TM Krishna's New book..

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
venkatakailasam

TM Krishna's New book..

Post by venkatakailasam »

‘I am willing to give up the kutcheri’

" What is it about the chirping of some birds that makes it a song? What is the purpose of music? Does it matter whether you are a man or a woman in the world of Karnatik music? TM Krishna, in his book ‘A Southern Music’, lays down the history, evolution and grammar of his art and also grapples with questions about it."

Read it here..

http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/201 ... -kutcheri/

kvchellappa

Re: TM Krishna's New book..

Post by kvchellappa »

Excerpts from the book posted by the author in twitter may be read at:

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/n ... 452465.ece

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Anyone care to identify the rest?

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I almost passed by the excerpts in The Hindu, having been very critical of TMK's writing in the past. I'm glad I didn't. What I read was the well expressed thoughts of a man whose thoughts I'd be glad to listen to and learn from. In fact, if I come across it, I may indeed buy the book! It was almost a full page in the newspaper, and I had no hesitation or problem in reading from beginning to end.

Who knows, the the thoughts, the ideas, etc, may be right, they may be wrong, but they are food for thought, and they are readable.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Nick, while I was reading the excerpts, I thought of the same thing that you and I were quite harsh on TMK's writing deficiencies before. Deservedly so at that time, but as you wrote, we have to give it him here. His writing style has improved quite a bit and the content is quite engaging, irrespective of whether one agrees with his viewpoints or not.

It is quite fascinating to see the different paths the various top tier musicians of the current generation take. It is good there are such heterogeneous approaches. Risky for the artists who go on uncharted territories but good for us rasikas since we get to 'feast' on the efforts of the survivors. I cringe when some people, who do not like a person like TMK's path, music, format etc, characterize him automatically and unthinkingly as 'cheap, he is doing it for drawing attention, for popularity etc.'. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and not go with such default assumptions. There is something else internal that is driving him and that is good to see.

Our best wishes to him for success with the book and other endeavors.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

sureshvv wrote:Anyone care to identify the rest?
From the right extreme, I think it is Cienu's citti (Smt. Vijaya), Sri MKR's mother, followed by Smts. MSS, DKP, and MLV. After that it becomes less clear. I wonder if it is a very young Sri DKJ at the left extreme of the first row.

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Quite an exhaustive interview with TMK, a link to an edited version is also available.

venkatakailasam

Post by venkatakailasam »

The above image, I posted it at the thread relating to MS Subulakshmi..here..http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=750

some time back..

It has gone missing now..!!

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Actually, it was the extract published a couple of days ago that I read. I have yet to read today's --- but will certainly do so.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Mr.TMK is a musician par excellence and also a thinker. He is partaking the pleasure of music and his own thoughts on the music with similar intentions. For his act of open communication of on his music and thinking on the music, with the value of offering rich content in music, uncompromisingly sticking to the theory and aesthetics, he should be correctly understood and extend support for his own realization of the ultimate reality in music. Many Great Maestros and Maestros in the not distant past, have done that with or without verbalizing or writing. Such Great Maestros and Maestros did encounter challenges but continued relentlessly to offer values as they conceptualized. Ariyakudi did encounter the challenge when he conceived, practiced the principles and ideals and has given the legacy of modern cutcheri CM. Rasikas continued the support for the values in their music. TMK's achievement of highest values in aesthetics is going to benefit himself and also the rasikas. We should take the effort of reading his book to understand the thinking content of his music, before coming to conclusions and diatribe. I have been closely watching and following TMK as an artist with high potential and demonstrated qualities in his music to achieve the success in cutcheri music, as teacher, scholar and thinker from his early forays as a performer in cutcheri music. Discuss and Debate but refrain from condemnation, TMK does not deserve.

munirao2001

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Much like his music, I find TMK's writing all over the place.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

I take the liberty of posting this received in a forward from a friend:

Carnatic Music & Common man
k.t. jagannathan
How do we communicate even a complex thing in a simple and easy-to-comprehend style? Perhaps the inability to keep things easy and simple is the root cause of our failure to reach out to lay persons, nay the lay audience.
Can Carnatic music be a mass-based one? Will it ever be identified with a common man? Will it be accessible to people from the lower strata of the society? Can Carnatic music strike a secular chord among the not-so-religious, and people from across castes and community? These questions have been debated for ages. They will be discussed in our times. And, they will surely continue to dominate the minds of people in the coming years.

Carnatic musician T.M. Krishna brought the focus back on these issues with his maiden book ``A Southern Music: The Karnatik story’’, which was released at Kalakshetra on December 16, 2013 by Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen. During his book-reading session at the function, Krishna, in a way, called for a ``secular Carnatic music’’. Well, he was talking of a day when The Music Academy would confer on a Dalit the title Sangeetha Kalanidhi. His comment drew loud applause from an overflowing audience, comprising some illustrious names from diverse fields. A few points are worth making here, however.
Subtle change
Carnatic music transcends language. From Telugu to Kannada and Tamil, the compositions are in diverse languages and written by people from diverse geographies. Ever since liberalization and globalization set in the 90s, there has been a job-related movement or relocation of people from one place to another. In a way, this has brought a subtle transformation in the Carnatic music sphere. This has also led to a quiet change in the audience profile. So much so, these days musicians develop their own little niche constituency within their large fan club. They go out of the way to satiate the musical taste especially of this small but an important constituency. By doing so, they ensure that this `crowd’ returns to all their concerts. Examples are dime a dozen. From Aruna Sairam to K.J. Yesudas and Ranjani-Gayathri sisters, they carefully nurture this section, and try to expand it by slipping in popular numbers.
The tinsel world
The contribution of the film industry in spreading Carnatic music is no less. Who can forget some of the haunting melodies of artistes such as MS, MLV, Gantasala, Balamurlikrishna and others? These numbers till ring in the ears, though several seasons have gone by since these films were released. From Lalgudi Jayaraman to his disciple Bombay Jayashri to Sudha Ragunathan and Nityashree – they have all understood the power of tinsel world in carrying this form of music to newer and wider audience. So much so, today these artistes command wider and diverse fan following. Traditionalists may have their own views. The fact of the matter, however, is people like Yesudas and Unnikrishnan have contributed immensely to the cause of spreading Carnatic music by bringing in non-traditional audience. Of late, the television realty shows have rekindled the interest in Carnatic music. The Internet has taken this art form global, with many an artiste enrolling overseas students – some non-resident Indians others non Indians. So, there is quite a development on taking Carnatic music to different canvass.
Endurance test
Bringing common man on board – this talk or this need is not something peculiar to Carnatic music. It is a deep-rooted malaise afflicting diverse spheres. What is the solution? A macro solution is not in an individual’s hands. So, why can’t one settle for a micro cure? Don’t worry about your neighbor. You practice the right thing, as Krishna said during the Q&A session to a young girl in the audience. The glass is half full or half empty. It all depends on the way one looks at it. How to simplify whatever you do? How do we communicate even a complex thing in a simple and easy-to-comprehend style? Perhaps the inability to keep things easy and simple is the root cause of our failure to reach out to lay persons, nay the lay audience. An artiste may be a communicator par excellence. That alone won’t suffice. Weil, it requires a large heart to embrace a whole new people. To do that, one needs to pass the endurance test. How many has the inclination to do that? That is the crux of the problem. And, the elevation has to come from within in the first instance.
Keywords: Carnatic music, T.M. Krishna, common man, Yesudas, Bombay Jayshri, Aruna Sairam
Carnatic music always had its followers transcending religion and caste barriers. Some well known exponents are also from non-Hindu backgrounds. our former president Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam is a fine example of a non-Hindu connossieur. Who can forget the melodious music that flowed from the nagaswaram of Sheik chinna moulana or the soul stirring voice of KJ Yesudas both non-Hindus?
Jon Higgins was foreigner who took to Carnatic music and excelled in it. I am disappointed at the "secularization" of an art form like Carnatic music that is beyond religion and caste. Statements like "one day a Dalit will get Sangita Kalanidhi award" may be politically correct, but do not make sense in musical excellence. while certainly appreciate the music from T. M. Krishna and his view that each and every raga is equal, I do not agree with his views on these issues. Carnatic music is eternal just like all other musical forms and does not need any special efforts to propagate it.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I bought the book.

Do not hold breath waiting for any reaction: it's going to be January at least before I read any of it!

vinsim

Post by vinsim »

A while back he was critical of Kadri Gopalnath's saxophone and said it not "pure" enough to be included in "proper" Carnatic music. As a fan Kadri G's music, I wanted to ask who is TMK to police what is proper or improper! In this book too, atleast from the excerpts, I could see that he took the stand of purist on some topics. At the same time, he poses as a maverick hell-bent on changing the kutcheri format. This sort of contradiction suggests that he is either confused or someone who makes opportunistic use of either stand to further his popularity.

Why not take a leaf out of BMK, who was much more of a maverick and innovator, and accept Carnatic music in its various forms(serious or light, vocal or any instrument) without putting down any one form in favour of another?

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

I'm too tempted to pass this one:

There was once this unprecedented genius in Carnatic music who could be at the same time everything to everyone. Thus everybody started emulating him. One by one, they went up to him, and politely asked if they could take a leaf out of his book. This went on and on for many years, until the genius was a grandpa.

He was then visited by his grandson. He asked to see the famous book upstairs. And then came down running and reported, "grandpa! Your book has no pages, just two battered covers!"
Grandpa replied, "well, you just can't judge a book by its covers".

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

To be fair to TMK, he does not stick to any format, but he is not on a crusade. I have read Subbudu how nadaswaram cannot produce certain notes. In a concert in Bangalore, TMK was singing a super subhapantuvarali alapana, and HKV was not able to reproduce a passage. TMK said, 'it can't be captured in violin'. HKV still accompanies TMK, no offence meant or taken. TMK's views on saxophone need not be taken as an offence or a verdict. We can listen to good music whether it can mimic human voice or not, but pointing out its limitation is no crime. I have heard that keyboard cannot produce gamakam, but Sathya is playing it with notable following. I think we should see what the objection is rather than passing an opinion on an opinion. Much discussion on TMK takes place on his format and opinions, as to his music it is sublime and I have rarely come across anyone pointing a finger at it (occasional lapses in lyrics excepted). He has a mind of his own and is too vocal about it. He has a creative manodharma and a firm grasp of the fundamentals of CM as far as I can see non-technically.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

He has a mind of his own and is too vocal about it.
+1

I love his music.

pperumal

Post by pperumal »

Call what you may about his so-called idiosyncrasies, but the man produces 100% pure music in my books.
Perfect shruti suddham, brilliant voice range and a manodharma that is indeed in fine fettle this season!!!!

sweetsong

Post by sweetsong »

Thank you Rsachi ji for your story. Totally loved it :)
If You write a book full of stories like this, I am sure
many people would enjoy it even more than the book
in discussion now. I am sure I would :)

l.gopalan

Post by l.gopalan »

Part A

Nada or Sabda how connected with Brahman?
Roles Played (illustrative) at Macro, Micro Levels
Lakshminarayana Gopalan

This article deletes the earlier ones titled "Should Carnatic music transcend the mind" under TMKs New Book and will form chapters of my second book.-

