Musiri Chambers: Trichy Pradeep Kumar

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sreebeecane

Musiri Chambers: Trichy Pradeep Kumar

Post by sreebeecane »

I wonder why and how this guy isn't a sensation yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xqt06FqAHY

Supporting artistes are just gelling so well with him as well.

pattamaa

Re: Musiri Chambers: Trichy Pradeep Kumar

Post by pattamaa »

He is great musician, I live him. But he is much into fusion and film music etc...Not much concert opportunities

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

He's a disciple of laya giant Trichy J Venkataraman. Also had guidance from N Ravikiran. He's much sought-after in the contemporary music world but admirably keeps a balance with sampradaya sangitam. One to watch.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

He has been around for a while and has caught the attention of many discerning rasikas over the years. The "Abhishek" mania probably drew attention away from him (as also many other deserving artistes). But I am sure he will make his mark.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Abhishek mania? Quite interesting.

Then we have TMK syndrome, MBK fever, GNB lahiri, Semmangudi effect, Ariyakudi formula etc.

They do convey.

CRama

Post by CRama »

sureshvv wrote: 18 Jul 2017, 11:59 The "Abhishek" mania probably drew attention away from him (as also many other deserving artistes). But I am sure he will make his mark.
Why to blame Abhishek for this. RKMurthy, Kunnakudy BMK, Bharat Sunder etc have blossomed in front of Abhishek only.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

A friend of mine brought to my notice of how we Indians like the #1 brand so much that we won't settle for anything else - say a Sony TV, a Honda car etc. Seems to be true of CM as well :)

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

CRama wrote: 18 Jul 2017, 13:38 Why to blame Abhishek for this. RKMurthy, Kunnakudy BMK, Bharat Sunder etc have blossomed in front of Abhishek only.
No.. No.. Blame is on us rasikas only (and not just the forum users). Even the artistes you cite have to be careful not to become a clone or a lite version of the #1 artiste of the season.