Raja matangi-MP3 Cd of VVSubramaniam- Violin

Place to review recorded music that you have heard.
CRama

Post by CRama »

I purchased a MP3 CD of VVS -vioin containing three live concerts of VVS- one solo, one Duet and one Trio. After many years, I heard one excellent concert of VVS with 5 other violins in MUDHRA music festival. His violiln nadam is great and he played with lot of devotion and precision. He gave some lectures also. This CD which contains three concerts held in 2007 is a very good collector's item. It contains very good songs, digitally recorded and enjoyable fare. In the past he has accompanied stalwarts like Semmangudi, MSS,KVN,TNS etc. I felt sad that he is not accompanying nowadays. His solo concerts also very rare. The cost is Rs.200 and is sold in the MUDRA Music festival in Infosys Hall, Ramakrishna Mission School, Bazulla Road, T.Nagar. It is not available in sales outlets. It is released by VVS Foundation. Address. 4, Vasantha Press Road, Adyar, Cghennai-600020 Phone 044-21912876 email viviyes2007@gmail.com.

bilahari

Post by bilahari »

CR, thanks for the report. If you have the time, could you list the main items of each of the three concerts? I would be most obliged.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Dear bilahari, one concert had a very good Lalitha (unknown kriti), Sree vallildevasenapathe as main.Another had Janani ninuvina, Mamava Meenakshi, Meevall guna dosha etc. The third was having en elaborate Karthikeya Gangeya as the main songs. All concerts had one composition of VVS also. He mentions everywhere as Naadayogi VVS.