Vedic and modern sciences help to understand each other better
The Indian classical music, has its origin in rig vedic sabda AUM and covered in ancient Gandarva veda. By “ Nada tanu---“ Nada yogi Thyagaraja indicated that the body of even Lord Shankara is the personification of nada. Sabda is all sorts of sounds whereas nada is sweet concord of sounds. Sabda emanates from compression and decompression of a medium say air and or in another way from electromagnetic source which requires no medium ie it can propagate in vacuum. Swaras require a medium to be heard while VIBGYOR colours seen in a rainbow is the limited visible light part of a huge electromagnetic spectrum. Sounds can be audible and or in- audible, visible or invisible They carry nature’s instructions in a codified manner to generate, govern, monitor universes. Highly defined chanting of vedic sounds are powerful mantras. Swami Sivananda concurs with it. Any nada/ sabda being a form of energy is accountable by its vibrations/ frequencies, amplitude, its energy content etc. More the frequency more the energy content less the wavelengths.(E=hf- where E- is energy content, f is frequency and h is Planck Constant ). Further echoed by Nikolai Tesla: if you want to understand the secrets of the universe think in terms of energy, frequency and such other parameters which i propose to attempt in this narration to carve a better picture adopting Tesla’s footstepss as we a sizable group also finds tha\vedic and modern sciences help to understand each other better
The various musical notes have their own corresponding nadis or subtle channels in kundalini chakras. Music vibrates these nadis, purifies them and awakens the psychic and spiritual power dormant in them.
Further, rishis, had emphatically declared that Consciousness is Brahman, the bedrock for everything, that creates the coded powerful energy contents of AUM which in turn generates, governs, modifies etc all universes accordingly. When we say nada or sabda Brahman are we clear of what it means? Generally we are not aware how nada and sabda are affiliated to Brahman and so it may need clarity. Is nada mere sound or anything else with deeper significance? One wonders that creating a single universe or even modifying a small portion of it alone requires enormous amounts of energy. Then how the energy levels of nada or sabda can create and govern not one but innumerable universes? Therefore they should have significant functional role in the creative activities of Brahman not only at macrocosmic but also in microcosmic levels, to merit the said affiliation. Whether it is so and how sabda accomplishes these tasks is the ambit of this write up based on years of corroborative, vedantic and modern scientific studies. Such studies bring to light many highly inspired findings of rishis, yogis, downloaded by them during their transcendence and beyond. This article is limited to the question of nada’s affiliation with Brahman at all levels and its role in governing .The rest of the study results, hopefully are to be covered in the contemplated second book of the author, tentatively titled Indian Classical Music- Gifts From Nada Yogis- Emphasis Carnatic.
Any piece of nature magnified enough will present only complex foams of waves and wavicles embedded in Akasa, in perpetual communication with each other in vast volumes of so called empty space, reckoned as sabda or nada ( indicating vibrations with all their scientific attributes as said earlier). These can have any value of wavelength, from 10-35M (Known as Planck length)to a wavelength of infinity. One can imagine the energy content when the wave length is 0. 00000000000000000000000000000000001M (34zeros followed by 1) Meters, enough to PLAY ITS MACRO ROLE by generating or modifying etc of universes. On the other hand one will find that the Micros are embedded and interwoven throughout this narration like the warp and the weft of textile units or like the cardio or neuro networks of biological entities. Speaking science, the bandwidth of nada is huge. Since these coded energies are involved in the creative activities as per Brahman’s directives these are addressed as Nada Brahman or Sabda Brahman. Tapas by yogis ie the process of receiving signals by setting up resonance, called herein as Resonant Receptivity, (RR) leading to transcendence and beyond. This can tap and decode these signal waves from Alaska and manipulate them as the local oscillators do in Radios/ TVs . Yoga, Gayatri Mantra , soul stirring music, bajans,Namasankeertanas, very good Karmic Balance Sheet (KBS ) et al aid establishing RR to download nature's secrets. No exclusivity claimed by the Hindus. Fundamentally speaking, it is all energies ---waveforms- which are transformed by Akasa as matter plus energy in suitable proportions to form the basic bricks of the universes. Thus Akasa seem to serve also as the primary energy matter conversion factory of the universes. Just as the seed contains the tree and releases and realizes its time based programmes AUM is the seed of an universe.
Do elementary particles really exist?
99.9% of the mass of an atom resides in its nucleus, with the rest distributed in the electron cloud. If an atom could be blown up to the size of a football field, its nucleus would be about the size of a fly in the centre of the field. The volume of the nucleus is a million million times smaller than that of the atom. All these mean that atoms are anything but solid substances. Every atom is empty space mostly ! An atom is thus almost entirely Akasa, earlier misunderstood as empty space of nothingness. But it is where energetic vacuum fluctuations happen, triggering the formation of universes. If there were some ways to squeeze the entire empty space out of the atoms in our body, humanity, it is said, would indeed fit into the space occupied by a sugar cube (Marcus Chown in Quantum Theory Cannot Hurt You, 2006).This recalls to our mind the Tamilian adage; kayame idu poiyyada, katradaitha paiyadda’ (Body as we see is false but merely an air filled up bag—Author unknown).
The 'particles' are therefore best described as 'Patterns of activity' that have both space and time aspects. The interrelationships of these patterns of the subatomic world are what finally appear to us as the solid, stable, predictable cosmos because of our very limited perceiving and resolving power. Ultimately, is it not that the term elementary Particle is a misnomer? Further the senses, thoughts, feelings, tastes, emotions,namasankeertans, mantras, vedic chantings,yagnas and all, are composed of these extremely subtle energy waves reckoned in this article as Micro Energies (ME). In summary, our bodies are complex network of waves, wavicles or dense foams of myriad types, of vibrating fields, rather than a solid physical one as we see it and this empty space is nothing but Akasa housing the sukshmas. It recalls to our minds: Adi Sankara’s jagan mithya . We are all symbiotically inter-connected and said to be entangled in quantum mechanical sense to all other entities in the universe through what is reckoned by physicists as Nonlocalaction at speeds exceeding the speed of light. Einstein initially protested and later accepted it “as spooky action at a distance”. All the universes and all the matter in them from sub-atomic particles to the galaxies, are composed of energy fields, namely, strong/weak nuclear, gravitational and electromagnetic fields which includes these MEs. too. The birth of an universe at the Big Bang / Hiranyagarbha level is represented by AUM (not the actual sabda), the primordial sabdha, a very highly energetic vibration with a wavelength of the size of Planck length which released the said four fields to architect the new universe. In The Spiritual Dimension, Ann Beals reflects “Even the elements of the atom are only waves of energy, void of solid substance. The particles of the atoms are no more tangible substances than a thought or a feeling. Gradually matter as a solid thing, has vanished from our concept of the universe - replaced by a basic atomic unit, composed of space and non- material charges of coded energy. This non- material nature of the atom is the most essential point in relating the physical universe to the Spiritual Dimension”.
Scientists now recognize that, beyond the visible, tangible world reckoned as the Explicate Order, lies deeper, multi-layered Implicate Orders arising out of inter-connectedness which in scientists opinion being nudged by Micro Energies (MEs) unfold into different Explicate domains of the mental and the material, one by one. These multi layered orders are in constant local and nonlocal communications directing the universes and everything in it to proceed as pre-laid in the DNAs of universes evolved through their endless births and deaths. It is believed that the entire creation began with sound: "By His utterance came the universe." (Brihadaranyaka Up 1.2.4). Einstein had said that every matter in the universe is conglomeration of sound waves or wavicles in the mass sea of waves The Vedanta-sutras stress that ultimate liberation comes from sound (Vedanta-sutra, 4.22). Several religions also have spoken about the universe coming into existence from sound, which Hindus recognize as Omkara (AUM). This primal sound is referred to as sabda Brahman - "God that is word". Closely related to this is the concept of nada Brahman. Nada, a Sanskrit word meaning "pleasing sound", is related to the term nadi, "river", figuratively denoting the stream of Consciousness - a concept that goes back to the Rig Veda, Thus, the relationship between sound and Consciousness has long been recorded in India's ancient literature. In the case of nada Brahman, at the micro level it is the same as that Primordial force and is the very manifestation of, soul stirring, mellifluous, elevating, sweet concordance of sound termed nada (music). Nadopasana is worshipping that nada and ultimately melting down and fusing with Him (Brahman) through nada yoga.(NY). Here is what His Holiness Sri Bharati Tirtha Mahaswamigal, the head of Sringeri Sri Sarada Peetam says:
It can be seen from ensuing discussions, NY and many such Vedic concepts are also getting validated by recent paradigm shifting developments in sciences, post quantum physics era. It has all the merit and logic to add that artists of all shades should also tend to emulate, such great yogis as the Music Trintees , Kabir, Meerabai, Namdeo, Purandaradasa. Tukaram. Annamacharya Arunagirinadhar, Sadasiva Brahmendra why even sages Naradha, Nandhi and all. The list is endless. Nada yoga is therefore an unique concept. In this note Yoga includes NY and Brahmatajas (BT) includes Nada Brahman (NB) too unless specifically referred. Indian classical music, especially the Carnatic, took early advantage of embracing these concepts as we did with Gjnana, Karma, Bakthi Yogas adopting Privritti or a Nivrritti Marga. The scriptures never restricted these concepts to Hinduism only but were always open to all, irrespective of caste creed, gender or religion including atheists
Gayatri Mantra (GM) and Rig Veda 1.164.46). Taittiriya Upanishad (II.1.1) describe Brahman as
satyam GYAnamanantaM brahma. Meaning- Brahman is of the nature of truth, knowledge ad infinitum. GM also speaks about the Primordial Force- Note the above vedic explanation only speak about the Primordial force of nature and not at all about Saguna aspects like Siva,Vishnu, Saraswathy and all.Only GM is advocated during Brahmopadesa. These mean irrespective of any one’s religious, gender and caste affiliation or even if one is a sworn atheist he has all the freedom to choose his own Self as that primordial force- which men usually reckon as God- or choose any statue by any name to focus his Buddhi towards that unifying force. This will progressively transform him to revere that force residing inside everyone and everywhere, fusing his Buddhi,Mind,Chitta and Ahankara complex (BMCA) with that force, There by the difference between him and Him can tend to narrow down to zero which ultimately means him is Him and none else. These apply to BT and NB. Even now, no body prevents any body in adopting these concepts, and no –body to be blamed if Indian classicals took advantage. It is also a matter of significance, why nada is attributed only to Brahman and not to other Gods and Godesses, the Suguna aspects of Brahman, like Siva or Vishnu or Saraswati and all. Our Scriptures and recent advancements in sciences discussed below should convince that it should only attribute the Primordial Force, the Nirguna Brahman.
One of the most important aspects of Brahman is Akasa, the Unified Field and its derivative Quantum Vacuum Fields of sciences, which is praGYAnaM– Consciousness. This again is the know-how and know-why of everything for generating, sustaining, recycling and totally governing universes including you and me. Many scientists now only admit that– Consciousness- praGYAnaM and not materialism is the ground of all manifested or unmanifested entities of nature and contain their respective DNAs. This itself indicates that materialism is an epiphenomenon and everything stems out of Consciousness only and not the other way as thought till recently by scientists. Vedic View has ultimately prevailed. Consciousness is composed of coded complex wave forms of energies of various kinds to lash out and to reabsorb various forms and structures of nature’s variegated entities on a time base, as DNAs do. Dr. John Samuel Hagelin presents theoretical arguments that suggest Vedic Akasa and the Unified Field of modern science (in which all forces of nature such as electromagnetic, weak,/strong nuclear, gravitational, including MEs and such presently unknown forces were contained just after Big Bang) are actually one and the same. ’Akasa is the cradle and grave of everything in the universes” says Ervin László. Both these observations carry a lot of merit and logic.
The great truths propounded in the Vedas have hitherto been accepted as divine truisms, but there have always been bodies of scientists and logicians who have questioned their veracity. However, scientists of the highest calibre have begun to accept Vedic pronouncements. Such instances are only on the increase. Are these not extraordinary and superhuman achievements of our rishis and yogis ? This write up is an attempt to understand how the rishis could and to emulate the art perfected by them. Scientists have even gone to the extent of proposing that collapsing wave function as per Quantum Mechanics is divine intervention, reckoned as downward causation. Further it is only the Consciousness that collapses the wave function and creates reality based on energetic and coded wave forms. These concepts of the modern scientific genre establish deep roots and augur a radical, new thinking, providing the best metaphysical handle to further explore and sum up most of our experiences. Further, the quantum theory of Consciousness developed by Dr. Stuart Hameroff, and Dr Roger Penrose even goes to the extent of asserting that our Microtubules inside our brain structures is complementing our brain’s neuronal assembly adopting quantum computing methods and confirms that it is Consciousness—praGYAnaM-- that propels the universes
