Abhishek Raghuram@BayArea on Sept 10th,2017

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

--------------------------------------------
Vocal : Abhishek Raghuram
Violin : H N Bhaskar
Mrudangam : Patri Satish Kumar

Concert Type : Nirvana - No concert to follow , Paid concet
Day/Duration : Saturday/ 4 hours + with may be lot of minutes that got added exclusive of introduction
Sabha : SIFAS

I did not surely attend this concert . But hey these are all that can be cherry picked as great concerts as team performs 4 hours + pouring their ideas .
1. atana ???
2. satileni - naganandhini - T
3. rama nee sAmanamevaru - T
4. ninnu vina - todi - SS
5. RTP kalyani - pallavi line karimoralidaka. I think as before taanam was not sung by abhi but given to bhaskar .

This post is more to prompt fellow kumaris/kumarans and shrimathis/shriman rasikas who attended from the silicon valley, CA to post.I heard abhi sang the above list from a whats app chat, not sure of the order but this is all i could get from whatsapp. Also i would be grateful if some one also can post his simala concert a day before in LA .

hamsadhwani

Re: Abhishek Raghuram@BayArea on Sept 10th,2017

Post by hamsadhwani »

This is the complete list -

1) Sendhil mevum (varnam) - Neelambari - LGJ
2) vidulaku mrokkeda - Maya Malava Gowla - Tyagaraja
3) Rama nee samanamevaru - Karaharapriya - Tyagaraja
4) Adamodi galade - Charukesi - Tyagaraja
5) Devi brova samayamide - Chintamani - Syama Sastri
6) Ananda sagara meedhani - Garudadhwani - Tyagaraja
7) Ninnuvina sukhamugaana - Thodi - Tyagaraja
8) Chede buddhi - Atana - Tyagaraja (there was a brief thani here)
9) Sataleni dinamu - Naganandini - Tyagaraja
10) Ela Radayene - Bhairavi -
11) RTP - Kalyani, Natakurinji, Hindolam - Ragam was sung by Abhishek - Tanam by HNB - Pallavi followed by a second thani.

HNB's kalyani tanam was beautiful and was probably the most applauded portion of the concert!

Continuously, without break in between one song and another, after announcing he was going to sing a combination of various things amidst chuckles from the audience -
12) Veenai adi nee enakku - Maand - Mahakavi (Rajkumar Bharathi)
13) Allide nammane -Bhageshri - Purandara dasa (Pallavi Arun Kumar)
14) Thillana - Pahadi - LGJ
15) pati ki harathi re - Surutti - Tyagaraja
16) Mangalam

It was close to a 5 hour concert, with Abhishek gracefully agreeing to sing for longer than scheduled apparently, due to a football game that had traffic blocked through the routes to the concert venue. Even with all the difficulty in being able to get to the venue, it was well worth it.

narayara000

Post by narayara000 »

hamsadhwani wrote: 14 Sep 2017, 23:59
10) Ela Radayene - Bhairavi -
Ela Radayane is by Thanjavur Chinnaiah

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

5 HOURS!!!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

It was close to a 5 hour concert
My sources in whatsapp say it was 4 hours and 40 minutes or so inclusive of speech. Let us not slowly say that as 5 hours , we will ask sifas / sankritilaya to invite abhishek next time and let him be also asked to sing taanam and not give that to bhaskar despite his extraordinary play.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

did you mean the above two songs were actually tuned by Rajkumar Bharathi and Pallavi Arun Kumar? Tx hamsadhwani for your song list.

hamsadhwani

Post by hamsadhwani »

rajeshnat wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 07:20
It was close to a 5 hour concert
My sources in whatsapp say it was 4 hours and 40 minutes or so inclusive of speech. Let us not slowly say that as 5 hours , we will ask sifas / sankritilaya to invite abhishek next time and let him be also asked to sing taanam and not give that to bhaskar despite his extraordinary play.
I apologize. No intention to spread rumors or exaggerate! The person delivering the vote of thanks at the end mentioned it as an almost 5 hour concert and that kind of stuck in my head.

hamsadhwani

Post by hamsadhwani »

rajeshnat wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 07:24
did you mean the above two songs were actually tuned by Rajkumar Bharathi and Pallavi Arun Kumar? Tx hamsadhwani for your song list.
Yes, tuned by them.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

hamsadhwani wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 11:06 I apologize. No intention to spread rumors or exaggerate! The person delivering the vote of thanks at the end mentioned it as an almost 5 hour concert and that kind of stuck in my head.
11) RTP - Kalyani, Natakurinji, Hindolam - Ragam was sung by Abhishek - Tanam by HNB - Pallavi followed by a second thani.
No need to apologize hamsadhwani. you say close to 5 hours and then the next poster says wow 5 hours . I was told in whatsapp it was a 4 hours and 30 or 40 minutes concert .Was a single raga rtp in kalyani sung or did he do a fleeting bedham or two quick raga alapana changes into other two ragas that you have mentioned - nattaikurinji and hindOlam . I am not 100 % sure . could you clarify where the nattaikurinji and hindolam were sung?

hamsadhwani

Post by hamsadhwani »

Yes, RTP was mainly in Kalyani. He sang Kalyani very elaborately, and quite a few phrases and kanakkus of Nattakurinji. Hindolam was fleeting, yes. On the mel kalam swarams, he kept alternating between the 3 ragams, but Kalyani was dominant. It wasn't like a multi-ragam RTP, if that's what you are asking.

I am sorry, I am not knowledgeable enough to actually review a concert or use very technical terms. What info I provide is from the perspective of a very very lay rasika.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

hamsadhwani wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 11:58 Yes, RTP was mainly in Kalyani. He sang Kalyani very elaborately, and quite a few phrases and kanakkus of Nattakurinji. Hindolam was fleeting, yes. On the mel kalam swarams, he kept alternating between the 3 ragams, but Kalyani was dominant. It wasn't like a multi-ragam RTP, if that's what you are asking.
Perhaps if anyone does a fleeting bedham i would still call it single raga rtp . Since he moved in swaras for other two ragas I would have preferred to be called as Multi raga RTP . I can get the joy that each of you would have been when you were in this concert.I would not be exaggerating in calling this as a historic concert. Best wishes for the team they need rest to continue with their next week end of concerts.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

I am thrilled to see LGJ Sir's Neelambari Varnam .... what a class Varnam it is!