Parivadini Live - Vid. Manda Sruthi Ravali @ Naada Inbam - 22nd Jun 2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

22.06.17 - Thursday
6.15 p.m. NAADA INBAM – Manda Sruthi Ravali
Sahana Vasudevan, Guru Raghavendra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVzdDEp0l38

Slokam - ?? - Bhupalam [?]
Slokam - Sadguru Gajasya Vani - Nattai
Pavanathmaja - Chala Nattai [S] - MD
Muddumomu - Suryakantham - T
Sendhil Aandavan - Karakarapriya [A, NS @ kOla mayil vAhana karuNAlavAla shIlan] - PS
Parvathi Ninnu Ne - Kalkada - SS
Sri Mathrubhutham - Kannada [AS]
Kaddanuvariki - Thodi [A, NS @ niddura nirAkarinci mudduga tambura baTTi]
Thani

First time hearing Manda Sruthi & Sahana.

My thoughts, the alapanas were of a rendumkattan kalapramanam that was neither here nor there. Way too slow, unnecessary pauses and at a point I was, YEAH YEAH GO ON. I also think there was some noticeable shift in kalapramanam during the krithis as well, can anyone else confirm this please?

Was good to hear Senthil Andavan & Parvathi Ninnu ne.

sankark

Re: Parivadini Live - Vid. Manda Sruthi Ravali @ Naada Inbam - 22nd Jun 2017

Post by sankark »

MaheshS wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 23:57 My thoughts, the alapanas were of a rendumkattan kalapramanam that was neither here nor there. Way too slow, unnecessary pauses and at a point I was, YEAH YEAH GO ON. I also think there was some noticeable shift in kalapramanam during the krithis as well, can anyone else confirm this please?

Was good to hear Senthil Andavan & Parvathi Ninnu ne.
thOdi AlApanai seems at the right consistent pace, no rendumkettanthanam IMO. pArvathi ninu nE though is a little faster than usually heard. senthil Andavan - was certainly a pleasant surprise and her diction was superb.

sureshvv

Re: Parivadini Live - Vid. Manda Sruthi Ravali @ Naada Inbam - 22nd Jun 2017

Post by sureshvv »

Concert started great and I was very impressed by her stylistic improvements. Kharaharapriya came early and I thought there would be an RTP to follow. But that did not happen. Main started quite late and would up a bit early. So there was a "rendumkettanthanam" of a different kind. But certainly an artiste to follow.

Sahana's playing was a bit soft and seemed tentative at times. May be it was the amplification in the hall. Was good to hear Guru Raghavendra after a gap. May be he was away on overseas assignments.

"Sadguru gajasya vani" is fast becoming a slokam on everyone's lips.