Pragnanam or Consciousness: the bedrock for everything. Let us prioritise and try to understand it .
A simple illustration : Sow a seed . Does it ask you how to grow? Does it not have its own knowledge or the ability to tap the knowledge of the processes involved? Does the cloud ask you where and when to rain? Did that ask you before flooding Chennai recently ? Probably it knew the reasons too ! Same is the case with every living and non- living entities of nature. Also these have their ability to tap the required amount of knowledge to play their designated role as active partners of nature. Sum total and ad-infinitum of the intelligence of these entities across the universes provide the networking substratum of cosmic intellect which is Pragnanam in Sanskrit, and spoken as Consciousness. Hence the statement - PraGYAnetro lokaH---Cosmic Intelligence or Consciousness is the impeller of universes.
Relevant Vedic statements
PraGYAnaM Brahma: (Ait iii 1.3) points out that consciousness , is BRAHMAN. Taittiriya Upanishad (II.1.1) explains it as a concept, representing absolute, and ad-infinitum Knowledge or the Primordial Force to generate, govern, modify, dissolve, and reformulate Brahmandas and everything in them, including you and me during the endless timed Hindu Cosmic cycles of births and deaths of these. In the light of this, mundane expertise called Para vidyas as say for a top -notch doctor, musician, advocate, scientist et al must also be available in abundance, not to speak of Apara vidyas The question is how to tap them? Let us explore:
Significant vedic enunciations on Consciousness ;
Pragnane pratishtitham -It is that Consciousness which presides over creation, sustenance, and dissolution
Gayatri Mantra (GM) is Brahman-says Brahma Sutra; and Brahman is void-That which is called Akasa (Brahman-The Quantum vacuum field) is the revealer and absorber of all forms and names; that within which forms and names are, that is Brahman; as DNAs do. (Ch. Up. VIII-14-1 and Brahma Sutras by Swami Sivananda--September 8, 1887 – July 14, 1;63 chapter one: samanvaya adhyaya Section 1: sutra 22.)-Thus the vedic view supports that vacuum is the cradle and the grave of the universes. Is that not a farsighted revelation ?
Further “anantham” conveys beginingless and endless years of accumulated and accumulating knowledge (ad-infinitum) and read with “Brahman is void (Akasa)” indicates that that Brahman’s full knowledge is present in void i.e. vacuum which is Akasa. GM, says let that Primordial Force kindle our Buddhi and not mine alone which signifies the importance of Collective Consciousness or mass effect. It only speaks about Nirguna Brahman and does not invoke any GOD. From this it can be inferred that the concepts, Brahman, AUM, vedas, mantras especially GM and its supportive limb Yoga, including Nada Yoga, are not restrictive. So, should be accessible to one and all irrespective of any regional or religious affiliation. Why in coded form? Vedic constraints against, its Sukshmas (Secrets) being totally open are: The embedded ad - infinitum knowledge in the hymns should be available for benevolent use only, preventing all malevolent applications by rakshasas / terrorists. So it should be strongly coded and accessible only through strictly controlled disciplines, karmic balance sheets (KBS); ethical, phonetic passwords and such controls. Hence Vedas are reckoned as “MARAI“in Tamil, meaning hidden. Gayatri Mantra confirms and controls it. And Her role is to handhold and lead as many to attain Brahmatejas with the strict elimination of the unfit. In effect She can be reckoned as the chief of Natural Resources Development (NRD) activities of Brahman across universes??
Is it possible to tap the knowledge (secrets of nature called sukshmas) from Akasa and if so where is this Akasa? Yes everywhere around us. This is exactly what our Rishis and Nada Brahmans did by establishing resonant receptivity through Yoga, GM,NY et al. The downward causations of Consciousness which is reckoned as divine guidance or as inspirations are incessantly beamed out to one’s highly tuned BMCA (Budhi,Manas,Chitta and Ahankara) to pick up. Further, the capacity for Akasa to hold sukshmas is unlimited. Such rakshasas (mythological terrorists) like Hiranyaksha, Ravana seem to have coerced the rishis, learnt the art and downloaded some of these sukshmas from Akasa . While rishis stood for totally selfless service in line with the Vedic dictum “idam na mama” the rakshasas were adharmic and used it for self aggrandizements through destruction of opponents.
A very low energy thought, say, one wants to play tennis activates a chain of other thoughts and directed actions, till the objective of playing is realized. I am inclined to believe that such Micro Energies (MEs) --as I reckon them-- are actualizing / controlling the universes. It is one of the most important points to be taken note of. Already experiments conducted by the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) indicate that and confirms the role of Consciousness of seeing or recording. These experiments have shown that the ratio of the interference pattern’s double-slit spectral power to its single-slit spectral power decreases when attention was focused towards the double slit as compared to away from it. Why than Nada, Mantras etc sung or chanted properly should not activate various links of the cosmic body acting as phonetic passwords to shake hands and to resonate with the Akashic fields? It is in this light that the approaches of our Rishis, NYs through Yoga, intuition, Mantra Shakti and all for transcending the mental layer, must be seen. Vedantic lore has anchored its thoughts for benevolent use only. It seems to deny access for malevolent applications controlling through Mantras and Nada based phonetic passwords, thus providing access only to those ethics bound, evolved / evolving souls so as to prevent disastrous consequences. Mantras seem to yield their full benefits only to sincere, devoted, pious and austere souls and have a high degree of resistivity to others. There is a limit beyond which inductive logic fails and then it is the intuitive perception ie higher order of creativity takes over permitting downloading of sukshmas from Akasa. The intuitive perception is enhanced many folds through: Nada, Gayatri Mantra upasanas (Practice), control of BMCA, and through Yogic and Dharmic practices. et al collectively recognized as spiritual practices .We do know that a cosmological string can vibrate with its entire harmonics, overtones etc. as in a musical note in myriad aesthetic and pleasing ways. Such Planck level micro strings are said to be the tiniest subatomic bits that make up all the constituents of the universes, behaving like the vibrating strings of a violin. Why then, it is not probable that sound, speech, thoughts, feelings, smell, tastes, et al are also such entities that could subtly influence the cosmological strings and other energy links supporting the spiritual visions of our rishis? Does it not add some credence that, Yagnas, Mantras like the GM, Nadopasana et al can have benevolent effects and negative energies such as ill feelings, hatred, cheating, criminal thoughts and actions, can also have malevolent effects.
As we have also seen, GM opens the door of, say, Ashtanga Yoga, of which the first five steps, namely, Yama, Niyama, Asana, Pranayama and Pratyahara are the preliminaries promoting ‘sAmAnya dharma’, elevating the personality of individuals. These five steps are within the reach of most of the people who wish to usher in, all its unlimited benefits. A group of such individuals in every nation and across the globe will truly be the eligible citizens of “vasudhaiva kutumbakam” which scientists reckon as “ Quantum Activism”. When such groups grow up to a critical mass it will set up its own chain reactions, eventually at least minimizing if not eradicating ethnic, religious and political tensions that fuel violence and conflict between individuals, communities and nations. This trend is now seen picking up globally, stemming out of increasing frustrations. Many right thinking people and institutions , more so the New Age Scientists are very earnestly involved in integrating a massive network of brains to input positive emotions and to cultivate “do good” attitudes in peoples across cultures as a global mass movement. Of them, the most prominent is the “Quantum Activists” movement catalysed by Dr. Amit Goswami as Quantum Mechanics firmly states that it is Consciousness that shapes the worlds inside out, more so the collective Consciousness. GM had made it clear when it said our Budhis and not mine alone, be kindled. This view is further strengthened by Sheldrake’s theory of morphogenetic templates (criticized by some scientists but upheld by many New Age scientists) which nonlocally and instantly guides at speeds more than the speed of light – which Einstein initially protested saying ‘spooky action at a distance’ but later agreed as a quantum phenomena
That is why it is said that in earlier Yugas (Hindus cosmological time cycle), there was profound happiness, peace, prosperity, health and all round fragrance as those who lived then are attributed to have lead a highly dhArmik life, creating a better world, each previous Yuga being better than the succeeding Yuga. Garbage in garbage out phenomenon is thus conspicuous.
Anyone can profit from kindling his BMCA, gradually shedding his ego, greed etc. So in conclusion through Yoga, NY and Mantra Shakti any one can tend to achieve BT and NB status for the mundane world, to collectively transform itself as a better place to live in. In this context what Toynbee said of Hindu philosophy of life and its culture is very thought-provoking. He wrote: “We witness such unique mental approach and Consciousness among Indians as may help humanity progress like a family unit. If we do not wish to perish in this atomic age, we have no other alternative left. “To become BT or NB it is not necessary to become a sanyasi . Says Adi-Shankara in his Bajagovindam that it enough one strictly follows the first 5 steps of say Ashtanga yoga (Privritti Marga) which with minimum effort and devotion most can achieve realization
If the human Buddhi can be imagined, say as computer system as a whole (on date far from it actually), then operating program / operating software is the mind; the input / output devices the Indriyas; the memory Chittha; and output devices are the paths taken. The individual BMCA is a local IT system linking with Consciousness, which also functions as the Master Server of the universes, with its own complex networking strategies. Thus Buddhi of an individual is the head of this sub-system functioning in coordination with Manas, Chittha, Ego and Indrias, forming part of an integrated network of, the universal Cosmic Intellect . BMCA can be cultivated to uplift and transform one’s personality, as in the case of Nada Yogi Thyagaraja, or can be destructive as in the case of terrorists. Akasa is flashing divine guidance, incessantly through downward causation . Simultaneously the mundane, especially the Kali Yuga world tempts man with many enticements, (Maya’s role) to see whether one falls a prey, serving as real test beds. The steadfast individual pursues the path of Sanatanadharma or NY without vacillation and attains BT or NB status. If one should tend to yield to allurements, a cultivated body-mind combine gets actuated to serve as a braking and guiding system. An uncultivated Buddhi cannot control its constituents from going astray. In this actual tug of war Karma balance sheet (kbs) plays a vital role in tipping the scale depending on the strength of one’s BMCA. If uncultivated BMCA prevails, it leads to the individual being born in a lower order, repeatedly, enduring various types of sufferings. NY as the name suggests is a form of yoga to attain the status of Nada Brahman.
As we have seen, Consciousness / Akasa / Brahman / Atman are eternal and infinite, and in summary the cause and effect verily. Consciousness seems to be bestowed in a limited way to all animates with the exception of the human beings enjoying a much better share than other animates. Is it a partiality? No, the fact of human birth by itself signifies that one had done enough of good things to have due credit lines in his Karmic Balance Sheet (kbs) deserving such a birth. But it can get enhanced to the same level as Brahman’s or can get reduced to the lowest level, again in tune with one’s kbs and the spiritual strength gained or lost in the present Janma (life). Brahman / Consciousness is the only thing that exists from which alone all pre-evolved things are lashed out with shapes. structures, objectives etc and reabsorbed at the end of each cosmic cycle. The first book of the Hindus, Rig Veda proclaims ekaM sat viprA: bahudhA vadanti. There is only one truth, that is, Brahman, the primordial force. Men describe it in different ways. Therefore, paths could be different, but the end is always the welfare of mankind and of all its entities. Brahman is the reality behind everything in the universe. The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, 1.4.10, asserts “Aham brahmAsmi” which means, “I am Brahman” and that I can also be as knowledgeable as Brahman. As we shall see in subsequent paragraphs this, Cosmic Intelligence or in other words Consciousness is present in all the Akashic fields, seemingly the vast empty space .Also present in all atoms that any individual body is composed of. Besides it establishes continuity and omnipresence of cosmic knowledge and its free availability for anyone including the scientists of the day to tap, provided he acquires the required level of spiritual strength. As such by fusing one’s mind with the Cosmic Intellect, one can tap even the secrets of nature but only to promote global harmony and welfare and not for personal adharmic gains.
