S Srivathsan at Raga Sudha Hall

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
shriram.krishnan72

S Srivathsan at Raga Sudha Hall

Post by shriram.krishnan72 »

M Shrikanth - Violin
R Akshayram - Mridangam

Highlights:

The concert started with the Kalyani varnam. Next came Ramabhakthi which is always a pleasure to listen to. The swarams for the song were apt and captivating. After a short sketch of Surati came Angarakamashraya which was rendered in a crisp fashion. Karunaela had lovely neravals and the Janaranjani which followed had some good moments. Thyagarajam in Neelambari was my favourite song which was rendered in a soulful unhurried manner. Nadachi Nadachi preceded by a good exploration of Karaharapriya made the evening eventful. A true product of the Semmangudi bani

Positives:

A pleasant voice with a good range that sounds the same across octaves. A pleasant demeanour to go with it.

Good grasp of concert singing with adequate impact. Has all the right necessary ingredients in place.

Great understanding for sensitivity and aesthetics at his concert experience level.

A concert I came out feeling extremely happy. It was a beautifully poised concert. Kudos to Naada Inbam Jaya for bringing out such hidden treasures and providing them opportunities

Negatives:

My only negative was that the mridangam at times seemed off key and the playing out of place. But all in good time for the youngster.

Observation
All three of them were fine on the given day and have a long way to go in terms of fine tuning. But great prospects for the future.

Special Mention
Srivathsan the youngster who showed many good qualities has what it takes to be a successful musician. May he remain patient and continue treading this time tested path.

Here is the YouTube link for those who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0jBgmkCpOo

- SK72

musicisdivine

Re: S Srivathsan at Raga Sudha Hall

Post by musicisdivine »

Very well sung! Who is his Guru?

vijay.siddharth

Re: S Srivathsan at Raga Sudha Hall

Post by vijay.siddharth »

AS Murali.