IDEA Star Singer - Asia Net

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Second round of idea star singer is on now. [ idea star singer 2008. ] Vani jayaram and L R Easwari are the new judges.

ramya

Post by ramya »

Hey,

Can someone give me the lyrics of the song 'Nadam' and 'Raavil veena nadam' from the movie sindoora rekha directed by Sharath.They were sung in ISS 2007 and they were absolute melodies.Thanks so much.I think mallu guys could help with the lyrics.

bye

shadjam

Post by shadjam »

ramya wrote:Hey,

Can someone give me the lyrics of the song 'Nadam' and 'Raavil veena nadam' from the movie sindoora rekha directed by Sharath.They were sung in ISS 2007 and they were absolute melodies.Thanks so much.I think mallu guys could help with the lyrics.

bye
Lyrics are here: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/lr/20/2882/

ramya

Post by ramya »

Thank you but i wanted the lyrics for the other song 'nadam'.it was sung by a contestant in ISS.i goes like nadam,sama vedhaksharangal,poothu nilkuna .....

thank you

ramya

ramya

Post by ramya »

Can anyone give me the lyrics of the song 'nadam' from sindoora rekha???pls

thanks
ramya

Adidaivam

Post by Adidaivam »

IDea Star Singer 2008

Permanent Judges are

M.G.Srikumar --- the singer

Ouseppachan ---- Malayalam Music Director

P.Unnikrishnan ---- the singer (Carnatic & Filmy)

then, L.R. Eswari, Sujatha & Vani Jayaram (all singers) comes and goes one by one so far.

regards

Adidaivam

Post by Adidaivam »

Those who would have seen the grand finale of Idea Star Singer, can you pls explain how the documents of the flat were able to be presented to Najeem by Confident Group immediately when he was declared the winner by Dr. Bala Murali Krishna? The gift was in Stamp Paper and obviously, it must be the title deed in the name of Najeem for the flat. How instantaneously they could prepare it on the spot, is baffling me…..

Yes, it is crystal clear that Najeem was decided to be the winner and the gift was prepared well in advance. The "drama" of the selection of winner by sms+marks was just to fool us. Asianet was able to get around 8 lakhs sms for all the participants and assuming a meager income of Rs. 2.50 per sms to Asianet (SMS to Idea star singer in India costs Rs 5 and sms from gulf countries no need to tell!), they would have bagged Rs 20 lakhs easily, just only from the Grand Finale!!

The well wishes filed a case against Asianet and Judges in the Attingal court, for cheating the musicians and contestants

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Two days back one contestant [ khadar?] during performance round on other languages sang an arabic song. It resembled at few places our Karahara priya. I expected the judges Unni and sarath would mention this. I am interested to know our forumites views on this if they had a chance to listen . IMO Chinese music mostly resemble our carnatic raga [ mohanam ? ]
Thanajvooran

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Our judges should learn a lot from their counterparts in Hindi channels. Those judges not only enjoy the performance also do encourage the participants. Here all the judges are tight faced without any expression as a poker player. IMHO the remarks by sarath is little pungent. ousi pachan is an exception.
Thanjavooran

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Y'day there was a cake cutting function in connexion with 150 th episode. The highlight of this progm was a skit by four persons dressed like the four permanent judges . Usha udup and sarath's roll were very apt . Quite enjoyable. The contestants selections are getting tougher in every stage.
Thanjavooran

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Sarath's comments are becoming very strong nowadays. No doubt he is a great singer and also a disciple of BMK. He tortures the young contestants by his strong words. This was also pointed out by one of the guest celebrities Y'day

Thanjavooran

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Idea Star Singer 2008

Sonia and Vivekanandan
The function was a live telecast and lasted for 5 hrs and 30 mts.
Thanjavooran

subramanianpp

Post by subramanianpp »

For folks who are interested the next edition of the ISS is on. this time the judges panel has been enriched(a very very high degree of understatement ) by none other than K S Chitra. What a humble human being despite such great great achivements in then field of music. The particpants are yet to make their marks despite so many rounds. Of course other two judges are old timers Sreekumar and Sharath. Wish u happy listening and viewing

SubramanianPP

thanjavooran

Re: IDEA Star Singer - Asia Net

Post by thanjavooran »

Yesterday season 4, 14th round elimination event. After narrowing down the list to two the left overs were Danny and Chikka. One should be out. While announcing the result the coordinator Ranjani mentioned that it is most unfair judgement for Chikka to be out on this round. Srikumar one of the judges also mentioned that Chikka was good as compared to Danny during her travel in all these rounds. This caused little flutter and Danny was out of mood and did not relish the comment made by them. There was some editing in the telecast and finally Danny half heartedly accepted his advancing to the next round. This could have been avoided had the VIPs thought twice before offering such comments.