As we have seen earlier, clearly, a low energy thought led to intense physical activity. The same should hold good in the case of any of the entire gamut of mental and physical activities. This is akin-- a greatly miniaturized fashion of course, --- to the functioning of say a, low powered electronic control circuit starting, sensing, integrating, recording, guiding, controlling, monitoring and so on of very powerful devices / machineries. Mostly, it may be such Micro Energies which are actualizing the universe by tapping the energies of the operational links involved, similar to the operational control systems of huge industrial setups through low powered electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and such other hybrid control signals / devices and systems. This is one of the most important points to take note of. If these premises are granted, then the logical question is why Mantras, Nada etc chanted / sung properly should not activate various links of the cosmic body? Further, is it ever possible to obtain a comprehensive view of the roles played by each one of these Micro Energies purely by deductive / experimental means? It is in this light that the approach of our rishis through Yoga, intuition, (Mantra Shakti) and so on, must be seen as a possible – however remote it might seem at this moment – modus operandi for a solution. Mantras and elevating artistic performances can be conceived as phonetic passwords (Micro-Energy Password) to handshake with pre-programmed other Micro / Macro Energies to trigger and shower benevolence.. Out of thousands of Mantras yielding benevolent results 24 Bijaksharas of Gayatri Mantra with their specialized word and phonetic settings are said to produce such sophisticated pockets of waveforms from various locations (PARALLEL OPERATION) to shower clusters of multifold benevolence, Hence the power, primacy and efficacy of Gayatri over other Mantras which prompted Sri Krishna to authenticate saying “Amongst Mantras I am Gayatri”. As such, Consciousness is universal, mind. It has two aspects. The first aspect is that it is an infinite Cosmic Intelligence that governs all the universes and includes the second aspect which is the Collective Consciousness of everyone and everything that exists in all levels
I am also inclined to believe that the very essence of religion, its practices, the concept of Saguna Brahman have arisen to promote this mass effect of collective Consciousness as it is impossible to make everyone follow the ultimate Nirguna aspect straight away. Saguna worships are steps to reach the Nirguna level by a very few if only they are highly persistent
Also we have seen that in the mundane world how the collective Consciousness at the international, national, and other levels have mostly contributed to betterment: even though, most of them tainted with vested interests unlike the spiritually motivated assemblages: Examples, the UN, WHO, ISO, IEC, FDA, THE INTERNET, cooperative research programmes such as CERN’s LHC, SETI@home and all.
Briefly, GM means: let that Omnipresent, Primordial Force, Brahman, (AUM), The Ultimate Reality or Akasa or the Unified Field and its derivative Quantum Vacuum Fields embedded with Consciousness or Cosmic Intelligence (call, Him or It, or by any name) which sustains and presides over the universes, kindle, our BMCA, (all explained below) enlighten and make us realize that all of us can also acquire Brahmatejas.
Only, when one synchronizes one’s awareness with the Consciousness or Cosmic Intelligence, he can attain that absolute power of Brahman, reckoned as Brahmatejas and gradually become Brahmatejesvin.or nada yogin . As per Brahma Sutras (BS), AUM, Akasa, Gayatri Mantra, Vedas, Jyothi, Prana, are also the very Brahman. Hindus view the self-same Brahman as having either the impersonal aspect with no attributes at all as Nirguna or having personal aspects as Saguna Brahman to facilitate worship and meditate upon one’s Ishta Devata (Chosen God). Some people believe in Saguna and some in Nirguna. One has the option. Most people believe in Saguna Brahman as it is easier to conceptualise. On the other hand, Nirguna Brahman is difficult to realise. Theoretically a sadhaka (aspirant) can rise in the spiritual ladder, notch by notch, till he realizes Brahman. Reaching that level, he can administer over life, energy and through it matter, for the benefit of nature alone. Of course, at that level one would never use it to satisfy one’s ego or greed. Let us ponder over what this enlightening of our Buddhis by GM or NY mean and what benefits could accrue from such kindling.
Universes seem to be managed by the Unified Field, and its derivatives known, and presently unknown, embedding Consciousness- the knowledge total- containing DNAs of universes by Brahman and His agencies. The said management it appears, is ensured through manipulation of all types of energies in a centralized decentralized fashion in due proportion to the rita of the society and the degree of adherence to laid down dharmic rules in a given period. Sukshmas can be tapped for selfless service, from Akasa in tune with one’s spiritual strength. Thus there are enough logic, sciences and precedence to do so becoming Rishi Scientists complementing inductive with intuitive approaches.
Rishis of yore and such rakshasas (mythological terrorists) like Hiranyaksha, Ravana seem to have downloaded some of these sukshmas.from Akasa. While rishis stood for totally selfless service in line with the vedic dictum “idam na mama” the rakshasas were adharmic and used it for self aggrandizements through destruction of opponents. So all measures to protect and prevent sukshmas from falling into the hands of unevolved persons have been clamped by Devi Gayatri and by Sri Krishna, by enforcing very severely conditioned concepts of Brahmin hood, stipulating yogic cleansing and purification of one’s Buddhi,Manas,Chitta and Ahankara complex (BMCA) , and insisting adherence to very severe levels of ethics, austerity, etc. a process, similar to what the chief administrators of reputed organizations do in selecting their confidential secretaries. Surely Vedas do not grant exclusivity for anyone to attain Brahmin hood and it is open to all.
According to the Brahma sutras of the Vedas, Devi. Sabdha, Gayatri are also Brahman. Sri Krishna proclaims “Among mantras, I am Gayatri.” Read together, it means Gayatri is the controller of all mantras. It is She who initiates every aspirant through Brahmopadesha, the first baby step, towards attaining Brahmatejas. Besides that, She also plays a role in lifting up in stages (say as in the eight stages of Ashtanga yoga) as many people as possible up the ladder of Moksha (enlightenment) to the level of Brahman, subject to strict elimination of the unfit at each stage.
Gayatri mantra’s imperative clause “Let our Buddhi be kindled” holds the key to unlock the sukshmas. What happens when the Buddhi is kindled by yoga, mantras and Nada? The yogic disciplining and conditioning of man's complex BMCA, the practice of the Gayatri Mantra, Nada yoga, adherence to prescribed Sanathanadharma and all, establish the needed resonant receptivity to handshake with each stage, ultimately enabling anyone, be he a householder, a sanyasin or a man or a woman, belonging to any varna, to tune up with the Akashic fields, subject to various other conditions.
There is a limit beyond which inductive logic fails and then it is the intuitive perception that takes over. The intuitive perception is enhanced many folds through Gayatri Mantra (GM), Nada upasanas (Practice), control of BMCA, and through Yogic and Dharmic practices
Says Lord Krishna---RAjavidyA rAjaguhyaM pavitramidamuttamaM pratyakShAvagamaM dharmyaM susukhaM kartumavyayaM
Vedic knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion, It is everlasting and it is joyfully performed-- Gita, 9 – 2
In Glimpses of Vedic Metaphysics, Prem Shabhlok points out that the Vedic way of life called Sanathanadharma is a spiritual science. Being scriptures for the welfare of mankind, no specific religion is mentioned in Vedas. He supports the above views by adding that out of about 17,000 hymns in the Vedas, slightly less than half relate to Metaphysics, which Bhagavad Gita says is the supreme science meant to uphold the Vedic dictum “idaM na mama” meaning nothing for self, (all for the society). It should aim at unity in diversity i.e. should lead to universal brotherhood shaping-up global family. He has covered these aspects exhaustively and has also enumerated the scientific and globally integrating spiritual, reach and all time achievements of Vedas in his website- metaphysics. Www. Sabhlokcity.com and in his other array of publications
Where is this knowledge? It is everywhere, in each atom too. Pausha Suktha extends a mythological hint by saying that Brahman took a gigantic form with 1000 heads and all and sacrificed itself as havan in Agni so as to be present as Akasa everywhere and in every atom too thereby confirming also that Atman and Brahman are one and the same and GM says our Buddhi and not our Mind be kindled. So our Buddhi operates from each atom within and outside of us, severally and together drawing inspirations from Akasa.
The Rishis, Siddhers, Yogis Sanathanists et al seem to have understood this Akashic power and downloaded the coded secrets of nature (sukshmas) through Tapas,i.e by establishing Resonant Receptivity (RR) with it. Rakshasas forced these Rishis, learnt the art perfected by them acquired enormous destructive power. And hence need for a number of passwords and several security gates. Resonant Receptivity is akin to the process by which the local oscillator of a radio or TV decodes the signal frequencies of broadcasting stations.
Is it possible to tap the knowledge (secrets of nature called sukshmas) from Akasa and if so where is this Akasa? Yes. All universes are made of atoms and if one can magnify an atom to the size of a football field then a small pebble there, is the nucleus. Rest what? Akasa. “AUM Akasahath Vayuhu---“ is the vedic statement supporting it.Why, even the nucleus is vibrations in the Akasa. So, theoretically every atom should contain some or all of the sukshmas of nature in a manner the seeds contain the trees. Nature ensures these Akasic spaces are kept updated with our Karmic Balance Sheet (KBS) and all, at all times. Real time monitoring and guidance is implied in the afore said vedic indication “anantum”. As such nature should have its own feed -back systems in place, The intuitive flashes of Conciousness i.e. knowledge on any and all aspects forming a part of such feed-back systems, are beamed out to one’s highly tuned Buddhi, Manas, Chitta and Ahankara (BMCA) complex to pick up. Kalidasa, Shakespeare Valmiki, Ramanujam,Einstein, Thyagaraja, Swami Viivekanand, Meera Bai, and such others picked these up and developed it further to render free and selfless services to the society. Further, the capacity for Akasa to hold sukshmas is unlimited. It recalls Nobelist Richard Feynman’s famous quote “ there is enough room at the bottom “ Gayatri mantra’s imperative clause “Let our Buddhi be kindled”-pl note not my Mind- holds the key to unlock the sukshmas. What happens when Buddhi is kindled? The yogic disciplining and conditioning of man's complex BMCA, the practice of Gayatri Mantra upasanas and strict adherence to prescribed Sanathanadharma,(SD) Nadayoga, Namasankeertana(NS) and all, establish the needed Resonant Receptivity to shake hand with each stage, ultimately enabling anyone, be he a householder, a sanyasin or a man belonging to any Varna, to tune up with the Akasic field. Adi Sankara says so in his Bajagovindam songs ““Yogarato VA bhogarato VA sa~Ngarato vA sa~NgavihInaHa |yasya Brahmanai ramate chittam nandati nandati nandatyeva” Meaning-whether one is immersed in Yoga or is reveling in bhoga (i.e., outward enjoyment), whether he is enjoying himself in some company or has retired into solitude, true happiness certainly cannot be his; but only to him who alone is reveling inwardly in Brahman, (wherever he be), he alone will be truly happy and will enjoy. By that he is clear that it is not necessary to become a sanyasi but even householders can profit through downloading provided he is at least a Privritti Margi. One may note many celebrated Rishis were running their families. The discussions below will indicate that with little more discipline anyone can become Privritti Margi.The reason why Buddhi and not Mind be kindled is that Buddhi is everywhere, in every atom and in all spaces inside and outside of us as we have seen. The most difficult part of Yoga however, is control of the body and mind. The Tamil philosopher-saint Thayyumanavar (1705–1742) says: "It is easy to control an elephant, catch hold of the tiger's tail, grab the snake and dance, dictate the angels, transmigrate into another body, walk on water or sit on the sea; but it is difficult to control the mind and remain quiet”. But Yoga and GM can lead you to achieve these Budhi, it is said, has 3 children, manas, chitta an ahankara-If these children get cultivated and obey buddhi, then one can become a great Rishi or a Scientist et al. If not one has all the qualifications to become a rakshasa. So one of the main goals and aims of Yoga is to make these children obey buddhi. Why buddhi? Sciences now support that divine instructions are being received only by buddhi from Akasa through Nonlocalaction, Morphic resonance/ templates,(outlined elsewhere) et al. Gayatri had confirmed this way back saying NAHA DHEEHI PRACHODAYAT. Pl note, NAHA means OUR and not MINE alone,bringing out the significance of Collective Consciousness and DHEEHI means Budhi and not mind. Yoga unites and conditions the (BMCA) complex by cleansing and purifying it by ensuring adherence to severe levels of ethics, austerity, personal and collective disciplines , meditations , mantras etc. to comply with the said flashes called causations governing the universes’. In essence all these are meant to instil ----and continuously improve higher orders of individual and collective discipline.
According to the Brahma sutras, Devi Gayatri is Brahman. Sri Krishna proclaims “Among mantras, I am Gayatri.” Read together, it means Gayatri is the controller of all mantras. Indian classical music / Namasankeertanas are also deemed as mantras. GM therefore represents all Mantra Sakthis . It is ‘She’ who initiates every aspirant through Brahmopadesa, the first baby step, towards attaining Brahmatejas. Besides that, ‘She’ also plays a role in lifting up in stages (say as in the eight stages of Ashtanga yoga) as many people as possible up the ladder of moksha (enlightenment) to the level of Brahman, subject to strict elimination of the unfit at each stage, also showering the benefits of the stage reached. As such let me reckon ‘Her’ as the HRD head of Universes. More the numbers of evolved souls the more the wellness as per vedic aims and aspirations.
