hindi film music. music of film KHOYA KHOYA CHAND

Classical Music of North India
gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Based on a review in the"hindu" that the music of the film cited above, takes you to the golden days of hindi film music, I heard all the songs ,courtesy music india on line yes , the music is generally a welcome change from the synthetic music of the present day , the ear piercing percussion instruments dominating the entire show. music director has cleverly used the jazzy tunes of the golden period ,qawwali's and soothing classical raagas . the songs "nigahon me "by sonu nigam and antara, and the song "khushboo me "by Hamsika iyer reminded me of ite legend OP NAYYAR . The song"oh re paki "by sonu was like the famous "dukh man mera "by kishore.. the best of the lot is" saki piya "set in the raag maanj khamaj, I think, is excellent, can walk miles to hear that song . touhes your heart . lovely voices . though the songs are adaptations of famous old songs ., they are really enjoyable. gobilalitha

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

gobilalitha wrote:I heard all the songs ,courtesy music india on line yes , gobilalitha
Gobilalitha....could you please send me the link in musicindiaonline....I am unable to find the songs...thanks for the help. cheers ..Sam

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

MIO seems to be down...anyone else getting this message?

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

DEAR SAM, for the past 2 days, i am not able to tune music india online. I only get an error announcement. I HAVE EMAILED TO THE ADDRESS GIVEN FOR COMPLAINING. in case you get it after rectification go to hindi names of films in alpha betical order .choose khoya .. if you do not get it , try smashits .com . good luck.. in a sudden burst of joy I might have praised the songs highly but they are really good . how I wish the producer sends a cd to all of us!!! MUSIC IS BY SOUMITRA CHATTERJEE of PARINEETA fame gobilalitha

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

musicindiaonline has resumed gobilalitha

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Balu,
I just checked these songs, and they are very NICE!

Kji,
Is calE AO saiyyAn in gharA?