The Man(dolin) Strummer

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
melam72

The Man(dolin) Strummer

Post by melam72 »

Raga Sudha Hall.

Live Blog of Aravind Bhargav, Mandolin.

M Narmadha, Triplicane Sekhar (tavil). S Sunil Kumar.

Sublime alapanai of Kalyani followed by Ganapathe Mahamaye.

Plays a lot like his guru U Shrinivas; hopefully he doesn't resort to belting out Raghuvamsa Sudhas at high speeds :lol:

Will blog until I go to sleep (I have a class to teach tomorrow); urge other listeners to take up this mantle once I am gone.
Last edited by melam72 on 01 Jun 2017, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

melam72

Re: The Mandolin-Strumming Man

Post by melam72 »

Unfortunately, I just learnt that my class has been pre-poned.

Will post concert review in full tomorrow.

Sivaramakrishnan

Re: The Man(dolin) Strummer

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

melam72,
Presume you teach Carnatic music.
(am not aware if you have mentioned about your interests elsewhere in rasikas forum)

melam72

Post by melam72 »

Sivaramakrishnan wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 21:04 melam72,
Presume you teach Carnatic music.
(am not aware if you have mentioned about your interests elsewhere in rasikas forum)
Dear Sir

I am a History teacher in a local school, but I am also asked to substitute and organise training seminars for History teachers across Singapore. We have a strong school policy about not being allowed to use social media (since students can track us down). Hence the pseudonym.

ananths

Post by ananths »

melam72 wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 18:39

Plays a lot like his guru U Shrinivas; hopefully he doesn't resort to belting out Raghuvamsa Sudhas at high speeds :lol:
If you cannot respect his music, atleast have some respect for the departed soul.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Can melam72 perform better than those performing artists on whom drastic comments are passed.True this forum is to express one's views on concerts and performers.But these have to be with in gracious limits.The way comments are passed and if they are accepted there will be no performers left and you might have to request god to send back some past masters!