Hindustani Forums Disappeared

Classical Music of North India
srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Hi All,

You might be wondering where the Hindustani Forums vanished.

Well, I'm sorry to point out that they haven't been having the kind of reception that I anticipated they'd have.

So I have compressed them all into this single section for Hindustani Music.

As and when interest in them picks up so as to warrant separate sections, I will reopen them. Right now it does not appear to be making any sense to leave them the way they were.

I hope people who love Hindustani Music are not offended. It's just that I like to keep things concise without making the website cluttered with too many forums for topics that are not of overall interest to many people.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

TiiK hai ji!

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

from twilight zone......

TO BROAD DAYLIGHT ...

AND A MAGNIFICENT CARNATIC LANDSCAPE...
GREAT SCENES...
X DRIVES...
SRJ's..
srkris
just finished repacking my HM cds. some other day .some other time , but i agree with you.thanks for that little space and all those thoughtful gestures..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Sorry coolkarni!
Ramakrishanan is right!
One twitter does not herald spring nor does one blade of grass. Just wait! The HM Sun will rise again though right now the (Abhirama BhaTTar's) Moon is ruling the firmament. Though the East may never meet the West, the North and South always exchange the Sun and the Moon. Then the sprouts will come! Hence be not in haste to pack your bags. Let us work underground in the seed-beds!

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Coolkarni,

I'm sorry again for merging all those sections into a single one, but that doesn't mean HM need not be discussed.

In fact I would love to see more HM discussed here so that it would become necessary to again open categories like the CM categories.

All that I meant was that each category had only a single thread and not much discussions were going on in them.

So I thought it would be better to make it look concise by merging them all.

But for you, I guess we wouldn't have had access to all the knowledge and music that we have had so far. So please dont pack your HM CDs and continue posting them. I'm not a VIP here, but you are.

Thanks for the understanding.

I hope you dont think I am acting arbitrarily.

chithra

Post by chithra »

Dear Sri CML, so many metaphors! Romba kushiyaga irukkarel pole irukke.......?

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

chitra!
CM Lover at heart is a Nature Lover and is essentially a People Lover.
He is trying not to lose the "cool" in the midst of the global warming!

chithra

Post by chithra »

I am mystified - what global warming? Naan konjam Tubelight - explain panna mudiyuma, CML sir? Please, don't give me another metaphoric-riddle as an answer.

Was thinking this morning (nanna thoonginaa mooLai konjam velai pannum; pudhu yochanigal thonrum). I enjoyed reading your explanation for Sri Vigna Rajam Bhaje. As you obviously know so much about the terms, references, Kshethra purana mentioned in CM songs, would you mind taking 2 songs a week, and explaining to us all. Pl...

Thanks,

Chithra

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

chitra

let me be explicit. Coolkarni talked about exiting from the twilight zone (CM/HM interface) into the broad daylight his Magnificent Carnatic Landscape) and hence the warming up of this forum towards CM with incoming SRJ lecdems etc., hence he wanted to pack his HM CDs.

I allegorically suggested that in spite of the (global) warming (to CM) we need the cool (signifying coolkarni our HM resource ) to tone down our super-hot CM enthusiasm.

I would love to discuss lyrics (especially sanskrit ones); and there is a great scholar in Tamil at sangeetham site who I may persuade to appear here too, and perhaps divakar can explain the beauty of Telugu for us. Then there is DRS who is a scholar on daasa saahityams. It is all a question of timing. let us wait!

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi »

I would like to know if anyone in this forum can guide me about the parellel ragas in Hindusthani music for our ragas,for example,what is the equivalent of Kalyana Vasantham?
Or,is there any authentic sites from where I can know these?
Thanks.

vijay

Post by vijay »

Sir, I believe Kiravani itself has been adopted relatively recently by HM artistes. Therefore I doubt whether Kalyanavasantham would have any parallels in HM but of course this is only a layman's opinion. At any rate, my CM HM comparison chart does not have any entries for Kalyanavasantham. However one of the "kaunses" (Chandrakauns?) would come somehwat close.

Perhaps we should point it out to them!

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi »

Thanks,Vijay:
I came to know thro Sri.Kulkarny and Arasi that the equivalent of Raga Jayanthasri is Pancham Kauns;It is quite refreshing to listen to this raga from the HM view.

And also,it paved me way to imagine how Kalyana vasantham will look like when they take it for elaboration;As you have told,an addition of Pancham in Chandrakauns.Aanandamaa irukkum.
Thanks,again.

vijay

Post by vijay »

Kalyanavasantham would certainly seem to be a good raga for elaboration in HM...I remember listening to an alaapana of Jayanthasri sometime back - the artist dwelt on Hindolam phrases for about half a minute before hitting the panchamam. Anandam as you say!

BTW, while on the subject sir, your own elaboration of Kalyanavasantham at PS Senior was quite breathtaking!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Hoping to hear another kalyanavasantham in the season from (guru) vidyaarthi...

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi »

Kalyanam is an auspicious word(mangalam or s'ubham) and Vasantham is spring;So,naturally this raga must be evoking a combination of these good feelings.

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi »

When I was looking into the book Raga Nidhi by Sri.B.subba Rao(Music Academy,Madras publication)in the pages where Raga Pancham Malakosh has been explained,a Marathi stage song "Madhusudhana He Madhava"which is said to resemble our "Marugelara" has been mentioned.

Can anyone help me with the recording of the same?
Thanks.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

NamaskAra vidyaarthi-avare

Please see this link

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:MB ... =clnk&cd=1

The song features in an album "SAkuntal tE kulavadhu" according to info in that link.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Would Cool oblige with an audio?

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

arasi: please check your email.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

I have a recording of Master Shantaram singing madhusudanA hE mAdhavA. But it is on a cassette.

shbnam

Post by shbnam »

Free Download Mp3 Songs
Free Online Latest Movies