Madhuradhwani -Trichur V Ramachandran Vocal - 24th June 2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
melam72

Re: Madhuradhwani -Trichur V Ramachandran Vocal - 24th June 2017

Post by melam72 »

sureshvv wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 08:58
Diversionary tactic!

From what?
sureshvv wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 08:58
Nope! The only expectation is that they grace the auditorium with their presence.
I hope your students get their lessons on grace and etiquette somewhere else.
My students come to class with grace and etiquette, and that is what they get back from me- grace and etiquette.

You exhibit your coprophilic tendencies at the drop of your hat, especially when there is a whisper of criticism whether anyone wants it or not- and that is what you get back from me - faeces.

You get what you give to me, so put up or shut up.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Diversionary tactic because we were talking about the artiste on their sole merit. Nothing to do with anyone else (their guru or sishya or anyone else) whom you tried to insinuate in the discussion.

And for god's sake, get your quotations right. Ironical that with such a clumsy and perfunctory style of posting, you are criticizing anybody!

melam72

Post by melam72 »

sureshvv wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 13:29 And for god's sake, get your quotations right. Ironical that with such a clumsy and perfunctory style of posting, you are criticizing anybody!
Looking forward to you enlightening me with your infinite wisdom on how to use quotations :roll:

melam72

Post by melam72 »

It all comes down to the Theory of Multiple Intelligences, I guess. People like the most of you can go beyond the technicalities and focus on the music, while, for me, the technical (i.e. the superficial) level needs to be perfect to go down to the more implicit level.

To each, their own...

CRama

Post by CRama »

Enough mud slinging by melam72 to display his arrogance. The blog of Mohan Santhanam shows another dimension to the concert of Sangeeta Kalanidhi Thrissur Ramachandran.
Mods, Please, the thread my be closed.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Thank you. Will be interesting to hear the concert from youtube again with this as reference.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

sureshvv wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 18:24
Thank you. Will be interesting to hear the concert from youtube again with this as reference.
Before commencing his tani, magnanimous as ever, and completely mindful of the fact that the super-senior doyen M.Chandrasekharan was in full form that evening, the artist and the rasika in Thiruvaarur Bhaktavatsalam made him deferentially request the violin ace to play the korappu segment.

M.Chandrasekharan, initially hesitated citing, ‘’nAzhi AyiDuttE’’ to which the mridangam maestro promptly responded with his broad characteristic grin, ‘’ungaLukku ellamE exempt!’’

Voila! And then we fortunate audience were treated to M.Chandrasekharan plunging into his version of Todi through swaras and korvai.

This.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

A brief but very attractive alapana of Begada followed and the kriti was the Muthuswami Dikshitar masterpiece tyagarajAya namastE. For me the different pATHAntaram made the appreciation all the more keen. My revered guru T.R.Subramanyam’s version, I realized, was quite different and as Trichur Ramachandran befittingly rendered the kriti in a calm and unhurried manner, I was taken back to the year 1990 when some of us students of TRS had had the fortune of sitting behind him as he sang the kriti at the sanctum sanctorum at Thiruvaarur.
sat-cit-sukha vyAptayE was front loaded with extra kArVais and compressed in later part - interesting has its own beauty - , while I was asking if reverse is possible.. here: http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic ... 03#p313700

Talk about varying pATantarams on the so well notated Dikshitar ! ;)

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

"Looking forward to you enlightening me"
This brought to my mind three unconnected memories.
In London, a friend told me, 'If you are entirely new to driving, it is easy to learn it here. If you have learnt it in India, it will be tough.'
The second is a joke. A man was rolling on thinnai in apparent discomfort. A passerby asked him what his problem was. The 'roller' replied that his stomach was full up to the neck and he had digestion problem. The passerby advised him to drink some water. The 'roller' said, 'If there was room for water, I would have eaten two more vadas.'
The third is a proverb: One may take a horse to the water, but cannot make it drink.
Rasikas may kindly excuse my digression.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

melam72 wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 14:07
sureshvv wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 13:29 And for god's sake, get your quotations right. Ironical that with such a clumsy and perfunctory style of posting, you are criticizing anybody!
Looking forward to you enlightening me with your infinite wisdom on how to use quotations :roll:
You have done it correctly here. Compare this to the post at the top of the page. You just need to be careful about where you open and close quotes so you don't put words in other people's mouths. This is the sa pa sa of forum etiquette :)

@Mods: Don't we have post numbers any more to refer to individual posts inside a thread easily?

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

Hearing to concert since past two plus hours. Can't find any fault, actually I'm enjoying every bit of it. Not able to get past thodi, as I have to rewind multiple times for repeated hearing..... Solid vintage concert...

mohan

Post by mohan »

Thanks for posting the video link. Really enjoyed the Latangi and Todi pieces which clearly had the TVR classic stamp. There is still a magic in his alapanas that younger musicians are unable to produce.

varsha

Post by varsha »

https://archive.org/details/TrichurMcRa ... oreConcert
blast from the past
TVR was once like this.A Gladiator in front of a wildly cheerig , blood thirsty audience .
As I saw this video , I noticed all the issues discussed here .
But we forget his needs.
He must have put on that dress after a long long time.
He must have gone through precious old emotions again
Old Age requires very little.
But it requires that little .... very badly.
https://archive.org/details/TKJayaramaIyer

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

Oh boy!! What a stupendous harikambhoji. Mind blowing stuff, unimaginable music. The expressions of trichur when MSG plays swarams and the enjoyment ....

What a team : Trichur - MSG - TKM - V Nagarajan

https://youtu.be/AD_Brma-yX8

A purvikalyani, a thodi, a shanmugapriya, a varnam in natakurinji....

TKM and V Nagarajan simply brilliant.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Amazing stuff! Thank you for the link.

pperumal

Post by pperumal »

Well, I follow a simple principle.
When in doubt, I avoid going to the concert - rather than go and 'polambify' :)

- PP.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

sureshvv wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 16:20 Amazing stuff! Thank you for the link.
Don't miss the part 2. Thodi is brilliant and the thaniavarthanam too... amazing stuff.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

pperumal wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 17:19 Well, I follow a simple principle.
When in doubt, I avoid going to the concert - rather than go and 'polambify' :)

- PP.
In this case, the "polambal" was after watching the video :)

narayan

Post by narayan »

Enjoyed the current concert as well as blasts from the past. While there are so many talented younger singers these days, it is nice to hear the polish of many years displayed by the veterans - even if they may not be able sing all that they wish to. But the flashes of brilliance are enough to sustain.

On a related note, regarding this thread, I have occasionally wondered why "soft spoken" - mridu bhasha - was considered such a big thing (used in conjunction with grand virtues like protecting the world!) - I think it is because being soft spoken is as important. Certainly as I grow older, I appreciate this virtue more and more.

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

Magnificent concerts! The current and the old ones. The magic is still very much there with Shri TVR. For sure, it is Music from another generation!