Thanjavooran
18 05 10

raghavt

Post by raghavt »

Hi,

I stumbled upon this thread... I'm sure almost all of you will not agree to my views. Still let me write my views:

ISS is a good exposure to all the participants in the sense, they get a stage wherein they get noticed. But I pity the way judges comment on the performance except a few... Viewers who do not have any idea about CM or ragas would think that the comments and technical aspects that the judges say are great things. But in reality these are the very basic things... So, I don't find anything great in their commenting capability. Any layman who has fine laya and raga sense can very much point out if the Shruthi or Tala goes... So, let us not talk about the greatness of the judges in passing comments.

The only guy who has got stuff is Mr.Sharath; he has demonstrated his skills as early as in the film Pavithram and also, he is a student of BMK sir. MG Sreekumar :grin: I would not rate him even a 3rd class when it comes to classical music. He does not have the right pronounciation, right bhavam and more over the Gauravam or Grip. He sings krithis as if he is singing some film song - that is his biggest drawback. And he thinks he is a perfecto in CM :grin:
And Chitra Ma'm (who is my favourite), she also cannot handle krithis perfectly.

At one instance, I heared Mr. Sharath asking a participant about Tisram and Chatusram or some thing like that. He should sit with people who knows stuff and then ask these questions rather than pointing queries to poor participants who even don't have formal scientific training of CM.

Neverthless, the program is a hit and the channel and idea are minting money by fooling the people who are ready to be fooled. For the judges its easy money, sit and relax on a chair and pass comments on kids who are newbies :grin:

And we got a new word - Sangati - (in Malayalam they pronounce it little different - nga is pronounced as ing as we say having ) Many of the participants do not know what it is, but they attempt. Its really pathetic... and look @ the pronounciation, its sanGati and not as I mentioned earlier

Well Done ISS, Asianet and Idea and Well Done viewers... by making such programmes a big success. Now ISS need to graduate to Indian Idol, where judges fight and do all the drama :) They are crying whenever some people are ousted :D Let them bring the fighting aspect as well.... not sure how it will go down with our Great Viewers.

Overall Good Job in fooling :clap:

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Chobi John was the winner of One Crore villa in season 4. Srinath and Preethi Warrior were runners. SPB was the chief guest. Season 5 starts from today with 39 contestants out of which Two are from Tamil nadu.

Thanjavooran 02 08 2010

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Idea Star Singer season 5.
Yesterday a contestant, Ms. Aswithi sang a malayalam song. She missed a line. Somehow managed and completed with a short fumbling.. She became nervous and her hands were shivering to face the judges for their comments. Excepting Chitra and Usha Udup the other two judges made her restless by offering pungent remarks. It is high time that these judges learn or study human psychology. Or at least learn from their counter part in Indian idol episode.

Thanjavooran 13 08 2010

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

I missed this episode for quite sometime. Can any of our forumite update the present position viz, the number of contestants on the fray, judges etc. Advance thanx.
Thanjavooran 04 02 2011

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

Shri Sam swaminathan

Try at

http://www.malayalamlive.com/channels_a ... inger.html

venkatakailasam

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Shri Venkatakailasam,
Now I got it. ThankQ very much for the link.
with wishes,
Thanjavooran 07 03 2011

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

For season 5 one of the judges presently is Mano from chennai. He behaves like a joker especially when he appeared as a Chinese yesterday. His own fellow judges excepting Anuradha did not like his attitude. I consider this is an insult to the audience of chennai. This is my view.
Thanjavooran 20 08 2011

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Malayalees respect Tamils and the Tamil language but the reverse is not true. They are more knowledgeable in CM compared to the general Tamil population - now corrupted totally by dappankuttthu and gaana songs. Anuradha is doing a superb job and is the best among the judges... I agree Mano is the joker in the team :D

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Cm lover, sir, I beg to differ from you. On the other hand the reverse is true. Even tamilians who have settled in kerala (mostly inand around Palghat refer) to Tamilians as kizhakattikaran. Even though they are born Tmilians settled in kerala , they converse only in malayalam whenever they meet each other as if it is disgraceful to speak in Tamizh. Excuse me I am not sowing the seeds for a language war!!!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

IMHO Palghat Tamils (brahmins) speak MalTamil (malayalamized tamil). The Tanjoreans used to ridicule them for their language claiming that their Tamil was the authentic one. By far most educated Tamils speak only Tanglish these days. On the other hand malayalees generally speak only in almost pure malayalm among themselves. Blame the Tamils for the degeneration of the conversational Tamil language!

Yesterday in the 'Elimination' round of the IDEA two of the girls sang Tamil songs! Have you ever seen anyone singing a Malayalam song in a Tamil TV music competition? They do sing Telugu songs occasionally. Malayalees are more tolerant and broad minded....

