H-Music

Classical Music of North India
coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Last edited by coolkarni on 27 Nov 2009, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

gmohan

Post by gmohan »

I bought this kishori hamsadhwani cassette sometime in 92 or 94, I think, in a small corner shop in Shivaji Park, Mumbai. I listened to this one at least once a day for several years, now I will search for this tape, tonight!

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

cool, that esnips link does not work for me. I get a 'bad link' error. Can you check it out please? Thanks.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Last edited by coolkarni on 23 Nov 2009, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Thanks.

Very nice!

I was reading the material that Ravi had mentioned about Music Instict program on PBS television. There was a passage there which I thought is relevant to the 'surprise' and 'uncertainty'
factor you had mentioned earlier. Inspiration can come from various sources and in some music cultures, music is so inter-twined with their lives that anyting they sing is contextual, inspiration-based and never the same the second time. I do not think ICM has lost that Space, Time and Context dependency but the extent of that dependency varies among the various genres.

-------------------------
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/musicinstinct/v ... -music/41/ Watch the short video here. The snippet of the relevant transcript is below.
-------------------------
when Yo-Yo (Ma) wanted to leave, when it was time to goâ€â€Â