As we have seen, consciousness / akasa / Brahman are eternal and infinite, and in summary the cause and effect verily. Consciousness seems to be bestowed in a limited way to all animates with the exception of the human beings enjoying a much better share than other animates. Is it a partiality? No, the fact of human birth by itself signifies that one had done enough of good things to have due credit lines in his Karmic balance sheet (KBS) deserving such a birth. But it can get enhanced to the same level as Brahman’s or can get reduced to the lowest level, again in tune with one’s KBS and the spiritual strength gained or lost in the present Janma (life). Brahman / consciousness is the only thing that exists from which alone all pre-evolved things are lashed out with shapes. structures, objectives etc. and reabsorbed at the end of each cosmic cycle. The Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, 1.4.10, asserts “Aham BrahmAsmi” which means, “I am Brahman” and that I can also be as knowledgeable as Brahman. This, cosmic intelligence or in other words consciousness is present in all the Akasic fields, seemingly the vast empty space and in all atoms that any individual body is composed of, thus establishing continuity and omnipresence of cosmic knowledge and its free availability for anyone including the scientists. musicologists, and to all seekers of the day to tap, provided they acquire the required level of spiritual strength. As such by fusing one’s mind with the Cosmic Intellect, one can tap even the secrets of nature but only to promote global harmony and welfare and not for personal adharmic gains.. Mantras and elevating artistic performances can be conceived as phonetic passwords (Micro-Energy Password) to handshake with pre-programmed other Micro / Macro Energies to trigger and shower benevolence or malevolent effects.?????
Everything including Consciousness, thoughts, feelings et al are nothing but Energy Fields.
The Micro Energies (MEs) what they do?
Physics has come to realize that there is nothing like matter, other than a concentrated form of energies floating in various fields (Akasic fields). So, the four percent matter in the visible universe is but floating foam like islands in the ocean of somewhat known energies rest represented by Dark Matter and Dark Energy. As such our material world is nothing more than the extension or manifestation of energies. This includes also the energy contents of thinking, speaking, feelings, etc.
There is yet another facet of these MEs worthy of investigation. Even though each one of these MEs carry a very very small amount of energy, all living organisms have been generating this spectrum of energies for ages and will continue to do so. As no energy can get destroyed. The sigma effect of such MEs generated so far should be mammoth in magnitude. Also at any given instant the sum total of MEs generated should be huge in my view and it has the merit for the rishi scientists to fathom their roles and effects. It is also known that voice based sound requires a medium and as such cannot operate in vacuum but they get transformed as electromagnetic ones and operate the linkages involved. Source- File: plutchick-wheel-svg from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Are the MEs the operators of The Universes?
To illustrate how individual Consciousness activates, imagine that one wanted to play tennis. This is a low energy conscious thought which activated a chain of other thoughts and directed actions, till the objective of playing was achieved. What would have happened? The desire to play with a friend, say, manifested itself as a thought. This thought generated a plethora and a cascade of interacting thoughts in the brain, electromagnetic signal which permeated the nervous system and activated appropriate links in proper sequence, till the basic desire was realized (Based on--http://buddhasociety.com/guide-to-ultimate-reality). Clearly, a low energy thought led to intense physical activity. The same should hold good in the case of any of the entire gamut of mental and physical activities. This is akin-- a greatly miniaturized fashion of course, --- to the functioning of say a, low powered electronic control circuits starting, sensing, integrating, recording, guiding, controlling, monitoring and so on of very powerful devices / machineries. Mostly, it may be such Micro Energies which are actualizing the universe by tapping the energies of the operational links involved similar to the operational control systems of huge industrial setups through low powered electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and such other hybrid control signals / devices and systems. This is one of the most important points to take note of. If these premises are granted, then the logical question is why mantras etc chanted properly should not activate various links of the cosmic body? Further, is it ever possible to obtain a comprehensive view of the roles played by each one of these Micro Energies purely by deductive / experimental means? It is in this light that the approach of our rishis through Yoga, intuition, (Mantra Shakti) and so on, must be seen as a possible – however remote it might seem at this moment – modus operandi for a solution
Out of thousands of mantras yielding benevolent results, 24 Bijaksharas of Gayatri Mantra with their specialized word and phonetic settings are multichannel local oscillators downloading sophisticated pockets of waveforms ( parallel processing) from various locations simultaneously to shower clusters of multifold benevolence. Hence the power, primacy and efficacy of Gayatri over other mantras which prompted Sri Krishna to authenticate saying “Amongst mantras I am Gayatri”
It is apt to refer poet Kaldassa’s praise of Kali Matha (Divine Mother Kali) as Sabdhatmike, Nadatmike and the Beeja Mantras wherein subda is more important than its meaning like Aum, Srim, Hrim, Krom, Vam, Rum, Lam, Sam, Sham, Sum, Hum, Lym, and so on. Vedic texts, in fact, describe transcending sound as the pre-eminent means for attaining higher, spiritual Consciousness, about which the great musicians of India have sung and experienced. Soulful music is known to be spiritually elevating and even cause ecstasy and transcendence. One cannot imagine India without such elevating musical performances.
As such, consciousness is universal, mind. It has two aspects. The first aspect is that it is infinite Cosmic Intelligence that governs all the universes and includes the second aspect which is the Collective Consciousness of everyone and everything that exists in all levels representing the net totality, of all benevolent and malevolent minds in existence, and then moderated by certain divine algorithms. Gayatri mantra opens the door and paves the way for an individual to elevate his personality. Should there be such aspirants in every society even adopting its own methods, they will form seed groups of Vasudaiva Kutumbakams. Beyond a critical size, the groups will multiply owing to a cascading effect. Eventually, such expanded groups can acquire the potential to eradicate ethnic, religious, and political tensions that fuel violence and conflict between individuals, communities and nations. Basically Vedic tenets focus on elevating the benevolent characteristics of each individual so that automatically, communities, societies, nation, and the world can transform their places of living. The morphic templates supercharged with desirable traits created by noble souls will hasten the transformation with a multiplier effect. I am inclined to believe that the very essence of religion, its practices, the concept of saguna Brahman have arisen to promote the mass effects of collective Consciousness as it is impossible to make every one follow the ultimate Ningana aspect in one shot. One must see to believe its effects at the time of festivals like Deepavali, Pongal, X-Mas or the festivals of temples / churches,mosques et al, or when big Yagnas are conducted, People voluntarily come forward to participate in full strength, spending as much of their resources as possible, complimenting each other’s efforts, long time enemies becoming friends, number of marital alliances are fixed etc So “Quantum Activism’ is about changing ourselves and creating a better world cooperatively in accordance with the new paradigm articulated by Quantum Physics: Consciousness creates reality. As such there is a dire need to strengthen this as a globally catalyzing movement as quickly as possible to reap its unlimited benefits as it was in the earlier yugas,
Sabdha Brahman, Yagnas, Mantras, their importance?
There are important aspects as regards chanting of Mantra that merits consideration. Rishis took enormous care and enumerated a number of steps to safeguard and to preserve the tonal and verbal purity of mantras through the ages. Such a care has been taken so as to totally avoid, errors, distortions, later date additions creeping in and that the mantras are recited with correct pronunciation (Akshara suddhi), correct duration for the utterance of words (Matra suddhi) and correct intonation of words (Swara suddhi). Laid down rules regulated these so that, not a syllable was changed in chanting, not a swara was altered. Why they did that? In this way only they ensured that the full benefits of RR can be derived from intoning the Mantras as envisaged. They fixed the time taken to chant each syllable of a word and called this unit of time or time interval "Matra” and defined how we must regulate our breathing to produce the desired vibration in particular parts of our body so that the sound of the syllable chanted is produced in its pre- defined form, They believed that altering merely the pitch alone out of all these parameters might lead to a situation as exemplified in the story of Vritra who, instead of killing Indra, got killed by Indra, by just a change of Swara.
The strict chanting methods also accounted for faithful transmission, more efficacious than palm leaves. The transmission through recitation, from father to son or teacher to disciple, has been faultless, over millennia. The ultimate authority in Vedic matters is therefore never the printed page but rather an oral word, the Centuries-old tradition being kept alive Mantras can be conceived as phonetic passwords (Micro-Energy Password) to handshake with pre-programmed other Micro / Macro Energies to trigger and shower benevolence. A possible explanation in my mind seems to rest on two axioms. These are 1- that all things are complex, pockets of energies meaning bundles of frequencies with all their harmonics inaudible, audible, as manifested or unmanifested in the Implicate Enfolded and Explicate Unfolded orders and 2- the second one centers around the axiom that our human body in some way represents also the cosmic, body and is in concordance with it in respect of sound and other energy waves generated and acted upon by these bodies . On these considerations certain human sound and cosmic sound wave form may have some sort of compatibility and concordance requirements which if complied with is able to shake hands with each other using their passwords to trigger benevolent or malevolent effects. After shaking hands signals received are acted upon by the corresponding concordant points of the human and other biological entities. In fact there can be no other valid explanation of so many genuine seekers receiving immense benefits purely by chanting.
It is again emphasized that mantras,yagnas et al seem to yield their full benefits only to sincere, devoted and pious souls and have a high degree of resistivity to others. As we have seen Brahma Sutra reckons Gayatri as Brahman and as such this Mantra should preside over all other mantras. Based on this I am inclined to infer that intense GM upasana seems to open initially the basic minimum connectivity and keeps a tag and, progressively enlarges it commanding all other Mantras up to the point of realization depending on the progress made by the aspirant.i.e controlled entry, guidance and monitoring progress thereafter. It is also a matter of significance that initiation for achieving Brahmatejas during Brahmopadesa is only through Gayatri Mantra and not through any other Mantra. This indicates that Gayatri’s role as Brahman is to nurture and bring up as many Brahmatejesvins as possible with the elimination of unfit.
Remarkable methods have also been devised to make sure that words and syllables are not altered or new ones inserted. ). Vedantic literature also affirms the use of sound as a spiritual tool which is not read but heard (srutam) by Rishis during transcendence. Is it a strange coincidence that String theory, Field theories, QM and all such modern theories are wave centric unlike the initial particle centric concepts of the standard model? Is it not a matter of high relevance that Vedas, Mantras Yagnas, Musical systems and all, have been wave centric which fact draws our attention for further investigation? Mahaperiyava sri Chandrasekra Saraswathi swamigal of Kanchi mutt has brought out these and very many such vedantic aspects in a simple yet convincing manner in his magnum opus Deivattin Kural.
It is apt to note that by kindling their minds Maharishis, NYs, Nayanmars, Alwars and Siddhers have thus communicated their contributions in engineering, mathematics, medicine, surgery, environmental protection, growth of peace, prosperity, martial strategies, wartime ammunitions, trade/commerce, production of utilities, arts, literature, philosophies, sciences and what not about which great thinkers of the world have written elaborately and will continue to do so. Web sites and literature abound in detailing India’s contributions in almost all areas of spirituality, scientific, social, cultural developments and human efforts and therefore not being handled in this write-up save a few by way of illustrations which are less covered, have the depth, farsightedness and are inspired ones of our Rishis/ NYs. India lost this all round developmental momentum during foreigner’s ruling for a considerable period. Catching up on our past glory Indians now have started to make our presence felt in a number of fields even though we are beset with innumerable problems.
Super scientific vedic precepts and contributions by rishis / NYs; illustrative:

