Caste in Carnatic Music

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
arasi

Re: Caste in Carnatic Music

Post by arasi »

Bala, super fast sleuth as always :)

Siddharth,
You are fortunate to be born in a family like yours :) I bet others in it are distinguished too :)
Hope your fervor for tamizh and music grows many fold in the coming years...

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

ram1999 wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 13:19
vijay.siddharth wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 12:35
This was to draw contrast with Dandapani Desikar, who, according to Madurai GS Mani, was denied chances in the Academy (or any other Madras Sabha) was denied chances because of his caste. He was also disrespected in AIR and was treated more like a light music artiste despite the classicism in his music according to Sanjay Subhramanyam.
I suspect this is clearly a mischief mongering in the lines of TMK !!!
That Dandapani Desikar was not given his due by the CM establishment during his time is indisputable. That it was because of his caste is moot. The best we can do now is make up for it which the present day artistes are doing in numbers. I do not see any mischief mongering.

kvjayan

Post by kvjayan »

sureshvv wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 09:40
ram1999 wrote: 08 Jul 2017, 13:19
vijay.siddharth wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 12:35
This was to draw contrast with Dandapani Desikar, who, according to Madurai GS Mani, was denied chances in the Academy (or any other Madras Sabha) was denied chances because of his caste. He was also disrespected in AIR and was treated more like a light music artiste despite the classicism in his music according to Sanjay Subhramanyam.
I suspect this is clearly a mischief mongering in the lines of TMK !!!
That Dandapani Desikar was not given his due by the CM establishment during his time is indisputable. That it was because of his caste is moot. The best we can do now is make up for it which the present day artistes are doing in numbers. I do not see any mischief mongering.
Apart from Desikar, Sirkazhi Govindarajan was also not given his due by the establishment.

melam72

Post by melam72 »

kvjayan wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 22:01 Apart from Desikar, Sirkazhi Govindarajan was also not given his due by the establishment.
Which is why he unleashed Sirkazhi Siva Chidambaram upon us poor rasikas!

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Brahmin Nadaswara Vidhwan -
Palani Lakshmi Narasimha Ayyar !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6TTSuqBJBs