Vijaysiva, for Kedaram @ RS Hall, 09/Jul/2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sankark

Vijaysiva, for Kedaram @ RS Hall, 09/Jul/2017

Post by sankark »

with Embar Kannan, JV & S Krishna

shlOkam in kEdaram sakalabhuvana nAyakA Adi, k nadai
mAmavasatatam ns@srimadhi
varALi mAmava mInAkshi n@shyAmE shankari
ekkAlattilum maravEnE
mukhAri kArubAru
sItamma mAyamma s@pallavi
s'bharanam shankarachAryam ns@parama gnAna lathAlavAlam tani
virutham vAniLavarasu kuttan bhairavi, ?, kApi jagadOdhAraNa
Adipasupathi thiruppugazh
apArakaruNasindhum
one more thiruppugazh
mangaLam + svasti prajApya

It was a VS concert. Not an iota more, not an iota less. What more to say?

CRama

Re: Vijaysiva, for Kedaram @ RS Hall, 09/Jul/2017

Post by CRama »

sankark wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 09:49 It was a VS concert. Not an iota more, not an iota less. What more to say?
That describes it. Mukhari was top. Both alapana and kriti. Sankaracharyam- After M.S, very few people sings this. Hence much enjoyed. The first song in Kedaram is of Papanasam Sivan.
In the slokam, it was Bhairavi, Paras and Kapi. Last Tirupugazh was Nirai madi mukham in Hamsanandi.
Adipasupathi- was it a Tirupugazh. I dont know.

It was Housefull concert with peoole sitting/standing all over in stage, steps, sideways etc. An excellent concert for two and half hours.

sankark

Post by sankark »

CRama wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 12:22
In the slokam, it was Bhairavi, Paras and Kapi. Last Tirupugazh was Nirai madi mukham in Hamsanandi.
Paras - yay! my guess was correct!

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

CRama wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 12:22
sankark wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 09:49 It was a VS concert. Not an iota more, not an iota less. What more to say?
That describes it. Mukhari was top. Both alapana and kriti. Sankaracharyam- After M.S, very few people sings this. Hence much enjoyed. The first song in Kedaram is of Papanasam Sivan.
Adipasupathi- was it a Tirupugazh. I dont know.

It was Housefull concert with peoole sitting/standing all over in stage, steps, sideways etc. An excellent concert for two and half hours.
Sankaracharyam - the Voleti's version and Brinda / Muktha's version is more melodious and beautiful.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

It was Vyasa(Guru) Poornima and so Shankaracharyam seemed to be the best selection for the day's 'main'.

Rendering of Kritis without any dilution in sangatis is a hallmark of the DKP/ DKJ school. Kaarubaaru, in this manner, came in as a wholesome treat from VS.

Embar Kannan beautified the Kapi for Jagadoddhaarana with subdued 'chorded' strains here and there.

J Vaidyanathan and young Krishna gave a sprightly Tani for an eduppu at 'arai idam' for the charana passage 'paramajnaana'.

Though VS had 2 Tamburas true to tradition for Sruti, the drone was perhaps available to him only. I felt that a separate mike shall be kept for Tambura for the listening pleasure of the audience.

Yes, I had never seen Ragasudha overflowing with discerning rasikas. The 'Gaanamazhai' kept one oblivious of the torrential rains outside.

sankark

Post by sankark »

Sivaramakrishnan wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 21:44 Yes, I had never seen Ragasudha overflowing with discerning rasikas. The 'Gaanamazhai' kept one oblivious of the torrential rains outside.
Waiting for 23rd - when it will be SV (Suguna Varadachari)'s turn to give us another gAnamazhai.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

If it is Adi pashupatiyagi azhivillA nIti, it is by Shuddhananda Bharati. What was the rAgA? Thanks.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Adi Pasupathiyagi-Chenjuruti

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Jealous! Jealous! Jealous! (from Bangalore) :)

sankark

Post by sankark »

gardabha_gana wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 21:46 Jealous! Jealous! Jealous! (from Bangalore) :)
from nvijaysiva.com

30th 6 30 pm Charumathi Raghuraman-violin Veena Vadhini Sampradaya
N Manoj Siva –mrudangam Sangeet Trust
S. Krishna –ghatam Thatvaloka Auditorium
Eldams Road, Alwarpet
(Live webstreaming of this concert likely for rasikas outside Chennai)

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Thanks sankark - am looking forward to it. I track his site - and alas - he rarely comes to bangalore. Sometime when I can afford the time, wouldn't mind traveling to chennai to listen to him....

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Raga Sudha Hall concerts are most often webcast in You Tube later, if not live streamed. I wonder if Vijay Siva would relent his obstinacy and allow webcast of the program for the benefit of rasikas who could not be there !

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Why should we call it obstinacy, sir? Many artists incl. some young ones do not agree for recording or archiving. It is their right. They are in a profession and have a legitimate interest in selling their service at a price they can command. I see the brighter side. So many wonderful concerts are available in the web and I wish I would have as many births when I can enjoy all of them. Missing out on a few does not seem to matter to me.