l.gopalan

Post by l.gopalan »

part B

Super scientific vedic precepts and contributions by rishis / NYs; illustrative:
ILLUSTRATION--- A--Taittiriya Upanishad (Bhriguvalli):
"Apsu Jyothi Prthistitham, Jyotirapsu Pratishtithaha”(Ch.8)
"Prituvyam Akasa Aha Prtishtithaha, Akaso Pritvi Pratishtitha" (Ch. 9)
In light (Jyothi), water (app), is established: the earth (matter, born out of Akasa) is established in the Akasa, and Akasa in the earth.
The above Taittiriya Upanishad says: In light water is established and in water light is established. Is it not a ludicrous statement? Yes it is, on its surface but it contains the most subtle secrets of nature. Substitute for matter, its predominant form, water and likewise for light, energy. Are you able to see Einstein’s concept of matter energy equivalence and their convertibility?
What else does it say? Water and light are established in space. Does it mean anything at all?
Why are you so impatient? It means a lot more and conveyed most subtle sukshmas (Fundamental secrets of nature) many thousands of years back when others were still living in caves. How ? Let us see:-The hymn says: space is that, which has matter and or energy / if none of these two are present then there is no space, is that clear?
What is your idea of vacuum? No matter or energy there, is it not? Not only your’s but scientists too thought so, till yesterday.  Vedas never agreed to this. But on what basis? Vedas always said that Akasa, the Sanskrit word for sky the open space is its cradle and grave of all universes.
Are you not stretching it too much? Why should I? Look at Vedic statement- Om Akasaha , Akasath Vayu Hu etc. and then Brahma Sutra also advances  clear cut explanation as said earlier : That which is called Akasa :(Brahman—The Quantum vacuum field as we reckon- is the revealer and absorber of all forms and names; that within which forms and names are, that is Brahman. (DNAS do the same) Source--Chh. Up. VIII-14-1 and Brahma Sutras translated ted by Swami Sivananda, (September 8, 1887 – July 14, 1963) chapter one: samanvaya adhyaya Section 1: sutra 22
CHANDOKYA UP and TIRUMULAR CONFIRM IT.
Brahman is life, Brahman is joy, and Brahman is the void
'BrahmaiVedaaam Viswamidam Varistham'.
This entire manifested universe is verily Brahman
TIRUMULAR-Tamilian Siddhar / author of TIrumandiram 0f 3000verses says- Energy is present in the vacuum, in the universe, in Atman, which is part of the same light of Brahman and that the forms and the light are one and the same-verses 2685 and 2681
ILLUSTRATION--- B
Srimad Bhagavatam, (SB) 5:21:19-translation says in his orbit through Bhū-mandala, the Sun-god traverses at a speed of 256 km /second and is very close to the scientific value presented below, Source-- Arthur P. Norton's Star Atlas. New York: Longman Scientific & Technical, 1978: 92."... The sun's neighbourhood, including the Sun itself, are moving around the centre of our Galaxy in approximately circular orbits with velocities of the order of 250 km/ secomd
ILLUSTRATION---C
Further, Jean-Claude Bailly noted 18th century French astronomer (1736–93) said: "The motion of the stars calculated by the Hindus before some 4500 years vary not even a single minute from the tables of Cassini and Meyer (used in the 19th century). The Indian tables give the same annual variation of the moon as discovered by Tycho Brahe – a variation unknown to the school of Alexandria and also to the Arabs who followed the calculations of the school… “The Hindu systems of astronomy are by far the oldest and that from which the Egyptians, Greek, Romans and – even the Jews derived from the Hindus their knowledge.
ILLUSTRATION --D
Aryabhata wrote that 1,582,237,500 rotations of the Earth equal 57,753,336 lunar orbits. This is an extremely accurate ratio of a fundamental astronomical unit (1,582,237,500 / 57,753,336 = 27.3964693572 earth rotations. Per lunar orbit), and is perhaps the oldest astronomical constant
Components of Tapas that enhances extraordinary levels of creativity
Transcendence and Nonlocalaction ; According to Oxford dictionary: “Transcendence” is “Existence or experience beyond the normal or physical level or the concept of being entirely above the created universe or climbing or going beyond some philosophical concept or limit”. Our Yogis are of that kind. In Vedanta it is Gnana, a process of progressively uplifting say by practicing eight--fold paths of Ashtanga and or other Yogas and Mantras to resonate with cosmic intellect. There has been a resurgence of interest in such words as Transcendence, Consciousness, etc., in part due to the work of Alain Aspect (born 15 June 1947) at the University of Paris. He experimentally confirmed (1982) the idea of transcendence in quantum physics. He proved that when two quantum objects are correlated, if we measure one, (thus collapsing the wave function) wave function of the other also collapses instantaneously, even if they are at the opposite ends of the universe, thus establishing "Nonlocalaction” without using any known signals. This establishes and supports the “Downward causation” in QM due to divine interaction, says Dr Amit Goswami. (See, God is not dead- for details Source- Alain Aspect from Wikipedia WP: CC-BY-SA3.0) Morphic resonance ; Sheldrake's Morphic resonance hypothesis WP: CC-BY-SA3.0 ---(1881) posits that memory is inherent in the natural systems, as seen in termite colonies, or pigeons, or orchid plants, or insulin molecules, inheriting a collective memory from all previous things of their kind It is a self-organising system born out of memory from similar previous systems. In its most general formulation, Morphic resonance means that the so-called laws of nature are more like habits. It speaks about the influence of previous structures of activity on subsequent similar structures of activity organized by Morphic fields. The greater the similarity, the greater the influence of Morphic resonance. As such musical memories of the past should influence the musicology of the present. Initially the scientific community treated this as pseudo science lacking in experimental evidence but now is well cited by New Age scientists This hypothesis also leads to a radically new interpretation of memory storage in the brain and of biological inheritance. Memory need not be stored in material traces inside brains, but can be received by tuning as in a TV receiver. And biological inheritance need not all be coded in the genes, or in epigenetic modifications of the genes; much of it depends on Morphic resonance from previous members of the species. Thus each individual inherits a collective memory from past members of the species, and also contributes to the collective memory, affecting other members of the species in the future.
In his book “A New Science of Life”,in 1981, he points out that If we can cultivate an attitude within the brain a circuit for an emotional bakthi, love, mercy, or a pattern of music for instance, they create their template on these, which are not stored in the brain, but Nonlocally ie in space ie Akasa. Quantum memory is Nonlocal– outside of space and time – everywhere. Constant and continuous application of such templates over years, in my reckoning gets a permanent set in the DNA structure of an individual. This is one of the most essential factors, ensuring the preservation and development of any of our systems, customs , habits etc and particularly in our musical systems termed Bhani say the Bhani of Madurai Mani Iyer or that of GNB or my Bhani et al. This process explains why some students learn music fast, the modern youngsters seem to perform much better and also how some perform well without undergoing structured coaching but merely through listening to music (kelvi gnanam in Tamil). As such three is lot of merit and logic in our scriptures and philosophies advocating ethical, moral, codes, conventions and practices of our ways of living.
We can develop such templates in communities and in groups in such a way that Nonlocality will charge the morphic field gradually and continuously say with such traits. These Nonlocal fields are then available in the future and can be used automatically, without effort, by everyone of the same kind, thus creating and sustaining a multiplier effect. From this it should be clear that we should stay away from creating undesirable templates. So, we should develop people to become active members of the Quantum Activism movement and encourage them to acquire brain circuits with such traits.
Therefore the goal of a Quantum Activist is to express wellness, beauty, truth, justice, spirituality and love in their life and to donate those qualities for the benefit of humanity at large, creating such desirable templates. In doing so, the Quantum Activism will tend to transform the world. Such a trend is now seen picking up globally stemming out of all-round increasing frustrations. Many right thinking people and institutions are very earnestly involved in integrating massive network of brains and hearts to input positive emotions and to cultivate “Do good” attitudes as a global mass movement to progressively reduce the present levels of threatening garbage inputs
Karl Pearson in his book “Grammar of science” rightly points out that any learning is a mental construct and therefore the attitude of the BMCA complex.. Based on this, one can only wonder at the mighty intuitive power of the Rishis and NYs to have used these innate manodharmic attitudes and morphic templates in the very design and developments of CM, another unique aspect indeed of our classical music systems. Further to have designed a system that exploits these aspects fully, especially the human Anatomy and its extreme Physiological coordination to deliver the melody is by itself should be a higher order intuitive process. Proof of the budding is clearly seen when the artists pour down torrential aesthetics in the form of innumerable complicated kritis, ragas, kalpana swaras, pidis, and the korvaies of pakka vadyams etc.to very stringent nuances and rules of our musical systems
Intitution
If a=b and a=c then one can conclude by sheer inductive logic that b=c . But intuition. people usually attribute it as gut feeling which can occur mostly as a sudden flash and without its logic. Hitherto, induction and intuition have been considered as separate. However, since both facilitate exploration of the world around us, I am inclined to believe that they should compliment each other.
Let us imagine a child learning to utter/read a word, say my name, GOPALAN. To the child, the first is the sound-uttering phase, which goes like this: (Teacher) GO – (child) go, PA – pa, LAN – lan and so on, syllable by syllable. Joined together, it will sound GOPALAN. As such, initially it learns inductively. By repeated usage, knowledge of the sound-form is reflected as knowledge embedded in the mind of the child, may be as a pattern, quite oblivious to and Independent of, the combination of the syllables, GO+PA+LAN = GOPALAN. The child begins to recognize the word in totality as a package, intuitively joining the individual syllables to build the word-sound-meaning et al sub-consciously. Evidently there are many logical steps in the child’s mind before it recognizes the written word by sight, and or an uttered word by voice, instantaneously. The visual picture of the written word imprints as it were, on the child as a sound and or as a picture. That is, the child’s mental processes become automatic, and just by the sight of the word GOPALAN, it recognizes the word-sound and by and by, perhaps the face of the person and in general the meaning of the word, too, even if it is not a proper name. Post learning, these steps are carried out at great mental speeds to read and comprehend. Such mental logic or a pattern built-in initially, exercised, enlarged aided by nonlocal guidance and flashes of inspirations becomes the template for others of the same kind also to tap. Does it slip out the logic involved? I don’t think so. It is being carried out at such speeds which are beyond the tracking capabilities of our sense organs. So, when, say you read a sentence or when you are singing a raga or a kriti aided by mental/ transcendental speeds, cultivated or innate, BMCA absorbs, simultaneously, plans and executes adding its own improvisation / manodharma and instantly monitors, guides and controls the thousands of physiological features to deliver even a single Swara not to speak of the entire range of a Raga or any melody as per pattern/ template set. All these physiological controls are automatic. Such templates go on developing by practicing as well intuitively complying with the aesthetics and grammatical boundaries etc.
Intuitive flashes, are marked by leaps of discontinuity, a la creative insight received by the greats like a Newton, Einstein or a Ramanujam ie Scientists, Rishis, NYs and Musicologists of such calibre could create out of the flashes, great thoughts and patterns et al as the Rshis/NYs did.
The chinmudra of Dakshnamoorthy (an aspect of Shiva as a teacher) denotes reflection and introspection. Ramana Mahasrishi also advocated the same. This mudra is indicative of the power of intuitive perception If deductive logic is the sole basis of understanding, it should be possible then from Newton’s laws of dynamics alone, to trace the position and velocity of every electron, proton and neutron in the universe, and thereby determine the entire history and future of the universes. The very attempt to do so is ludicrous not just because the number of factors and their Implicate orders are far too many even to comprehend, not to speak of their complexities of interactions, but also because there seems to be an element of ‘Violation’ in the affairs of the universe that renders deductive logic, utterly insufficient to take man’s quest further. We can at best determine statistically when a certain fraction of the total amount of popcorns in an oven would pop or determine the half life period of a radioactive material, but not determine them with any degree of certainty as to when a particular corn will pop, or a particular atom will decay. The ambit of deductive logic falls grossly short of the sukshma levels, beyond which intuition appears to be the recourse. Our Rishis ought to have recognized this limitation and Consciously, adopted intuitive methods, the efficacy of which was enhanced by training their minds to resonate with the Cosmic Intellect which includes such templates too. It is a point in support that almost all the great discoveries of modern science are intuition based. Verifications came later. According to Henri Poincare, ‘ It is by logic that we prove but by intuition that we discover’.’ Einstein recognized the intuition and placed a high value on it and wrote: "The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery. There comes a leap in Consciousness, call it intuition or what you will, and the solution comes to you and you don't know how or why” and has also said “there is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance”. He has also emphasized “ the intuitive mind is a SACRED GIFT-emphasis added -- “ In my view NBs ,NYs et al have harvested much more of such sublime, truthful (Recall Satyam Gananam, Anantum) and amazing sacred gifts as we have illustrated earlier, through Tapas, NY etc. than by other methods of hard and tenacious research work of modern scientists. As such this write up, it is hoped, will enthuse and catalyse the emergence of NYs, It should therefore, serve us better to emulate the art perfected by RISHI SCIENTISTS too, to catch up and to establish leadership among global innovators to regain our past glory..
Also imagine a thought experiment of two equally strong groups of researchers pooling their financial and technical resources and each group, developing a robot to play tennis in a defined place after say 5 years of development. Will these robots play as cunningly as two tennis players proving the prowess of intuitively cultivated mental speeds, not to speak of transcendental speeds.
Basketball, says Malcolm Gladwell, A Canadian journalist, and author of five books : is an intricate, high-speed game filled with split-second, spontaneous decisions. But that spontaneity is possible only when everyone first engages in hours of highly repetitive and structured practice—perfecting their shooting, dribbling, and passing and running plays over and over again—and agrees to play a carefully defined role on the court. . . . Spontaneity isn’t random.
By such intuitive methods, are the concepts of scientific approaches lost? Let us hear Karl Pearson in Grammar of Science. His observations are illuminating at this juncture supporting that vedic philosophies are indeed sciences.
Quote: “(1) The scope of science is to ascertain the truth in every possible branch of knowledge. There is no sphere of inquiry which lies outside the legitimate field of science. To draw a distinction between scientific and philosophical fields is obscurantism. (2) The scientific method is marked by the following features: (a) Careful and accurate classification of facts and observation of their correlation and sequence, (b) the discovery of scientific laws by the aid of the creative imagination and (c) self-criticism and the final touchstone of equal validity for all normally constituted minds. (3) The claims of science to our support depend on: (a) The efficient mental training it provides for the citizen, (b) the light it brings to bear on many important social problems, (c) the increased comfort it adds to practical life and (d) the permanent gratification it yields to the aesthetic.” unquote
Not only they(Vedic enunciations) are sciences but also have been precursors to many scientific concepts with unlimited room for catalyzing further scientific investigations, desirably cooperating with each other.
This intuition based developmental effort, has received a push from the fact that many of the emerging theories require unrealizable infrastructure costs to generate the extreme operating conditions and complex parameters and to simulate them in labs or as needed.. If such intuitive flashes are not neglected but cultivated and seriously followed up ie practised well , astonishing results as in the case of Srinivasa Ramanujam FRS (22 December 1887 – 26 April 1920) are guaranteed. With almost no formal training or access to some worthwhile mathematical resources, while living in India, he made extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis, number theory, series and continued fractions, most of the time rediscovering these theorems in addition to adding a number of new ones, all by himself. No doubt this natural genius is looked upon by the world as the very intuition personified. His excitement on seeing the number 1729 and phenomenal mental prowess on very many questions are some striking examples demonstrating the power of his intuition. Hardy, his mentor was amazed by his uncanny formal intuition in manipulating infinite series, continued fractions, and the likes and said “I have never met his equal, and can compare him only with Euler or Gauss
The cost of the Hadron Collider at CERN is a case in point. How many such projects the world can afford? It is encouraging to think that the String Theory is already adopting this route.Further,the hindrance to adopt an inductive strain of thinking is that nature appears to set up defences to evade all experimentation techniques to reveal Her secrets. So perceptive logic fails beyond a stage and it is the intuitive perception that takes over as Vedic precepts have shown. What our Maharishis the great realized souls have communicated to us are such conclusions they reached through intuition. Such Akasa based downloaded intuitive perceptions are generally of a higher order with comprehensive coverage, more truthful, because cosmic intellect is ever active and is a living /operating entity governing the universes.

