Op-Ed in The Hindu: Live vs. Recorded CM [ARTICLE]

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
Pratyaksham Bala

Re: Op-Ed in The Hindu: Live vs. Recorded CM [ARTICLE]

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

And this !
http://gautamtejasganeshan.com/bonafides.html

PERFORMANCES
Arkay Convention Center, Chennai, India (2011)
Musiri Chamber Concert, Chennai, India (2011)
Tyagaraja Vidwat Samajam, Mylapore, India (2005)
Nanganallur Anjaneyar Kovil, Chennai, India (2005)
Vijaya Vinayaka Temple, Bangalore, India (2005)
Vijayawada Music College, Vijayawada, India (2005)
Last edited by Pratyaksham Bala on 09 Apr 2016, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

PB
I read what you posted in #50. My guess in post #45 may be right . Very Likely the second url of R Ganesan in post #45 whose songs are available in iTunes may be Gautam Tejas appA. Getting a nanganallur vada mAla concert is a big achievement without stuff his father could not get that vocal slot. We will wait for Gautam Tejas.

On a funny note , I googled R Ganesan and at the top of the page I am getting the result Ramkumar Ganesan (son of legendary actor Sivaji Ganesan).

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Rajesh
See how Gautam spells his name - you should have searched for R. Ganeshan perhaps!

GautamTejasGaneshan

Post by GautamTejasGaneshan »

uday_shankar wrote: 1) English Lyrics: I balked at the idea at first and then it simply grew on me.
Me too!
uday_shankar wrote: I would be more than dishonest if I claim that I am moved by any kind of sahitya/lyrics. Only sounds do it for me...this is probably my loss (like a certain kind of deafness).
Me too - originally!

But eventually I realized song is senior to "pure music,"
in comprehending more elements -
much the same way as niraval is senior to bol taan.
uday_shankar wrote: I am thunder-stuck by the extent of your output. How/when do you get time to compose, practice and put together all these songs ?! R E S P E C T !
Thanks. I don't know. Don't you think I should practice more?
uday_shankar wrote: Rajesh, sorry no clue about Gautam's ancestry.
I plead the fifth on this whole swirl of interest in my ancestry, which I find hilarious, TBH. Let's see how good is your collective Google-Fu! I'll give you another hint - my father used to sport a beard and play the role of the saint himself at the Houston, TX Thyagaraja Aradhana, marching around the Meenakshi Temple there with portable tambura unchavrtti, etc.

- G

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Now that is one more evidence of mInAkshi kaTAksham!! madhura vANi in the land of american english!
Last edited by shankarank on 09 Apr 2016, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Gautam Tejas
O gosh may be your father is Ram Ganeshan. Poor father only gave a mini concert way back in 2003 and they did not report even one krithi that he sang.
http://www.kutcheribuzz.com/news/genera ... in-houston

May be Ram Ganeshan is the same person with tambura
https://www.facebook.com/35100195166050 ... =3&theater

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

"Ram Ganeshan, a Sugar Land Texas resident & Advisory Board Member of Classical Arts Society of Houston, is a chemical engineer and has worked in the heat transfer industry for over three decades. While honing his musical skills, Ganeshan continues with his chemical experiments as well.

"Ganeshan resigned his job (in 2012?) to pursue his passion for classical Carnatic music. He is a vocalist. He learned music at an young age from renowned teachers and is now working on sharpening his singing skills. He is well known to the Indian music lovers in Houston.

"Ganeshan's three objectives in life are to learn more music and to perform with a view to promote the greatness and uniqueness of the highly scientifically developed but little understood Carnatic Music all around the world; to bring to India new, simple, economical and practical technologies to improve the industries in India and make them more efficient."

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

PB
I will piggy back on you and close the case
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/archives ... 3b313.html

GautamTejasGaneshan

Post by GautamTejasGaneshan »

My father:

- GTG