V Navaneet Krishnan for Charubala Mohan Trust, 09.09.2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
advaitam

V Navaneet Krishnan for Charubala Mohan Trust, 09.09.2017

Post by advaitam »

V Navaneet Krishnan - Vocal
M Vijay - Violin
Palghat Sai Prasad - Mridangam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydG7NYysaGk

Concert for Charubala Mohan Trust. Arkay Convention Centre.

Select compositions of Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr. M.Chandrasekharan were presented, in a clean, well-planned manner. Manodharmam was brief but thoroughly effective, highlighting beautifully the fidelity of the vocalist to his musical lineage. Accompanists were spot on, ably following the vocalist all the way. It is unfortunate that we don't get to hear more of Navaneet's concerts in the concert circuit. A worthy vocalist who deserves rich patronage.

Compositions presented were:

Maravaa Varam Tharuvaai - Amrithavarshini - Adi [S]

Kailaasavaasane - Natakapriya - Rupakam

Maarakoti Sundari - Maalavi - Mishra Chapu

Paadhame Gathi - Lathaangi - Rupakam [R,N,S]

Chinthanai Cheidhaal - Suddha Saveri - Tishra Triputa [R,N,S,Thani]

Kuzhandhaiyin Iniyacchol - Behag - Eka talam Tishra nadai

arasi

Re: V Navaneet Krishnan for Charubala Mohan Trust, 09.09.2017

Post by arasi »

Yes, glad to hear about his concert. Did not know that Dr. Chandrashekharan was a composer until now!

Lakshman,
Do you have the lyrics? If not, Navaneet would provide them for sure...

jodha

Post by jodha »

Yes I know MC is a composer too.Once when questioned as to Why his compositions are not popular his reply was an innocent " naan menakkedalai ".
May I know some details about Navneet Krishnan.good singing.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Ah, he did? Well, those two little words from the sweet man say a lot :) I didn't do much about bringing them to people's attention--is what he meant. Makes a lot of sense. Coming to think of it, even the little I've done about my songs hasn't been effective:) Well, time will tell--in a hundred years, perhaps?

Navneet has also been a student of Radha Viswanathan. Haven't heard him in concert, but have met him.

advaitam

Post by advaitam »

jodha wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 08:22 Yes I know MC is a composer too.Once when questioned as to Why his compositions are not popular his reply was an innocent " naan menakkedalai ".
May I know some details about Navneet Krishnan.good singing.
Jodha - Navaneet Krishnan has been a disciple of Smt. Padma Narayanaswamy for quite many years now. As is evident from his singing, he has assimilated all that is great about the Ariyakkudi-KVN style of singing. He is a worthy representative of this rare and delectable singing style.