The illustrations below are a few extracted from the website—Healing sounds , about sound 1--- for a more comprehensive coverage
Effect of sound on Water
When water interacts with certain words, focussed thoughts or pictures directed towards it, high-speed photography shows changes it makes on the crystal configurations that form when that water freezes. Some striking images are placed beDr. Emoto’s work evidences that human vibrational energy, such as thoughts, words, ideas and all affect the molecular structure of water --- Source--The Hidden Messages in Water’ by Masaru Emoto.
DNA DISCOVERIES -EXPERIMENT
White blood cells were collected for DNA from donors and placed into chambers to measure electrical changes. The donor was placed in one room and subjected to different "emotional stimulations" of video clips. The DNA was placed in a different room in the same building. Both the donor and his DNA exhibited emotional peaks or valleys measured by electrical responses, IDENTICAL MATCHING RESPONSES AT EXACTLY THE SAME MOMENT and at 50 miles away the results were the same ---Source- Reported by Greg Braden, scientist & engineer.
RUSSIAN DNA STUDIES
There is evidence for a whole new type of approach in which DNA can be influenced and reprogrammed by words and frequencies without cutting and replacing single genes. Only 10% of our DNA which is used for building proteins, is of interest to western researchers. The other 90% are considered "junk DNA." According to Russian researchers our DNA is not only responsible for the construction of our body but also serves as data storage for communication. It was discovered that the genetic code (especially in the so called "useless" 90%) follows the same rules as all our human languages follow. They found that the alkalines of our DNA follow a regular grammar and have set rules just like our languages. It is clear that human languages are a reflection of our DNA.. One can simply use words and sentences of the human language! Researchers modulated certain frequency patterns (sound) on to a laser-like ray which influenced DNA frequency and thus the genetic information. Living DNA substance (in living tissue, not in vitro) will always react to language-modulated laser rays and even to radio waves, if the proper sound frequencies are used.
Russian scientists, through modulated radio and light frequencies are repairing genetic defects. They have even captured information patterns of a particular DNA and transmitted it onto another, thus reprogramming cells to another genome. e.g. they successfully transformed frog embryos to salamander embryos simply by transmitting the DNA information patterns! The entire information was transmitted without any of the side effects or disharmonies encountered when cutting out and re-introducing single genes from the DNA. It is indeed a revolutionary, development. Of course the frequency has to be correct. In self healing the individual must work on his/her inner processes and development in order to establish a conscious communication with the DNA. The more developed an individual’s Consciousness the greater is the communication and healing potential.
Our DNA can cause disturbing patterns in a vacuum, thus producing magnetized wormholes! Wormholes are the microscopic equivalents of the so-called Einstein-Rosen bridges in the vicinity of black holes (left by burned-out stars). These are tunnel connections between entirely different areas in the universe through which information can be transmitted outside of space and time. DNA attracts these bits of information passing them on to our consciousness and one suddenly gains access to information that is outside one's knowledge base. Such hyper-communication is then experienced as inspiration, intuition, trance, telepathy and channelling. The side effects encountered most often in hyper-communication in humans are inexplicable electromagnetic fields in the vicinity of the persons concerned. Stress, worry, hyperactive intellect prevents hyper-communication or the information will be totally distorted.We attain access to all information via our DNA. Remote healing, telepathy or "remote sensing" about the state of another, can thus be explained. Some animals know from afar when their owners plan to return home. All this can be freshly interpreted and explained via the concepts of group consciousness and hyper-communication.
The full article can be viewed - http://www.rense.com/general62/expl.htm
http://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/russian_dna.htm
Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) http://www.redicecreations.com/connections/more/
Musical Talent Has Genetic Roots;
Scientists have found approximate locations in our genome where genes affecting musical talent may lie. The findings suggest musical ability is partly genetic and may share evolutionary roots with language patterns The patch of DNA in question encompasses about 50 genes. Of particular interest within these was a gene that interacts with molecules governing the development of brain cells and their interconnections. Mutations in the gene are also indirectly linked to defects in time and pitch processing. There is also evidence such mutations may be connected to the language dysfunction of dyslexia, suggesting possible connections between music and language. Interestingly, of the three musical tests they used, the one with the strongest apparent link to the gene region is also predictive of dyslexia, which impairs reading and spelling ability. The Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience also reported that children with language syntax deficits also have musical difficulties. Scientists have long suspected musical ability might have genetic roots . For this to be absolutely definitive, further mapping, isolation and characterization of genes that predispose to musical aptitude needs to be carried out ------- Source World Science, April 30,]
Who is the bestower?
In addition, very convincing arguments are advanced in the article, Seven reasons why a Scientist Believes in God by C. A. Coulson, F.R.S., Professor of Mathematics at Oxford University, republished in the "Reader's Digest" November 1960. It is as interesting as it is the most relevant of many such other published inputs (the original of it was by Mr. A. Cress Morrison, former President of the New York Academy of Sciences, first appeared in the "Reader's Digest" January 1948) By outlining seven reasons it admits that God is very much alive and is not dead. Of the seven, the most striking one is:
“These (eels) amazing creatures, migrate at maturity from all ponds and rivers everywhere - those from Europe across thousands of miles of oceans - all bound for the same abysmal depths near Bermuda. There they breed and die. The little ones, with no apparent means of knowing anything except that they are in a wilderness of water nevertheless find their way back not only to the very shore from which their parent came but thence to the rivers, lakes or little ponds - so that each body of water is always populated with eels. No American eel has ever been caught in Europe, no European eel in American waters. Nature has even delayed the maturity of the European eel by a year or more to make up for its longer journey. Where does the directing inputs originate? “
A wasp will overpower a grasshopper, dig a hole in the earth, and sting the grasshopper in exactly the right place so that he does not die but becomes unconscious and lives on as a form of preserved meat. Then the wasp will lay her eggs handily so that her children when they hatch can nibble without killing the insect on which they feed, to them dead meat would be fatal. The mother then flies away and dies; she never sees her young ones. Surely the wasp must have done all this right the first time and every time, or else there would be no wasp. Such mysterious techniques cannot be explained by adaptation; they were bestowed
.The closing Big Bang and the enlightening Black Holes
There is an emerging scientific development that the present universe in which we live was the Black hole of the previous universe and that according to Quantum Physics no information was lost while we transited, supporting the ancient Karma theory. So when a new universe or celestial body emerges it is not at all a babe in the wood but carries its vasanas of its earlier births .In this light whatever has been handed over to us is the crystalized essence of several generations of rishis and NYs and backed up so much by nature. Hope not to mishandle these gifts.
Rishis took enormous care and enumerated a number of steps to safeguard and to preserve the tonal and verbal purity of Mantras and practised sanathanadhama through the ages should now be abundantly clear. Besides, it is amazing, that several aspects of nature, particularly the very fundamentals of sciences, symbiotically promoting, harmony, prosperity and wellness of all its entities, conveyed by the Rishis ,Siddhars Yogis Saints and sages are now getting their acceptance by scientists, one by one. One wonders, how they could do so without any backup of instrumentation. Such contributions by way of illustration are 1- materialism is epiphenomenon of Conciousness 2-knowledge total is ingrained in space (Akasa) in a coded form as the tree is ingrained in its seed etc. As such no other word than Sabdha or Nadha Brahman can this precisely and adequately foot the bi. Further, describing vedas and Brahman as Sabdha Pramanam is undoubtedly the icing of the cake:
The author hails from a deeply rooted background of scientific spiritualism, inheriting a substantial flourish for writing. His father late Proof Lakshminarayanan, was the major source of motivation that got him introduced to this cosmic integration of Vedanta and Sciences. After years of correlated and comparative studies the author has come out with several findings and surmises which to an extend explains and also reveal the solid scientific and well meshed foundations on which stand these Vedic precepts, linking logically, coherently and lucidly the scientific and Vedantic perceptions like.Sabdha, Akasa, Universal / Collective Consciousness, the DNAs of universes, Nonlocalaction, the roles of: Nirguna / Saguna Brahman, Maya, Karmic Balance Sheets, Micro Energies, of phonetic passwords, by way of Mantras denying access for abuse by egotists / terrorists, etc., thus developing a consistent theoretical model for further refinement. This study has also resulted in drawing up several surmises for validation by the Rishi Scientists.
concluding
So the Vedic Sabda /Nada seem to have their hands full in their roll play of nada / sabda Brahman and at all its micro and macro levels . Also the above discussions indicate that what has been handed over to us by the risihs and NYs are inspired ones brought down from cosmic intellect and not mere pastime casual efforts. These need nurturing, preservation.Tapas than imagination alone is sufficint to go anywhere near fundamentals , be it sciences or vedic precepts,
Often we have been hearing the popular chant “Lokassamastaha sukhino bhavantu“and “Sarve janaha sukhino bhavantu” and IDAM NA MAMA . THESE REFLECT THE QUINTESSENCE OF VEDIC CULTURE AND ITS AIMS AND ASPIRATIONS meaning let all lokas (Worlds/universes) and all Janaha (all inhabitants of these lokas irrespective of their affiliations) be happy/blissfull. IDAM NA MAMA adds further emphasis by way of promising before AGNI DEVATA that all actions by me are for the welfare of one and all and not in my self interest only. One should wonder why two statements? It is only to make it clear that unless every body and evrery thing continuously strive for each other’s well being through symbiotic supports, such happiness can’t be ensured. These loudly bespeak of universality in vedic approaches emphasizing on progressive individual perfection as a base for reaping all round benefits through symbiotically promoted collective evolution methodologies, meditative and yogic disciplining etc. Hence the concepts of Nirguna / Saguna Brahmans, festivities, samskaras anushtanas, etc.

