Fusion carnatic music

Place to review recorded music that you have heard.
asarma

Post by asarma »

I have been recently listening to the album 'Freak', carnatic music songs, rendered by Sriram, O S Arun, Dr Narayanan, Unnikrishnan, Rajhesh Vaidhya, Maithili and Mahanadi Shobana, all accomplished, accredited and professional artists in their own rights. It is a wonderful album. In my opinion such fusion carnatic music has the potential to popularise the domain among youngsters, considering the alarming increase in the average age of performing artists in this domain becoming a cause of concern.

knandago2001

Post by knandago2001 »

The Amazing Trio - Dr L Subramaniam, Jean Luc Ponty and Billy Cobham
http://www.thestatesman.net/page.news.p ... &id=208158

puru00047

Post by puru00047 »

ELECTRIC GANESHA LAND Prasanna

subhiksha rangarajan

Post by subhiksha rangarajan »

One of the best Fusion Concert I listened as a music lover in recent years has been that of young prodigious Violinist Athira Krishna at the Music Academy with veteran Jazz Musicians Frank Dubier , Keith Peters and the Big Band comprising Sax , Brass Section , Drums and Percussion and Lead Guitar...

Rather than the normal so called fusion that many are doing in Chennai , this was a veritable icing on the cake ..With her strong grounding on Carnatic and Western Classical Music and deeprooted understanding of Jazz and World Music traditions , Athira made a stunning impact onstage with the veterans and the crowd was lost in her musical genius ...

It was not gimmicks but literally the blend of the best of world music traditions that flowed out from young Athira's nimble fingers..

subhiksha rangarajan

Post by subhiksha rangarajan »

Rajesh Vaidya is another artist whose control over Veena is astounding when he plays Fusion.!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Does the veena itself try not to play fusion?

;)