Welcome to new members

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

I always find it uncomfortable to wish new members in threads that might otherwise get derailed. So I am going to welcome new members here. Others may also use this thread.

First I welcome our most recent member - Gitapriya. A warm welcome to you.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

sarvE sarvadA susvAgataM |
All all the time a warm welcome!
That will take care of it :)

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

We have reached 1000 users. Yippee..pettayil is the 1000th one.

krishnaxyz

Post by krishnaxyz »

just joined would like to explore wonderfull world of carnatic music.

krishnaxyz

Post by krishnaxyz »

I am user number 1054th

Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

I am user # 1065

Anaconda

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya »

Anaconda wrote:I am user # 1065

Anaconda
shh!!!!!! The super sleuth is here :P

Welcome anaconda!

-Ramakriya

meena

Post by meena »

Anaconda 1065!

Welcome aboard, it did take u a longtime to find ur way here. Have u lost ur touch??? hee hee

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Anaconda is very slow moving! But is very quick in reacting.

Now keep watching :)

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

...watching...

btw, welcome Anaconda.

Anaconda

Post by Anaconda »

thanks to you all..... true, no food these days, so I am really sluggish.

navarasakannada

Post by navarasakannada »

this is an interesting forum to understand and appreciate Karnatic music. I enjoy joining this forum. I wish and pray that this website would stiate my appetite or Carnatic music and enjoy the sonorous music of the vaggeyakaras

smithahemadri

Post by smithahemadri »

Smitha - new member. Have learnt music to some extent.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Welcome Smitha and Navarasakannada

chitra

Post by chitra »

hello.everybody goodevening

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

welcome back Chitra

nagavalli

Post by nagavalli »

Hello, Every body good evening

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

I would like to welcome shivkumar kalyanarAman , who has made just one post in nAttaikurinji thread, his id is shivkuma .

shivkumar
Please post more...

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Welcome Shivakumar and Nagavalli

Musicfan

Post by Musicfan »

Hi..I am Musicfan...happy to be back . I can see many of the old timers in sangeetham.com posting here...Lets make rasika.org a great portal. All the best..

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Welcome musicfan. Long time no see.

sandhyashree

Post by sandhyashree »

Hello everybody!!!!!!!
Let me introduce myself first.....
I am a student of music and my quest since childhood has been music of a higher order......
Here i would like to say that i have been associated with Shri Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma(Akellagaru as we fondly call him) for the past five years........
Though i dare not say that i am his disciple,i can proudly say that i am learning under him, so people consider me as his disciple. Throughout my quest .....i wished i had an oppurtunity to meet him and learn for him,it took several years before i encountered him in one of his workshops. Contrary to his image and much to my surprise, i found him extremely nice and accommodating.Since then,every session of mine with him has been been so educative,thought provoking and motivating. And i must tell you that he is an extaordinary singer too and i have benefitted so much by his book on raga alaapana and swarakalpana.I always wish that i could come close to his renditions of ragas with all nuances which he produces exactly the way he plays on the violin.Its AMAZING and MINDBLOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!! The way he works is something that one cant imagine...........
I have also assisted him in one of his workshops(though in a very small way)too.......I have recently ventured into Talasprastara and am working on it..........and have found it extremely interesting though it is a complex and a vast subject........and i pray i will learn the subject as far as possible...........
Now,having known him quite well.........i have come to realise that he hasnt been able to put things across in English successfully which is quite normal........'cause most us may find it difficult at some stage or the other when it comes to explaining or interpreting things in a foriegn language.But as you might have seen for yourself, his knowledge as a violinist,vocalist,musicologist is amazing.Its is also a fact that he is the sole authority on Talaprasthara. My attempt here is only to tell you that it would be ideal if any of you can get associated with him personally so that you will get to see for yourselves,the treasure that he is and learning it directly would be better since the subject is vast and complex.(but very interesting).I am not too sure if reading the book will suffice in anyway, though it would mean a step forward. I have also been using the electronic tambura that he has designed for the past few years and since then i think it has redefined singing itself................
Hope many of you would avail the oppurtunity of listening to his demo at the Music Academy ,Chennai........
Having known him quite well, i consider myself extremely fortunate even to have met him.
and i wish those of you interested in meeting him all the best!!!!!!!!!
Just that i wanted to share my experiences with you all..........which include plenty of fruitful arguements with him,with due respects to him........( there were days when i dreaded even meeting him :)
I take every oppurtunity to argue with him which points out to the fact that he is extremely accommodating..........To me he is the best teacher ever!!!!!!!!! Its a pleasure to see how he trains his disciples especially the Violinists.........
Thank you all an All the Best!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by sandhyashree on 28 Oct 2006, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Sandhyashree, welcome

munsarma

Post by munsarma »

Dear all,

I have been here from some time.. I ardent listener of carnatic music ( and also hindustani but limited to vocal and only particular musicians like Bhimsen Joshi ji etc). I have learned classical vocal for about 4 years under the able guidance of Late Sri VVL Narasimha Rao, violinist and music college lecturer. I have learnt this only to become a good and soulful listener of CM.

I am cursing myself to have missed this forum for this long.. I have been following the discussions here and find them highly knowledgeable and informative.

