NRI Women Can Bring Fewer Silk Saris This Season

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
harimau

NRI Women Can Bring Fewer Silk Saris This Season

Post by harimau »

It is reliably learnt that Smt Sudha Raghunathan has cancelled all her engagements during the December Season.

rshankar

Re: NRI Women Can Bring Fewer Silk Saris This Season

Post by rshankar »

Sarees and the like notwithstanding, if team Harimau's (apparently rivaled only by Sybil/Shirley Ardell Mason for the number of personalities involved) information is correct, I do hope all's well with the vidushi and her family!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Hope she is doing well. A persistent throat problem, perhaps? Wishing her a speedy recovery...

rupavathi

Post by rupavathi »

It's confirmed news. Sudha akka is taking a break...

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

that's sad to hear... last year it was aruna and now sudha...

harimau

Post by harimau »

pattamaa wrote:that's sad to hear... last year it was aruna and now sudha...
And TMK!

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

TMK is different story. he never intend to sing in december

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Cancellation must be for a good reason. It might be something not to make light of.

And anyway, the saris will come. And I will enjoy looking at them :lol:

shankarabharanam

Post by shankarabharanam »

Harimau: I don't understand why you had to be so cheap in your comments especially when the artist had to take a break on medical advice. She is a senior artist who has been performing in december season for the last three decades. She is one person who wouldn't cancel a concert unless it is unavoidable. And you continue to ridicule not just her but most of the leading performers.

She decided to take a break on doctors advice, unlike TMK who just keeps blabbering. I don't want to divert the forum by again giving space for a person who is just a megalomaniac. Hope she recovers soon.. As far as the season is concerned, looking forward to the reviews..

harimau

Post by harimau »

shankarabharanam wrote:Harimau: I don't understand why you had to be so cheap in your comments especially when the artist had to take a break on medical advice. She is a senior artist who has been performing in december season for the last three decades. She is one person who wouldn't cancel a concert unless it is unavoidable. And you continue to ridicule not just her but most of the leading performers.

She decided to take a break on doctors advice, unlike TMK who just keeps blabbering. I don't want to divert the forum by again giving space for a person who is just a megalomaniac. Hope she recovers soon.. As far as the season is concerned, looking forward to the reviews..
Do you actually understand the English language? :evil: :twisted:

The sari reference is NOT to Sudha's collection. It is about audience members who feel the compelling need to show of their finery.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

This is the problem with Pothys. Let us honour others feeling. Every message is viewed with coloured eyes and nothing is achieved. Let us desist from harsh words. Can we start this from this Diwali.
With wishes,
Thanjavooran
04 11 2015

thaaye

Post by thaaye »

harimau wrote:The sari reference is NOT to Sudha's collection. It is about audience members who feel the compelling need to show of their finery.
On the face of it, yes. However, there does seem an indirect correlation (not that I find it a cheap comment :D - after all everyone knows abt Sudha's saree shows.

harimau

Post by harimau »

thaaye wrote:
harimau wrote:The sari reference is NOT to Sudha's collection. It is about audience members who feel the compelling need to show of their finery.
On the face of it, yes. However, there does seem an indirect correlation (not that I find it a cheap comment :D - after all everyone knows abt Sudha's saree shows.
Please don't try to put words in my mouth. I can honestly say that Sudha's sari collection never crossed my mind until the person with poor comprehension skills brought it up.

Whatever I want to say, I have never been shy in stating it loud and clear nor have I been coyly hinting at things. :twisted: :evil: :lol:

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Harimau, You also admitted you make undignified remarks!

shankarabharanam

Post by shankarabharanam »

Come on Harimau.. I am not that naive not to understand your indirect reference.. And women/men dressing up for any social event isn't new. There was no need to mention the attire. That was my only problem. Also, we know you how you refer to a lot of performing musicians.