Here the term Symbiosis needs some explanation. Normally it covers the close and long term inter-dependent voluntary support and living seen in biological environment. Here it is used in a broader sense to indicate that nature’s elements like Pancha Bhutas, the four forces such as strong and weak nuclear forces, electromagnetic and gravitational are seen working as a team, voluntarily closing the gaps in the total role play in governing the universes. Another way of looking is that nature provides wool where the climate is very cold, cotton where is hot, medicinal plants and herbs to meet diseases and all. At the level of particles say, an electron not merely expected to orbit the nucleus but jump shells releasing energies or absorbing it, aid in chemical bondings, and facilitate many solid state electronic and electron field level applications etc to mention a few. All of them seen to implicitly obey the dictates of Consciousness .
THEREFORE THE SUM AND SUBSTANCE OF SANATHANADHARMA IS TO DEVOTEDLY PRACTICE AND FULL FILL ITS AIMS AND ASPIRATIONS OF
* CONTINUOUSLY IMPROVING TOTAL SYMBIOTIC RELATIONSHIPS, WITH ALL IT LIVING AND NON-LIVING ENTITIES IN ALL THE UNIVERSES IN TUNE WITH THEIR BE GOOD AND DO GOOD ATTITUDES USING THE VEDIC KNOWLEDGE AND BENEVOLENTLY ADOPTING ITS WAYS.
* PREVENTING THOSE THAT HINDER THESE AIMS AFTER EXTENDING SUFFICIENT SCOPE FOR CORRECTION
* INHERITING THE SPIRIT OF “IDAM NA MAMA” -DEDICATING ONE’S ACTIONS NOT FOR HIS BENEFIT ALONE BUT FOR THE WELFARE OF THE SOCIETY AT LARGE

MOST OF US ARE PRIVRITTI MARGIS ALMOST AND WITH LITTLE MORE EFFORT MANY OF US CAN TAP THE KAMAGHENU OF AKASA AND ENSURE GLOBAL/ ALL ROUND HARMONY , PROSPERITY AND HAPPINESS IN WHATEVER WAY WE DESIRE TO SERVE SYMBIOTICALLY. NATURE’S FORCES AND RESOURCES ARE READY TO HELP USS.
THE we should learn are: See, treat,sing, and love nature and every one as Brahman which alone will ensure Yoga, GM. NY, Vedas, Akasa and your own Consciousness based scriptures to yield their unlimited resources for greater peace, prosperity, global harmony and excellence in your chosen profession too to extend selfless services. This is in line with the Rig Vedic aspirations. (1-3-4)
SO IT IS ALL UPTO US ONLYONLY.
By L.Gopalan,AGM, BHEL R&D -- retd- cell 9790937334,land line 044-24935559, aged 81yrs Mail-gopalan@gmail.com
And ex jt secretary, kalasagaram, Hyderabad –mail- gopalan@gmail .com
AUM THAT SATH
This is Truth
This write up is an extract from A--my copyrighted first book ISBN: 978-93-83271-46-7 titled DOWNLOADING NATURE’S SECRETS -From Akasa-The Quantum Vacuum Field, A Study of how Yoga and Gayatri Mantra establish resonant receptivity (TAPAS) with the Cosmic Intellect. an international award winner distributed by power-publishers.com, and also from B- the second book , 70 % ready but under draft circulation (Seeking musicological added support to illustrate the higher order of creativity through nadopasana) titled “INDIAN CLASSICAL MUSIC- GIFTS FROM NADA YOGIS-EMPHASIS CARNATIC.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

vinsim wrote: 19 Dec 2013, 15:27 This sort of contradiction suggests that he is either confused or someone who makes opportunistic use of either stand to further his popularity.
Kind of like Trump. Seems to work.

l.gopalan

Post by l.gopalan »

Can you kindly enlighten me on
1- Is it possible to know the hits my blog enjoyed so far and any further details i can have ?
2-how to promote better visibility and profit from their value adds
3-can i publish it elsewhere mentioning first published in Rasikas.org
4 Can you have a tie up with me to add value as editor or otherwise till the contemplated book is published-- ref concluding notes of my witeup . If ok. we have to discuss all detais---
With regards--- gopalan

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

https://youtu.be/tJH3H-gkWsU?t=527

What is that, that is purer Carnatic during GNB and MSS times when film songs entered CM stage or CM entered film stage?? When discussing the possibility of bringing in a film song of today into CM, TMK makes comments about scope to explore that may be provided by the song, does not even say a word on the rhythmic foot print of the compositions! Entire discussion is on melody as music!

It is as though only Melody only gives the identity to the Genre and not Rhythmic structures!

It is not just TMK.. I am hearing the same from G. S Mani @ Humor club in triplicane ( youtube out there!) - we heard the same from Smt. MLV on her 60th celebration video ( No Mridangist on stage to felicitate her!!) - rAgam tAnE pradAnam!!.

Then Ravikiran on Pallavi Durbar 2017 ! - it is only gamaka that distinguishes the music of various Genres.

The film song of those days not just entered CM stage, even useful in somewhat an authentic Bhajana exploration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFlcX5BriZU

Even a good Bhajan song requires that space and flow on the timescale of some extent!

Before we worry about the ultimate conscious states(!!) , lets worry about where to begin , the initial state - required to solve every equation in physics! The initial state is that Letters are divine ( or sacred if you will!) and you will have to dwell on the intervals to treat them as such!

Even the high-brow Mylapore opinionator who looks down upon film music , does not know why he does so!! They were all walking out in droves during tani from the Mecca! If the accompanists are the same unknown props as they are in film music - then why have two genres!

Yeah! Unni produced great Authentic carnatic music in Narada Gana Sabha when he sang inta kanTE ( kannada) and SrI venkata girISam in the company of TS!

The prior generation (MLV, G.S Mani) and Ravi Kiran, even if they held some opinions , their stage performance reflected the full truth! The YACM male front runners have single handedly caused this confusion! They are a bad debt write off!
Last edited by shankarank on 09 Aug 2017, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

What made him explore this 4 - noter with svarams etc!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCIMwoO-Jw8 ??

Any one gamaka possible?? And is this Carnatic music??

Last heard, the Mecca under the aegis of SSI , even roping in S Balachandar ( Balachandarum solkirAR!!) ruled out such things as rAgAs!!, causing that great rift between him and Dr BMK.

So this is some pure Aesthetics ( a consequence of Aesthetic extravagance started by tyAgaraja!) , vs. some Authentic Raga that has bhava and has true sAhitya!!. But then when he says he is not providing entertainment any more , nor religious services, where do the aesthetics come from??!! I am asking this because Mridangam was declared just an Entertainment - so kind of a connected question!!

In his Feynman's lectures on CM @ IITM, he claimed, for something to be accepted as a rAga, a requirement would be that there is some composition on it, but then what does a composition really bring, with or without meaningful words?

melam72

Post by melam72 »

shankarank wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 22:35 The prior generation (MLV, G.S Mani) and Ravi Kiran, even if they held some opinions , their stage performance reflected the full truth! The YACM male front runners have single handedly caused this confusion! They are a bad debt write off!
The YACM male front runners - Unnikrishnan, Sriram Parthasarathy - that you refer to, are uncompromising in their delivery of classical music.

They do not pander to the audience. In fact, Unnikrishnan in his earlier days sounded SO much like S Ramanathan - especially when rendering krithis like Varalandu (Gurjari).

Film music was to supplement, not do detract from their Carnatic music journeys.

Even Embar Kannan plays so much violin - for things like Christian gospel music!!! Yet, his carnatic music is uncompromising, and often is better than the main artistes themselves! Case in point- I can only listen to Sudha and Bombay Jayashree when Embar Kannan plays for them and helps them make the concert a success!!!

Yet, today, this seems to be changing. People like Cuddalore Jananiy (who can't even spell her name), Mahati, and Mahanadhi Shobana Vignesh, sing Carnatic music mediocrely, and focus on their film careers. As a result, they all sound like rats trapped between doors, unable to sing full throatedly without resorting to falsetto.

Hence, I compose this viruttham. I expect that it will be added to Lakshman sir's krithi database, and the above Rodent Triad will sing this before their concerts :twisted: .

Aandavaa! Ennai Rakshikka Vaa!
Thirai Paattilirunthu ennai kaapaatra vaa!
Iraivaa!
En vaayai thiranthu paada uthava vaa!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

My list of front runners from YACM is restricted to the most acclaimed artistes : Sanjay, TMK, Unni and Vijay Siva.

Is Sriram even singing these days that much? Observed some voice issues! Him and Ashok Ramani even as the latter was losing his voice retained some awareness of the old styles.

That you would bring in Mahati and Mahanadhi is telling - a desperate act to defend the indefensible! An insult to the YACM gang of four (GOF) in fact. The former are singing to people who would never at this time venture into listening to a traditional CM concert. You should not even attempt to review them.

Also the other female artistes you cited, did things honorably within their limitations and strengths.

I was more respectful to the YACM-GOF - judging them against a higher standard! Again it is not about how they produced melody like the yester years - this is something more subtle.

And this is not about the filmy back ground of the artistes. KJY - from whom Unni took voice advice ( remember a Vikatan or some interview) for all his melodic limitations ( in terms of what a CM listener would look for) had a good expression of layam reminiscent of his era of music.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I am opening every new post in this thread with the eagerness of a child opening his Christmas present. I am so eager to know more about TMK's NEW BOOK. What ia the title, what does it say, what new controversies and discussions will it stir? Can someone making the next post tell me? Is it on Amazon?

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sachi,
This ain't no new book. It is Southern Music which you have read.

Dear (departed) Venkatakailasam started this thread in 2013 and it was revived very recently after several years.

The word 'new' in the title doesn't help when the thread is revived after ages :(

So, no christmas presents I'm afraid, unless TMK does plan to bring out a new book by the year end
:)

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

It is like Brave New World!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

arasi wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 03:32 This ain't no new book.
So, no christmas presents I'm afraid!!
And the same old Pallavi will be sung ( shouted) after rushing to the well of rasikas to adjourn every possible thread , until the burning issue afflicting the music is resolved! Like our Parliament! ;) :twisted:

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

There was once a huge rodent menace problem in America. Trump spared no effort to rid the great nation of these unwanted aliens. A global contest was held to select the best rodent destroyer device.

The winning entry was from a Sardarji. He grandly presented to Trump and the Homeland Security jury his device. It was an unimpressive metal scale with a sharp/shining edge, balanced on a wedge. At each end was a small platter. He placed a piece of cheese (a bit like the writings of a famous articulate musician) at both ends. The large American rodent was released, came rushing, stood at the edge, saw two equally attractive items at either end. As he looked hither and thither, unable to decide between cheese and cheese, which one to go for, poor rodent was rubbing his neck on the edge, and was decapitated. Such a simple device, and rodents committing harakiri! First Prize to Sardar.

Next year, unfortunately, the rodent problem recurred. Same contest. Same Sardarji. As he set up his device, it seemed exactly the same as the previous contraption. Knife edge. Platters. So Trump asks, "Sardarji, so what's new!?"
Sardarji says, "Mr. POTUS, wait and see. Let the rodent come!" When the nasty beast comes, rushes to the knife edge, he turns left and right frantically, "No Cheese, No Cheese", several times like a rasika anticipating a new thriller book. And he is decapitated.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Sachi_R wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 09:51 Yes, I have the app 😀
We are all rats heading to a knife in the horizon!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/09/opin ... imate.html

Just returned from Mt. Hood , Oregon after enjoying dipping my foot into a rivulet flowing out of a partially snow clad peak. Smelt the smoke there from another fire.

if fires are that easy in one of the wettest areas - bad news. We will lose Gangotri first I am told. So use your App soon to enjoy as much!

TMK criticizes diversion of funds to address climate change - but refuses to recognize sustainable solutions within culture , like not exporting Beef to start with!

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

shankarank wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:47
We are all rats heading to a knife

Just returned from Mt. Hood , Oregon

<snip>

TMK criticizes diversion of funds to address climate change - but refuses to recognize sustainable solutions within culture , like not exporting Beef to start with!
Unless you walked to Mt. Hood, your criticism of TMK & beef export rings pretty hollow.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Yeah usual hypocriticism. Lets uninstall the App!.

The agricultural expansion did warm the earth and helped Monsoons to come up North. It will be futile to blame Agriculture now!! You will have to get off reductionism and localized logic and get some Systemic thinking.

Marxists are stuck in Cartesian thinking and think programming centrally and disbursing funds and appointing bureaucrats will solve problems!

Even then Noam Chomsky had some sense when talking about owning a car - that his not owning a car is not going to solve a thing!

We did take Mass Transit to the downtown Portland! But then my wife was little shaken to see a homeless man blowing Mucus into the platform! You see living across life-styles even for a moment has it's own issues. It may be good for a photo-op.

Marxists need to realize that!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/ ... tm-krishna

I see him reasonable here. There is no need to do a performance - nor make people accompany. But it is not enough to NOT call them accompanists or seat them non-hierarchically.

We give so much importance to Sruti , but not acknowledge the wealth of aesthetics in layam that all performers do sAdhakam on. Ironically when they were called accompanists they brought more to the table than now.

From the MVI thread in V&V forum:
SrinathK wrote: 08 Aug 2017, 23:55 Those brighas !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agTt4mmXgZQ&t=577s
We don't notice the forceful atIta expressions during the pallavi rendition. When R&G duo sang @ Siva Vishnu temple in Cleveland ( about 2002/2003 so so) as part of the Aradhana, Gayathri tried the same thing , but Ranjani discouraged her immediately. A stereo type of Gender variety? was imposed live on stage. When a female artiste naturally liked to create that, she was stopped. So a lineage from MVI times has come to this pass!

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/ ... tm-krishna
There is a general notion that anything classical is esoteric, timeless and spiritual. When I sit in a classical music class, my teacher is transferring all this baggage to me.
He is now speaking to journalists with their own baggage and he is able to do that because of the new baggage!! For until he replaced the baggage , no journalist cared.