I wish this forum goes on forever. I thank you all for having created such a great forum.

Regards,

Sarma

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Munsarma, you are welcome. Please share your music-knowledge and experiences with us. Since you say you are a vocalist, I'm looking forward to listening to your music online.

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

welcome munsarma!
(i've come of age now and a senior member patronizing a junior!)

munsarma

Post by munsarma »

srkris wrote:Munsarma, you are welcome. Please share your music-knowledge and experiences with us. Since you say you are a vocalist, I'm looking forward to listening to your music online.
Dear sir,

I have never come to the stage of giving concerts. As I told I learned my music at the age of 34 for the very reason to be able to appriciate it rather than singing. My music is basically limited to bathroom and for listening appriciation. I started listening to CM even before and used to be at loss when the audience say "Bhale" at the end of a good "sangathi" or in between "Thani-arvritham" and hence decided to learn it to appricate the same from my heart. Now I know why rasikas say "Bhale!" and I myself would say the same when I hear good sangathis. I would do the same thing here. Listen more to all learned men and women like you all and only comment if I am sure I know something about the same.

Regards,

Sarma

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

don't be surprised when you open your bathroom door and find an audience saying 'Bhale'! In any case your humility is appreciated!!!!

sunadha2003

Post by sunadha2003 »

Hi, sunadha here proud to part of the rasikas.org team.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Welcome Sunadha

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

here is a blistering Todi by nednuri ...
http://www.rogepost.com/dn/8rqf
Why am I putting it up here ??

BECAUSE THE ACCOMPANYING VIOLINIST IS A MEMBER HERE !!

For those of you who can't guess the name ,
Welcome to the Music Academy on 17th Dec Morning ..

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

i've never found you so excited!

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Your right .Broadband at home has got me excited -after all the things which tempered me before !

Anyway since no one has guessed , let me announce it.
Akella Mallikarjuna Sarma ..
(I hope my concert listing is right .)

venkatpv

Post by venkatpv »

blistering and nedunuri are strange words in the same sentence... HAVE to listen to it!!! :)

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

second half ,to be precise..

musicsyndrome

Post by musicsyndrome »

hallo everyone. am a new member. this site is simply superb n wat a time for me to register when the dec season is round the corner!!!!

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Welcome musicsyndrome, strange ID! :)

needhidevadai

Post by needhidevadai »

Hello Friends Vanakkam, Namaskaaram, Suswagatham!!!!
I am very much impressed by your forum.

I don't intend to write just reviews of concerts...I see many experts reviewing them with elan.

I would rather focus on the unfair and "aniyaayam" which is carrying on in the media related to Carnatic Music...with no one to utter a word of protest. I will expppppossssse them all.......

Hello...Bad guys (and gals) of music....!!! jus' watch out for needhidevedai
Last edited by needhidevadai on 02 Dec 2006, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

it sounds like the movie 'Anniyan'!

Veeraraghavan

Post by Veeraraghavan »

I have just joined today. I have been following this forum for the last few days - good discussions, exchange of views and a lot of information. Hope to benefit from all this and grow my little gyanam of CM. Great forum !

Regards,
Veera

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Welcome, Veera.
Looking forward to hear more from you.

SJANASWAMY

Post by SJANASWAMY »

Hi there,
Just joined the group. Seems to be a pretty vibrant and active group. I have absolutely no knowledge of Carnatic Music. I however listen and enjoy lot of Krithi's. Gives me lot of cerebral pleasure. Hope to start learning Mrudangam at the age of 40! It is never too late to begin learning.

With warm regards to all the members and my pranams to all the Vidwans.

Srinivasa Sastry J

Vancouver, Canada

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Hope to start learning Mrudangam at the age of 40! It is never too late to begin learning.
Absolutely...Good luck and welcome to the forum.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

hi
i am Mannarkoil J.Balaji mridangist from chennai. I joined the group abt two weeks back. even before introducing myself formally to the group i just plunged into discussions and postings. Anyway better late than never. Only afterwards i saw this customary welcome information and i thought of saying HI to everyone. Moreover this group seems to be bent on encouraging healthy trend in building Rasika Base without sledging. I find most of the articles are of high value and the criticism rendered is very constructive. On top of all this whenever the topic or the members tend to go awry, the moderators put the whole discussion in place, which i like the most. Unlike other forums i find this very interesting and it is Very much ALIVE and current. Thank you.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Phew !!
and Thanks :D

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Thanks Shri Balaji, and welcome.

Augustin

Post by Augustin »

namasthe all, new member of this forum - augustin,

Karnaticfan

Post by Karnaticfan »

suswagatam augustin. aapki yAtra sangeethmy hO.
Last edited by Karnaticfan on 14 Dec 2006, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

karnaticfan
You forgot to mention about the seat belts !!:D

ravi2006

Post by ravi2006 »

I joined this forum a fortnight ago and just noticed this space for introductions. There always seems to be a healthy hum of activity and discussion here and I anticipate a worsening of my natural tendency towards insomnia.

So, greetings to all
Ravi
Last edited by ravi2006 on 16 Dec 2006, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.