are influenced by the ruling kings of the kutcheri arena ;)
Sigh!!!

- PP.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Perumal,
Is Madhav a student of Suguna Varadachari as well?

melam72

Post by melam72 »

arasi wrote: 31 May 2017, 00:34 Perumal,
Is Madhav a student of Suguna Varadachari as well?
No. Adithyanarayanan is.

pperumal

Post by pperumal »

yes, i was referring to Adithyanarayanan here. thanks for clarifying.
- PP.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Actually last time I heard him at the academy mini hall, he was more Musiri. ;) Has come into his own now!

Rakesh Chari

Post by Rakesh Chari »

Oh!! This boy S Adithyanarayanan just 19 years old...
I started following this boy from the cleveland performance...He sang a Kedara gowla which is still in my head. He has something in him.. Leave the TMK part in his body gesticulations...
The concert list
1. Cheraravatemira - Ritigowla (rousing bout of swarams)
2. Entha ninne - Mukhari - Ragam 13min, Neraval and swaram another 20 min at 'Kanulaara Sevinchi'
3. Urakke Galguna - Sahana - Ragam 12 min, Vilambamaana rendering Rarely heard Thyagaraja piece.
4. Paridhaana micchite - Bilahari - Fast paced
5. Koluva Maregadha - Thodi - Ragam 17 min, Neraval Swaram - at 'Thambura Chekkoni' and Thani
6. Bhajare Re Manasa - Abheri
Mangalam
I loved the boys confidence in handling Mukhari and Sahana. I have heard Musiri's Entha ninne recording. He demonstrated 'Musiri Bani'. I saw a comment about 'Bani' in this thread..I dont believe so. I would urge him to please hear out Musiri's rendering. In 2 - 3 instances during the alapana and neraval, typical of musiri's singing this boy revelled in singing the phrases which when sung will demonstrate Musiri school. Hear out the neraval in 'Kanulara sevinchi'. It definitely has Musiri and suguna stamp. Coming to Sahana, the boy sang confidently and with chaste. I could observe that he aligned himself with the composition while singing the ragam brilliantly. I have heard Smt Suguna varadachari sing Urakke in same Nada Inbam and I would urge that person to hear that rendering. In my opinion the boy did full justice to his guru. I saw his guru enjoying his rendering every minute of it. The pace he took to render the composition is not easy to maintain...I must appreciate the accompaniments here...Man, that young girl, Apoorva, from Bangalore was very good and Vineet and Sunil played perfectly as required to enhance the music.
If I have to nit pick...Let me add to what a member said about Sha-ba-ri...Atleast in one place in 'Cheraravate' he split the word as Cheraravate 'Mira'. I also felt that he need not have taken up both Mukhari and Sahana in the same concert...He was brilliant with lots of ideas in Mukhari and Sahana, but both of them demanded a similar pace of the raga rendition. In atleast one place his sruti slipped and offchourse he ensured that he repeated that difficult phrase while singing sahana. But I will give it to him...in a 2 and half hour concert, I dont see them to be a major concern and he can address these with diligence.
Now comes his TMK'sh gesticulations...I would leave it as long as someone has music..When he can sing mukhari for 10+min and Sahana for 12 min and thodi for 17 min, and not just sing, but bring out the beauty of the ragam by holding the audience, he has music in him. His neraval were not ordinary. He cannot copy phrases that he sang, from someone else... In the long run, I do see potential in this boy to evolve his own...In fact, I downloaded an MP3 of this vedio and listened to avoid me to be biased about TMK'ish.. :) Let us give him time and not pull him down by talking about his mannerisms and not music.
Apoorva on violin was very good and very adept in closely enhancing whatever Adithyanarayanan sang. Her solos as well as reponses during neraval and swaram were very good. Again..to nit pick..she has to check on sruti lapses..but remember, she was trying some tough phrases extempore..she too repeated and ensured to demonstrate that she knows what she is doing.
Vineet was excellent with the way he embellished each piece along with sunil. I hope this becomes a team going forward. Entire team has a great future. Thani...it was interesting..they have to take little more care during kuraipu...But, Overall effect was one of grandeur..
This is my first long participation in a discussion/review after joining rasikas...Namaskarams to all.