Purandara Darshana- Musical Extravaganza by KFAC

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
nadasurabhi

Purandara Darshana- Musical Extravaganza by KFAC

Post by nadasurabhi »

Dear Friends,

Nadasurabhi is proud to announce that we are one of the participants of the grand musical festival "Purandara Darshana" being held by KFAC. It is a three day event wherein senior artists from karnataka and elsewhere converge in Bangalore to celebrate the contribution of Sangeetha Pithamaha Saint Purandara Dasa.

Highlights:

1. Over 40 cultural programmes are scheduled to take place.
2. All leading artists will participate and pay their musical obeisance to Saint Purandara Dasa.
3. Several hundreds of students of music will participate in Group presentations
4. The event is of unparalleled size any where in the world to celebrate Saint Purandara Dasa
5. The programme is planned and executed by Karnataka Fine Arts Council, consisting of a group of ten leading music sabhas of Bangalore. This is a unique cooperative movement for the cause of Indian Classical arts.
6. Programmes will be in the following categories:
a. Carnatic music- Vocal and instrumental
b. Hindusthani music- Vocal and instrumental
c. Classical dance.
d. Gaana Pravachana- Musical Discourse
e. Pravachana- Discourse
f. Group presentations.

Dates: 7th, 8th and 9th July 2017

Venue: Karanji Anjaneya Swami Temple, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru.

Full details can be seen in the attached invitation.

Kindly circulate in all possible modes to your friends and relatives, so that it reaches every single person who is devoted and appreciative of the greatest Indian art forms. This is the treasure that India has to offer to the whole world. ENTRY FREE.

Looking forward to seeing you at the venue. Please participate and support this unique event in whatever possible way you can.

Sincerely,
President, Nadasurabhi,
Bangalore.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

CLICK TO ENLARGE

rshankar

Re: Purandara Darshana- Musical Extravaganza by KFAC

Post by rshankar »

Wow! Best wishes!

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I am going. To most sessions 🙂

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I attended today.
About 500 people had come to sit in a well constructed shamiana (good chairs!) with multiple live-feed screens and camera/audio by DD/AIR.

The shamiana adjoins the lovely temple.

All functionaries were present throughout from all 10 member sabhas of KFAC.

All artistes were good and stuck to their time slots. Sri Krishna Prasad would walk up to give a vote of thanks to each performing team and welcome the next group of artistes. It was also a cue/reminder (antakana dootarige kinchittu dayavilla!😀)

I liked MS Sheela's concert quality, TSS's thoughtful presentation in lovely Kannada and Venkatesh Kumar's mind-blowing singing of 2 Purandaradasa kritis. He got a long ovation.

There is an eatery stall outside.

I expect a huge crowd tomorrow and the day after.
Come one, come all!

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Pt. Venkatesh Kumar sang
mūrutiyanu nillisō - kāfi
kaliyugadali - bhimplasi

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Fabulous atmosphere, over a thousand people soaking it in. Nagaraj Havaldar, Vanee Satish, Sangeetha Katti now, NSG next and then Nirupama Rajendra dance follows...

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Sachi_R wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 19:56Nirupama Rajendra dance follows...
bharatanATyam, bharatanRtyam, or Kathak?

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

It was a 30 minute Harikatha in Kathak style, presenting facets of Ramayana to some wonderful music (mostly Hindustani style, except the Mukhari Enta Nine.. Shabari) sung by Vijay Prakash and Varijashree. Nirupama and Rajendra gave an unforgettable performance. There were over 1000 people cheering them.
Sangeetha Katti sang BRILLIANTLY.
The three stand-out performances thus far, enunciating the very meaningful lyrics, preserving the bhava, and singing with infinite musical impact: Venkatesh Kumar, Nagaraj Havaldar, Sangeetha Katti. All Hindustani.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

I liked Venkatesh Kumar and Nagaraj Rao Havaldar. I believe Parameshwar Hegde was exquisite too (didn't attend). I enjoyed Rudrapatnam brothers too.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I missed Parameshwar Hegde and Rud. Bros.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Sachi sir, disclosure: I am a fan of Rudrapatnam brothers' music. It has been organized extremely well. Kudos to all the sabhas who have gotten together. Our Sabha, Vishesha is coordinating tomorrow morning. Come one - come all - it is a sight to behold. Not to mention the stalls by By2Coffee is a runaway hit.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Grand finale this evening, with the largest crowd so far enjoying the Purandara Darshana.
Today I heard: Kailvalya Kumar, S Shankar (sthala deva stuti- Sringeri Sarade, Arunachala, Tirupati Srinivasa, Malur Aprameya), Jayatirth Mevundi, watched the dance by Bharatanatyam ensemble under Smt. Bhanumati, and the GRAND finale of Vijay Prakash, the popular playback singer with a wonderful voice, singing pure classical music!
Smt. Bhanumati had choreographed Chandrachuda Shiva very well (ragas Shankarabharana etc.).

Vijay Prakash sang a chaste Simhendra Madhyama raga, and followed with a very good song "Kandena Achyutana" in khanda chapu, with swaras! He sang a very innovative Adisadalu Yashode in Kapi with Hindustani style taans. Then he invited his guru Sri Bellary Raghavendra on stage to sing the Mangala- they sang a very sedate, evocative, prayerful Mangala in Madhyamavati.

A lot of recording done, will be telecast by DD Chandana and AIR. Also Shaale will archive it and release the recordings in one month.

43 concerts by 350 artistes in 3 days attended by a thousand and more people, held in a beautiful temple, the audience sitting glued to their seats and soaking up an all -Purandara Dasa fare, set and sung to so many classical ragas, presented with so much enthusiasm. Hats off to Kalavanta! They have promised to bring it back bigger and better in 2018.

For me, the BEST performance has to be that of Pandit Venkatesh Kumar. He sang 2 songs, but the presentation will be remembered for a very long time.

I leave you with a Youtube track - this same song was presented by Sangeetha Katti very well:
https://youtu.be/L8fbBfeSHjU

arasi

Post by arasi »

karava mugiyutEne.

Wish I were there, of course! Bengaluru music organizers come together in harmony. A lot of hard work and enthusiasm goes into organizing such akhaNDa-s and Bengaluru naturally pulls it off with aplomb...:)

Waiting for the streaming...

g_g,
Hope lots of people were there today too.