Venkatesh Kumar sings on feb 18th

Classical Music of North India
vijay

Post by vijay »

Thanks Coolji...have to wait until Monday for download though....

matterwaves

Post by matterwaves »

Youtube link of venkates kumar singing an awesome vachana in durga(composer allama prabhu)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aqcMtF5l1Ts&feature=related
you can listen to purya kalyan and a devaranama as well
Last edited by matterwaves on 28 Mar 2008, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

wow !!!
May God Bless You ....matterwaves

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Last edited by coolkarni on 28 Mar 2008, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

coolkarni, due to your numerous references and snippets, I have come to know about VK. I am not shy to admit that but for you I would not have known what a great singer he is. thanks. a rava kesari packet is sent b y jet flight from singapore.gobilalitha

matterwaves

Post by matterwaves »

thanks coolkarniyavare... i have much enjoyed reading your wrteups as much as your rapishare postings( esp KVNs).. i have heard venkates kumar sing a devaranama 'toredu jeevisabahude hari ninna charanagala' with such bhava that would turn an harderened atheist to a haribhakta. Could you please post it if you have?

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Gobilalitha
I remember the days when patronage for Hindusthani was so minimal even after I managed to convince Srkris for a separate section for HM.The first few months were so disappointing .
So it has always been my pleasure to put up these tracks.
matterwaves,,thats a commercial rendering so I wont take chances.Will see if I have a concert version.
Will upload A priceless track of vachanas sung by Basavraj rajaguru.I can bring in some more delightful stuff from the likes of Shivraj Gavai and Siddaram Jambaladinni-singing vachanas.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

hsuvarna

Post by hsuvarna »

Magnificent durga by Pt VK in that youtube snippet Indeed. The aalap was missing as matterwaves mentioned.

hsuvarna

Post by hsuvarna »

The durga piece was rare for me to listen lot of lyrics in HM style. Not in lighter style any means. Strong HM flavour.
Does Pt VK visit and sing outside India?

vijay

Post by vijay »

Yes it is indeed great to see more activity n the Hindustani threads. Coolji thanks and do keep them coming in!

matterwaves

Post by matterwaves »

Hi suvarna,
The person who posted the youtube video kindly passed me the whole of the audio version of it. I have uploaded the same in the link below
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lz3ux6

hsuvarna

Post by hsuvarna »

matterwaves wrote:Hi suvarna,
The person who posted the youtube video kindly passed me the whole of the audio version of it. I have uploaded the same in the link below
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lz3ux6
So nice of you matterwaves. I am downloading with all the glee. Thank you very much.

hsuvarna

Post by hsuvarna »

vijay wrote:Yes it is indeed great to see more activity n the Hindustani threads. Coolji thanks and do keep them coming in!
Indeed. From Cool-ji's posts, I could get to know of two highly meritorious HM artists Pt VK and Pt Shivanand Patil.
Great singing. The singing of Pt VK reminds me of DV Paluskar. Is he also from Dharvad?
Why is'nt there a thing like Dhawad Gharana like gwalior or jaipur, with so many great artists from this land? or is it already there and I am ignorant of that?

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Dharwar is indeed one of the hubs of Kirana Gharana.the linkage goes like this
Abdul karim Khan -who came down to Mysore- his disciple Sawai gandharv who was from Kundagol - a place few Kilometres away from Hubli-Dharwar---> Bhimsen Joshi , Gangubai Hangal ....
Venkateshkumar is more remniscent of Basavraj Rajaguru and yes you were spot on in comparing his voice to Paluskars.
VK teaches at the Karnatak University, which is in idyllic settings, in Dharwar.Other great artists from that area like Kumar Gandharv and Mansoor belong to different lineages though.
I will introduce Sripad Hegde and Kaivalya Kumar too , in a few days time.
Vinayak Torvi - you must have heard him.
In any case I do not have any non-commercial recordings of his.
Last edited by coolkarni on 30 Mar 2008, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

knandago2001

Post by knandago2001 »

Dharwad – that magical gateway between malenaadu and bayalu seeme
http://www.hinduonnet.com/folio/fo9811/98110160.htm

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Nandagopal
You make me homesick !!

hsuvarna

Post by hsuvarna »

knandago2001 wrote:Dharwad – that magical gateway between malenaadu and bayalu seeme
http://www.hinduonnet.com/folio/fo9811/98110160.htm
Indeed. There is something sweet in the 'Mitti" of Dharwad. My doubt is that they mix this mitty in that "Peda"
they make in Dharwad too. These guys singing gives me the taste of that "Peda".

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

the track in post 33 of rajaguru has another brilliant patdip.the second half is pure honey.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

hsuvarna
that mitti produces a kind of kannada that opens one heart to the limitless beauties of relationships .
wolag banree sahebra.erdu dina iddhogralla .namgoo thamp annisthadey.haada hacchalenu...
:)
you are so right.it is the soil there,that brings out the beauty in the simple pleasures of life.
Last edited by coolkarni on 31 Mar 2008, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.

vijayathanikar

Post by vijayathanikar »

hello.. i'm new to this forum... i'm a very great fan of pt.venkatesh kumar..and i've accompanied him on tanpura once or twice..

great see so many people posting their views abt him..

and tracks posted here are expired..

can u people tell wher i can get those tracks..

and i have around 15-20gb of his recorded collections.. anyone interested can get it from me..

Thanks....

vijay

Post by vijay »

Welcome to the forum, Vijaya! Why don't you upload some tracks on sendspace or some file sharing site?

vgovindan

Re: Venkatesh Kumar sings on feb 18th

Post by vgovindan »

Kanaka Dasa - Toredu jivisabahude - Venkatesh Kumar -

https://youtu.be/N5eeahOzFdo