Dance songs on goddess Aandal

Classical Dance forms & related music
janani87

Post by janani87 »

Dance songs on goddess AandalDon't know about Sri N. Krishnan's composition, but there is an ANDAL kauttuvam - check this URL for an unusual performance by Ms. Anita Ratnam:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mucwiSeV … mp;search=

shankarji, this doesnt exist anymore...

nrityam

Post by nrityam »

I am doubtful if the composer of Andal kavuthuvam is Sri. Madurai N. Krishnan. Someone please clarify this.
Janani, This is the link for the thiruppavai DVD.
"http://site.voila.fr/dancerindiana/Dris ... m_DVD.html"
Last edited by nrityam on 28 Aug 2007, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

janani87 wrote:shankarji, this doesnt exist anymore...
That link has apparently been removed by the user. Not surprised, because it was part of a commercial DVD (Invis Multimedia release on Bharatanatyam).

janani87

Post by janani87 »

thanks nrityamji

venkmal

Post by venkmal »

kmrasika wrote:Here's a song I found on ANDAL. Please provide an e-mail id if you require the notation.

rAgam: aThAnA
tALam: Adi
Composer: mangaLam gaNapati

p. pUmagaL pUngOdai puLagaM koNDAL
pUmalar kaNNanai manadil varittAL

a. tUmaNi mADattu tuLaShiyum cErttu
tUyamalar mAlai kOrtteDuttAL

c. maNakkum malar mAlaiyai cUDi magizhdAL adai
mAdavanukku cUTTiya tAy kanAkkaNDAL
dIpaccuDaroLiyAy tiLangi ninRAl anda
tiruvarangan mangaLa idayattil amarndAL

ராகம்: அடாணா
தாளம்: ஆதி
இயற்றியவர்: மங்களம் கணபதி

பல்லவி

பூமகள் பூங்கோதை புளகம் கொண்டாள்
பூமலர் கண்ணனை மனதில் வரித்தாள்

அனுபல்லவி

தூமணி மாடத்து துளசியும் சேர்த்து
தூயமலர் மாலை கோர்த்தெடுத்தாள்

சரணம்

மணக்கும் மலர் மாலையை சூடி மகிழ்தாள் அதை
மாதவனுக்கு சூட்டிய தாய் கனாக்கண்டாள்
தீபச்சுடரொளியாய் திளங்கி நின்றால் அந்த
திருவரங்கன் மங்கள இதயத்தில் அமர்ந்தாள்
please can u send notation and u/l the audio if u have. thx u.
venkmal@hotmail.com

v/mal
Last edited by venkmal on 30 Aug 2007, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

I'm sorry I've not looked at this thread in a while. I will definitely send the notation to the requesters by the beginning of next week.
Last edited by kmrasika on 07 Sep 2007, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

n_anush

Post by n_anush »

Does any one have audio version of the Ambujam krishna's song " minnal koDiyO "

venkmal

Post by venkmal »

kmrasika wrote:I'm sorry I've not looked at this thread in a while. I will definitely send the notation to the requesters by the beginning of next week.
thx for the notation but i can't d/l thru rapidshare.

venkmal

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

venkmal, plks check your email.

raghu26

Post by raghu26 »

kmrasika wrote:I'm sorry I've not looked at this thread in a while. I will definitely send the notation to the requesters by the beginning of next week.
Thanks.
I got your mail. I faced on problem with rapidshare is that after I save the file in my local hard disc, it was unable to open as a image file since the file was html for some weird reason. So, I had to a screenshot of the two songs and save it. By the way looking at the size of the image files (they are in KB), I think it would have been good if you could put it in yahoo breifcase or picasaweb. This will be easier for others to download them in the same format.
Thanks once again
Raghu

venkmal

Post by venkmal »

