Vijay Siva at Coimbatore for Rajalakshmi Fine Arts

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
arvenky

Vijay Siva at Coimbatore for Rajalakshmi Fine Arts

Post by arvenky »

Rajalakshmi Fine Arts 2017
September Season
8th September 2017, Friday
Venue : Sarojini Nataraj Auditorium, Kikani High School
===============================================

Vid Sri Vijay Siva
Vidhushi Smt Charumathi Raghuraman
Vid Sri N C Bharadwaj
Vid Sri Sai Subramanian

Hoping it a 6.30 start I rushed well in time from work but a pristine purvi kalyani alapana was going on. Understood from a friend that this is third after natai and reethi gowla. And from here it was pure bliss. indha pArAmukham edhu came for purvi kalyani. After this he started mukhAri alapana and my job doubled, one of my favorite raga. ratnachala nayaka the krithi from mukhari. Quick filler came in hamsanadham and expecting next will be main what he will sing? Sankarabaranam and the day is done for me. What a majestic Sankarabaranam it was. Manasu swadhinamu came in for Sankarabaranam. Still no tani. He sung Velava Vinai Theerava, Keeravani, kotteswara Iyer. Oh my he will sing a rtp now but I have to catch a train in another hour and rain gods descending down already. I dont have any choice except to leave :-(

All the 3 alapanas from VS was just brilliant. Charumathi was equally eloquent in her returns and very melodic. Another violinist I will go miles to listen.

My mind was in the concert while I wading through heavy downpour and kept on checking what next from my friend. See the updated blog below for more details.

This is the best concert of this season here even though I could listen only for 2 hours. Best purvi kalayani, mukhari and sankarabaranam in the recent past. And VS is always VS right.

https://musingsfrommadampatti.wordpress ... %E0%AF%88/