varnams on krishna in telugu

Classical Dance forms & related music
Matterofcents

varnams on krishna in telugu

Post by Matterofcents »

Hi, are there any varnams on Krishna in telugu language? Also please add if there are any commercially available music for the same.

Additionally looking for "Sri Krishna Kamalanatho" audio. thank you

rshankar

Re: varnams on krishna in telugu

Post by rshankar »

Although not a varNam in the traditional sense, Smt. Vyjayantimala has choreographed sAdhincenE as a varNam. I believe it is commercially available.

vijay.siddharth

Post by vijay.siddharth »

The Viriboni varnam (Bhairavi) was sung by Sowmya in her Mayyal album with lyrics.

Matterofcents

Post by Matterofcents »

is that a danceable version? i might come across a total fool, but did not know Viriboni is on krishna, Also, its in vilambitha....ok will keep as an option

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Matterofcents wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 18:26 is that a danceable version? i might come across a total fool, but did not know Viriboni is on krishna, Also, its in vilambitha....ok will keep as an option
You are right to have your doubts. At best, it's connection to kRshNa comes from two phrases- dakshiNa dvAraka sArasudau and rAjagOpAlA. Plus, as a tAna varNam, even when the prabhandam is sung, it offers very little scope for abhinaya, and the words in the pallavi and anupallavi do not offer meaningful splits to insert jatis, IMO.

vijay.siddharth

I was under the impression that Rama Vaidyanathan had danced Viriboni as a dance piece... she inherited it from her guru Saroja Vaidyanathan/Yamini Krishnamurthy (one of the two).

You can fashion Vachamagocharudani Nee Padamulanu (Atana, Mysuru Sadasiva Rao) into a varnam- it is a samkshelpa Bhagavatha krithi. I do not have audio of that, however.

If all else fails, you have the always dependable Innum En Manam (Charukeshi, Lalgudi Jayaraman) to turn on. There is a commercial release - Lalgudi's Pada Varnams - which has a recording.

vijay.siddharth

rshankar wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 04:24 [words in the pallavi and anupallavi do not offer meaningful splits to insert jatis
The jathi segment could be inserted after the second line of the Pallavi (Marulu Konnadira), or after the first line of the Anupallavi (Sarasudau...)

Disclaimer: I have been to two bharatanatyam performances in my life.

natyasri

Post by natyasri »

vijay.siddharth wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 12:40 I was under the impression that Rama Vaidyanathan had danced Viriboni as a dance piece... she inherited it from her guru Saroja Vaidyanathan/Yamini Krishnamurthy (one of the two).

You can fashion Vachamagocharudani Nee Padamulanu (Atana, Mysuru Sadasiva Rao) into a varnam- it is a samkshelpa Bhagavatha krithi. I do not have audio of that, however.

If all else fails, you have the always dependable Innum En Manam (Charukeshi, Lalgudi Jayaraman) to turn on. There is a commercial release - Lalgudi's Pada Varnams - which has a recording.

Please I am looking for the commercial of Innum en manam - is there a danceable audio recording i can buy. Please please please find one for me