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

SIR, i STAND CORRECTED .

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Season 5 Grand Finale today at 18 00 hrs. The final contestants are as follows
■Immanuel Henry
■Kalpana Raghavendar
■Mridula Warrier
■Akhil Krishnan
■Antony John

Thanjavooran 24 09 2011

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Who won?
It must be over now...
I am sure Kalpana came at least second...

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

YES. you are right. Kalpana Ragavendar won the title along with a crore worth of a flat. Though she secured very less support from SMS she was adjudged as the winner because of her excellent performance through out the season. Thank God . The famous Sarath is relieved of his duties in the forthcoming new season 6 and hence the contestants are safe from humiliation. Kalpana is the first lady candidate to win this title and also a non Keralite from Chennai. Wishing all the participants every success in their musical journey.
Thanjavooran 25 09 2011

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nx7jO9VBxI&feature=related
A song in an earlier round by Kalpana

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Congratulations to Kalpana! A very deserving award..
Keralites have shown that they rise above parochial affiliations!
Nice to hear the exit of Sharath and his half-baked comments on CM which are unsubstantiated!
Somebody post the winning performance on the Youtube...

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Kalpana Ragavendar in the finale if idea super singer 5
Has she fixed some instrument in her throat!!! MIRACULOUS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKVj_OdW21A

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

That was a combo of Bach and Handel..
Earlier she sang piece by Sharat which only a BMK could sing as she sang traversing all three octaves masterfully through sheer vocal power. She is simply brilliant.
it is time TN takes notice of their Gem who had to go to 'God's own country' to get recognized!

tkb

Post by tkb »

@gobilalitha - thanks for the lovely link! I think Ms Kalpana & Asianet has taken the quality of the Reality Show to a greater extent and thanks to Asianet channel & its judges to have awarded to a great choice as the winner!!!

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

' Season 6 ' declared open by Hariharan on 26th. 30 candidates are contesting. Jayachandran music director is one of the judges in the present panel besides Anurdha sriram.

Thanjavooran 27 09 2011

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

post no57 by CMLover, dearsir, i would like to mention that in the previous competition of AIRTEL ,Alka Ajit , a malayalee who mesmerised the crowd by her faultless rendition of 'singaravelane deva was declared the winner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxPWmsEO_5w

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

This pertains to Airtel Supersinger 3 in Vijay TV
Sai saran was declared the winner and Santhosh, Sathyaprakash and Puja as 1st, 2nd and 3rd runners up respectively. There was a program yesterday discussing the selection of the winners by the judges participated in the event right from the beginning. To the bad taste of everybody, Srinivas one of the judges passed comments stating that people's voting is not fair though the 2nd runner up Sathyaprakash scored very high marks on the final. But to the surprise, Sai saran had secured very high support from the public and hence declared as the winner with the lesser marks by the judges.[There were nearly 30 judges who were entrusted to evaluate the final performance] The comments were passed in the presence of Sai saran who cut a sorrow figure. In Asianet season 5 the public support to Kalpana Ragavendar was very very less as compared to the other contestants but selection was by the evaluation of the final performance by judges.
The following are my humble personal observations.
1. It is inferred that two standards are maintained by two different organisation in such competions. Nobody is going to question if the votes are kept confidential and selection be made according to their performance in the final and through out the mela.
2. Passing comments and discussing the results in public and keeping the contestants by the responsible judges is in the bad taste of the music lovers.
3. It is unfair to raise such points openly when people have voted for the winning contestants that too in public in the presence of winners.
4 If the judges want to be transparent let them clearly say that though public's role is there in the selection, marks awarded by the judges will have a final saying.

Thanjavooran 30 09 2011

tkb

Post by tkb »

It is indeed surprising of Vijay TV and a person of Sri. Srinivas's stature to have come out so strongly on the result given by the Public - which i understand has been the format for the finals, right from day one!! I suggest that if Public voting is the main stay can the judges then say that they will not award marks but give their opinion on the individuals performance of the day after which it can go for public voting right from day one? Making a person winner and ridiculing him by praising the other in front of him - is it the TRP enhancement tool!!!

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

This message pertains to Little champs Sa Ri Ga Ma Pa in Hindi channel.
For the first time one of the judges, Javed Ali sang a tamil piece. The song is of the National integration sung by BMK. As this was a pleasant surprise I share this in this forum. BTW the winner of the title is Azmat a 10 yr old tiny boy

Thanjavooran 2 10 2011

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

season 6
The winners are as follows
1st place Merin
2nd Rajeev Rajasekharan
3rd Mega
4th Nandu [ the youngest of the lot ]
5th Samshad
Suresh kuttan did not participate in the finals