raghu26 wrote:
Thanks.
I got your mail. I faced on problem with rapidshare is that after I save the file in my local hard disc, it was unable to open as a image file since the file was html for some weird reason. So, I had to a screenshot of the two songs and save it. By the way looking at the size of the image files (they are in KB), I think it would have been good if you could put it in yahoo breifcase or picasaweb. This will be easier for others to download them in the same format.
Thanks once again
Raghu
Kmrasika,
thx but still have problem with the link could not access. Sorry for the trouble.
Since here previously the u/l was done only thru rapidshare i could not down load any files.
Please specify the songs so will check whether i have any of mysore Maharaja collection.
thx very much.
vmal

venkmal

Post by venkmal »

raghu26 wrote:
Thanks.
Thanks once again
Raghu
please can you post the notations please. thx in adv
vaml

venkmal

Post by venkmal »

raghu26 wrote:
Thanks.
Thanks once again
Raghu
if you have downloaded the notations please can you provide thru yahoo briefcase or mediafire. thx.
vmal

venkmal

Post by venkmal »

http://rapidshare.com/files/54829985/pUmagal1.jpg.html
file u/l by kmrasika

i am not able to open this file. please anyone who can open this file can reupload in mediafire or yahoo briefcase. thx very much

venkmal
Last edited by venkmal on 25 Sep 2007, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

ashok_vpathi

Post by ashok_vpathi »

Dear Friends

I am finding the lyrics for the following songs.

1. Aadathu Asangathu vaa kanna
2. Kandi Kathirvela
3. Aanandha Nadamidum Padaham
4. Kalai chelvame varuga

If any one has the above lyrics please forward to my mail id ashok_vengidapathi@satyam.com

Regards
Ashok

meena

Post by meena »

ADAdu asangAdu vA.raga: madyamavati. taLa: adi

P: ADAdu asangAdu vA kaNNA un
ADalil IrEzhu bhuvanamum asaindu asaindADudu enavE
A: ADalaik kANat tillai ambalattiRaivanum tan
ADalai viTTu ingE gOkulam vandAn
AdalinAl ciru yAdavanE oru
mAmiyiliRakaNi mAdhavanE nI
C: cinnanj ciru padangaL silambolittiDumE adai
sevimaDutta piRavi manam kaLittiDumE
pinniya saDai saRRE vaghai kalaindiDumE mayil
pIli asaindasaindu nilai kalaindiDumE
panniru kai iRaivan Erumayil onru tan
pasu^n tOghai virittADi parisaLittiDumE kuzhal
pADi varum azhagA unaik kANa varum aDiyAr evarAyinum
kanaka maNi asaiyum unadu tiru naTanam
kaNpaTTup pOnAl manam puNpaTTup pOghumE

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Ananda naTamiDum pAdan. rAgA: kEdAragauLa. Adi tALA. Composer: Papanasham Shivan.

P: Ananda naTamiDum pAdan ponnambala vANan cidambara nAthan
A: gAnam tanait-toDarndu jnAnam tarum pErinba
mOnam tazhaikkum yOga vAnam tanil magizhndu
C: mAnum mazhuvum Damarugamum aravum tiru varadAbhaya karamum caraNAmbujamum puli tAnum patanjaliyum paNiya ayanum mAlum tALam maddaLam koTTa shilambum kulunga inbat-tattai mozhi shivakAmi maNALan satva guNan padinAngula kALan
tatvamasip-poruLAya dayALan sadA nija anbar vaNangu tALan
tattari kiTa dhimi jhaNuta jhaNuta dhIm taka tadhingiNa tOm jhaNa jhaNa jhaNavena bhakthargaL munivargaL imaiyOrgaLum pugazh
pADavum punal shEr shaDai mati Adavum

Are you sure of the wordings for the other two songs? What are the ragas?

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Since post # 45 on do not have any relevance to the topic of this thread, could another be created?

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

A telugu take on the familiar vAraNam Ayiram...despite the dancer's introductory assertion that it is in bharatanATyam style, I have my doubts, especially in the jatis. Also, it seems that the object of ANDAL's dream changes with the change in language - from ranganAthar to SrInivAsan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxjEFzEBAs