Bangalore Gayana Samaja Youth Music Festival June 18 -22

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
hnbhagavan

Bangalore Gayana Samaja Youth Music Festival June 18 -22

Post by hnbhagavan »

Bangalore Gayana samaja is conducting a Youth Festival series for up coming artists starting from June 18 and ending on June 22.Credit to the organisers for holding this festival featuring very promising Youngsters - Ramana Balacandar,Lavanya krishna Murthy,sanjay Nag etc.
The most shocking aspect is the attitude of Rasikas and members of Gayana Samaja.In an auditorium of about 700 capacity one can count about 50 rasikas.
This is true of most such festivals.Even the artists scheduled to perform in the festival do not attend the concerts of other artists performing in the festival.
It is one thing to throng the auditorium once some body becomes a SANJAY or KRISHNA,but it is extremely important to attend the performance of young and upcoming artists.
I appeal to our RASIKAS located in Bangalore to start attending the Youth programs from June 21.Megana Murthy will be performing on June 21 followed by Anjali Sriram.
I also appeal to the young artists to participate in the youth festival as a family attending each and every concert in this series as well as festivals where upcoming artists are featured.It will not be out of place if I may point out the absence of seasoned musicians also in youth festivals.One should draw inspiration from the good attendance in Chennai for youth festivals especially at raga Sudha Hall and ARKAY CONVENTION CENTRE.
Even the Basavanagudi Rasikas were not present.

Sivaramakrishnan

Re: Bangalore Gayana Samaja Youth Music Festival June 18 -22

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Bangalore Rasikas,
Pl extend your support to the cause!

hnbhagavan

Re: Bangalore Gayana Samaja Youth Music Festival June 18 -22

Post by hnbhagavan »

Thank you.
Hardly there is any response for the posting.Most unfortunate thing is that the youth Brigade is not participating as a family attending each one's concert.
The performers do not attend except when they perform.