Pt. Godkhindi

Classical Music of North India
rshankar

Post by rshankar »

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/12/15/stor ... 940300.htm

I am sure Kji has some tracks around in his akshayapAtra....

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

sure , tracks are there in the akshayapatra.
But all commercial , though.
Folks in Bangalore can pick them at the stores- there are lots of albums.
especially the ones with 6-8 ragas- he invariably starts the raga with a film song and then proceeds to develop it into a khayal-druth composition.
another album with kadri-malkauns and tamboori meetidava comes to mind.

But it is his Dad -Pt Venkatesh Godhkhindi - who occupies a higher seat in my scheme of things.
I have heard him live in my native town of Harihar.
The local manager of "30 no Beedi Company" - a mangalorean , used to host late night concerts at his home (10pm to 1am) every month and this is where I first chanced upon this highly creative musician.
1993 , I missed out recording him live in the AIR Sangeeth Sammelan.That marwa still rings in my ears.
Yes he too was a very talented flautist , but like Rajendra Prassanna, Nityanand Haldipur , Devendra Murudeswar , lost his share of stardust , to another star who exploded on the scene at the same time-Chaurasia.

bngodakhindi

Post by bngodakhindi »

U r 100% correct Mr.. coolkarni.. Pt venkatesh godakhindi is master of bhav of the raag.. he is outstanding flautist.. He is my Guru.. I can say, he produces the bhaav of the raag in every single play...

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Whoopee !!!

can you request for a recording - if available - of his Marwa for AIR Sammelan in the early 90s.It is one of the most wonderful pieces of Music I have heard in my Life .

If not that , can you atleast coax him to allow you to upload ANY OTHER TRACK.
For a set of ears that has gone stale listening to the lone star in Chaurasia, my craving is intense ..
believe me.

Siddhesh

Post by Siddhesh »

Have you ever heard Devendra Murdeshwarji playing?

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Yes Of Course.Early 80s, I remember a few lovely National Programs.