Kshetreyya Padams- Ashtanayika

Classical Dance forms & related music
Dhim

Kshetreyya Padams- Ashtanayika

Post by Dhim »

Hi,

If you could please post a list of Kshetreyya padams relating to each ashtanyika, and include the lyrics meaning and an audio clip it would be great! I am plannning on doing a performance on Kshetreyya's Nayikas and your help would be amazing!!!! Thank you!

Lakshman

Re: Kshetreyya Padams- Ashtanayika

Post by Lakshman »

Your best bet is to refer to a book titled Muvvgopala Padavali by B.Rajinikanta Rao. It has a large number of Kshetrayya's padams with meaning for each You should be able to find it in a library Chennai (if you are there). The book is out of print now.

Dhim

Post by Dhim »

Hi Lakshman,

I am actually in Australia, and therefore is there another way of getting my hands on this book. E.g. Maybe on the internet?

Dhim

Post by Dhim »

Hi All,

Lakshman, Thanks for your help in giving the name of the book. Exciting news! I believe I have found a PDF version online , it might not be the same book but it is written by B. Rajinikanta Rao and has translations to many of the Kshetreyya Padams. I will post the link here. Hopefully this helps you!

http://www.ibiblio.org/guruguha/MusicRe ... 064%20.pdf

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

The book that you found on this website is about Kshetrayya. It may have a limited number of songs. The one I was referring to has 160 songs - lyrics in Telugu and English with meanings.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Please check your email.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Did you get the email I sent you?

Dhim

Post by Dhim »

Hi Lakshman,

Sorry for the late reply, my email has been playing up and I have not received any email. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you had to go through, but thank you so much for trying to help me. I am trying to get it fixed and soon as it does I will let you know! Thank you!!!!!